SIMULATED at Golden State Warriors Wednesday Nov 9

Discussion in 'December 2011' started by coynejeremy, Nov 9, 2011.

?

Who won the game?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2011.
  1. Detroit

50.0%
  2. Golden State

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The 1-3 fictitious Pistons travel to Golden State for the first of a 3-game West Coast stretch (@ Portland Saturday, @ LA Lakers Sunday). Who wins?

"The challenge is on all of us, to balance between rest, rhythm, timing, focus, energy, execution. It's a delicate balancing act."
    - Lawrence Frank

"You're better than that!"
    - Mark Jackson

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This West coast trip will allow the squad to bond with the newcomers and rookies Brandon Knight, Vernon Macklin, and Kyle Singler. Bonding? That will happen. Winning? Maybe not.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's half time and the Pistons are down 9 due to some hot shooting by Monta Ellis and Steph Curry who already have 15 and 12 points respectfully. The Pistons lone bright spot is Rodney Stuckey who is the only Piston in double figures with 13 pts.

JJ continues to show that the year off in rehab has worked as he has already grabbed a game high 12 boards at the half (7 offensive). Pistons will need to shut down the Warrior guards and get one of their bigs untracked offensively to get back into this game!!
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

I don't know if I can pretend to watch the rest of this game. Seriously, the only defender worse than Charlie V is imaginary Charlie V. This guy might as well be handing out chips and sodas in the lane, because he sure ain't guarding any one. Seriously, I didn't even know that Radmonovic was still in the league, and he's on track to score 24 tonight.
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That was a good overtime win for the Pistons who improve to 2-3. Good way to start the west coast trip. Hopefully they have something left in the tank for the next two games. In all honesty though, I cannot believe they pulled off a win after the poor start. Frank has his work cut out for him as we still remain *the* team against whom the agents want to showcase bigs. David Lee had another 20-10 game with 27 pts and 12 rebounds. If he hadn't fouled out with 3 minutes to go, we wouldn't have won this game.

What's up with Greg Monroe? 6 pts and 8 rebounds? That ain't gonna cut it. He seems to play with less confidence this year for whatever reason.

JJ with a game high 18 rebounds. If only he could back it up with some decent scoring as he went 1-7 from the field. At least he hit his fritos though.

Knight was impressive down the stretch and it was a pleasant surprise that Frank kept him in the game during overtime. He never would've seen the floor after the 3rd under Quester. The scary thing is he seems to have good chemistry with Rip. Do we keep Hamilton & Knight and unload Gordon & Stuckey?

None of the rookies other than Knight saw any action. Well, Singler was in the game for 0.3 seconds at the end of the second quarter, but I'm not counting that.

Unfortunately for us, the highlight of the game was that sick block by Monta Ellis on Chaz Garbage. Seriously, if you're 6'11" and you're posting up a 6'3" guard, you dunk on him. Or at least you shoot over him. I don't know whatever that thing CV did is called, but it wasn't a basketball move. That block really started the big Golden State rally in the third.

Overall I'm optimistic about the future though. If we can undo the CV and Ben Gordon mistakes, and get a quality big in return, we may do some damage in the playoffs.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  6. BillLaimbeer

Last night was just the 4th game that the Pistons haven't played. They were 1-2 in games not played heading into last night's virtual game.
  7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That's right. So, that puts us at 2-2. Lawrence Frank has matched Quester's performance in his 1st season so far.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good write up Walter....I finally got into the Jimmy Kimmel studio and was hoping when the show was over and I came out, the Pistons would have come all the way back from that 9 point halftime deficit and won.
  9. coynejeremy

Nice one Walter. If the poll closes and the score is tied, first person to post gets to decide.
  10. BillLaimbeer

We should count Walter's vote and call this a Pistons win.
  11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Does anyone know when Terrico White is expected back from his foot injury?

Those 18 boards from JJ were great. He seems stronger than before the injury and he can most likely get his leg even further up the wall.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Pistons Frank locked in cell, left at Alcatraz overnight
    coynejeremy likes this.
  13. coynejeremy

That was just a harmless prank. The Pistons always do that for their rookie coaches.
  14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I spit green tea out of my nose reading this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.