1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

SHOCK IN PLAYOFFS ...AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Sep 11, 2009.

1. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Why? what did that old hack say? :gun1:

Anyway, I think some trades might be good for the Shock. I think the one person that really need to go is Braxton. She's the most inconsistent player in the league.I think sending Braxton to New York with someone there on that roster, maybe for Cathrine Kraayeveld or even Leilani Mitchell and someone else. Obviously Teasley and Kelly are goners. Hornbuckle needs to learn from Katie Smith like how Zealous did in just one year. She needs to learn on how to play the point guard position because she turn the ball over than all of the NBA players combine.

McWilliam is a real question mark on whether this might be her last year here. She might retire because she's getting up there in age but I think she shouldn't. She should stay on. If Smith and Pierson are ready to go at the start of next year then it's going to be another Championship year.

This was a close game. It was no where near a slaughter like how the Piston played against LeFraud during the Playoff. My compliment to the ladies on fighting the good fight but damn it they could have won it if Smith and Pierson are in full health. Indiana got lucky, they're like the Silverstar from last year, just pure luck. Indiana is going to get slaughter, just you wait. I won't be watching because my team is not playing. :hoops:

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Not to sound like total dill-wad and all, but dude, Be Quiet. Leave this to the Real WNBA/Shock fans. Braxton is fine, she's a talented inconsistent frontcourt player, but she's a huge weapon to have on the bench, that's what most folks don't realize, bench players are talented players that just don't bring it EVERYNIGHT, that's why they don't start!!! Taj is is like 125 years old, so we don't even have to discuss her. Alexis is a do-it-all grind out player, she has a completely different game than Katie and Zellous, she did a fantastic job for someone who was forced into a position that she does not play at all.

GREAT SEASON, we fought hard and for the 2nd year in a row almost pulled off the impossible and we got 2 young players some much needed experience. Next year with a healthy Sweet P and Katie, One more year of rest and rehab for Ford, another draft and maybe a FA pickup, we'll win it again!!!! We need a legit vet PG, a wing player and power frontcourt player, any two of them will suffice.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Looks like Phx vs Indy, cool. Defense Vs Offense. I'll be tuning in becaue both teams play pretty good b-ball and also because DeWanna Bonner is indeed the female version of Austin Daye.

4. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Were you watching the same game as we all did? You are correct about how completely different game Katie and Zellous are from Hornbuckle. At least combines they'll never turn the ball over as much.

Also I was just saying the Braxton is like the Tayshaun Prince of the WNBA. Great one year suck for the rest. Am I wrong? Have I gone too far? Do you need a man hug? :gun1:

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

WHAT the old hag said to teh crowd was very inappropriate.
    "We just shocked the Shock!!" and basically said that the fans were the reason the Shock choked the game away. I have never heard a coach put down the other team in front of a crowd and national TV like that in atime where she should have been more humbled.
    Very low taste...from the old uknowwhat.

6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Great season for the Shock. Thank you ladies!

Hornbuckle may have choked in Indiana, but she's a good hustle player and decent defender. She definitely has a place in this team. This team did an awesome job; coming back from being dead last in the league to challenging for a spot in the Finals. They accomplished that while missing 2.5 All-Star caliber players in Smith, Pierson and Ford.

Braxton is what she is. She has the potential to dominate a game. She also has the potential to lay brick after brick to a 1-point game. But, she's a big gal who's strong and likes to do the dirty work.

If either one of Smith or Pierson had been healthy we would've swept the Fever too (who finished with the best record in the league btw). Even as currently constructed, this team can win it all next year if Smith and Pierson come back healthy.

I wonder if we can trade for Batkowic-Brown from Storm. She filled in quite nicely for Lauren Jackson in the playoffs. She's got range (shot .538 from the 3pt line against the Sparks).

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree...we need to keep Braxton...she is big (225 lbs) and can score in the post and shoot FT's much better than Cheryl[strike] Malone[/strike],Ford. In fact at 53%, she was the best shooter on the team due to her paint scoring. We can win with her, PP and Ford in the middle next year.

Taj will be 40 when the next season starts, if she stays so be it. Another big via draft or FA should be able to replace her.

Katie will be 36 next year....the back should be healed and both Alexis and Shavonte will be better.
    We just need maybe another pure point guard or three pointer shooter and we should be set to get the title that we appear to win every other year....Go Shock in '10

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Well for anyone that cares, the WNBA finals start tonight. Here's the schedule (all games on ESPN2):

Game 1: Tue 9/29 - 9 PM ET [​IMG]
    Game 2: Thu 10/1 - 9 PM ET [​IMG]
    Game 3: Sun 10/4 - 4 PM ET [​IMG]
    Game 4: Wed 10/7 - 7:30 PM ET [​IMG]
    Game 5: Fri 10/9 - 9 PM ET [​IMG]

The breakdown:
    WNBA.com: Fever-Mercury Preview

3-1 Phoenix. They are just way too talented for Indiana.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

:granade: