SHOCK IN PLAYOFFS ...AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Sep 11, 2009.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tell me your kidding.........

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Like I said before, Teasley is the JR Rider of the WNBA. The best thing she does is make you appreciate Katie Smith more. Teasley has bounced around the league as much as Tameka Dixon. It just goes to show you that a mind is a terrible thing to waste.:MusicBigGrin:

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Hold on Uncle OldSkool, Tameka had game when she first entered the league, but the more and more she began to look like a man, her game started to fade, that said, I'd still take her over Teasley!!!

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That game was probably the most exciting game in the Palace this year. I forgot how satisfying it was to watch players really play their hearts out on the court. The hustle, the defensive lockdown, the storming of the paint. Awesome job ladies.

Hornbuckle is a warrior. The block from behind on Catchings in the beginning of the 3rd quarter was fantastic. Zellous has room to grow, but she's been solid. Nolan seems to have a nuclear reactor in her core, the way she keeps going.

I just wish that Braxton didn't dribble the ball every single friggin time she gets it down at the post. Sometimes you just catch and shoot dammit.

Anyways, they sent a message to everybody with that game "we are still the champions, and we ain't giving away our title for free". I can't wait until the next game tonight.

5. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

The NBATV feed is a crappy local Indy radio broadcast. WTF is this madness???

Are there no unbiased commentators available like the last game? Is this what the WNBA has come to? I mean come on. It's a playoff game!

6. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

I know what you mean. Only 20 more minutes and the Fever are history.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Big comeback at the end of the 1st. Shock need to break them early in the second half. Fever are fragile right now.

8. hlbimage

God damn it Hornbuckle :gun1:. Stop the turn over and make the open god damn lay up.

9. roscoe36

Home cooking now. Fever getting call after call.

10. hlbimage

no kidding, can you say "rig" ? :stirthepot:

First Hornbuckle missed a point blank lay up and now Ford. Can anyone make a point blank lay up on this team?

And now no one can make a 3. The Shock must have took like 10 shots at the 3 point line in the last 2 minutes. Looks like there's going to be a game 3.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Still out on vacation in AZ, so I missed tonights game....in reviewing the box score it looks like Cathings was living at the FT line and our ladies committed to many TO's (24) which the Fever turned into 28 pts. yikes!!

It's do or die for defending champs...does Mahorn dress his injured players on Sunday??

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dre they play Sat, it's a back to back. Seems like too many TO's and and the girls let the Fever live at the FT line. But if the ladies played that bad and only lost by 4, we should be able to take care of business. Win or Lose, these ladies have already shown incredible moxy!!!

13. roscoe36

I watched it. A heap of those 24 TOs were steals, mostly strips. I think Katie Douglas had 5 steals.

Shock made some mistakes, but the TOs killed them. The Fever got the home cooking whistle, and that was no help because they turned the defensive intensity up early.

Shock can win if they limit TOs and control tempo.

14. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

15. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

GO SHOCKS! C'mon LADIES!

16. hlbimage

Christ! That's like the 6th screw-up for Braxton and it isn't halftime yet. Will the real Braxton show up soon?

Make that 7th screw-up at 22th second.

Can a coach make a player to change back into street cloth because she's not going to be playing after halftime?

17. hlbimage

Well we lost, most of the blame goes to Hornbuckle and Braxton for those damn turnovers. Both of them owns 99% of it. And also Katie Smith for being injured. Where is Bill Laimbeer when you need him. He could have made some good trades instead we got Teasley and Kelly. WTH Malhorn?

Another disappointing basketball season in Detroit. Man we cannot catch a break.

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I think it was a great season for the Shock. They missed two AllNBA players and still only lost to a hometown ref and we had to listen to a home call game. Our team deserved better!
    IF the WNBA folds, they deserve it until they start acting like a pro organization.
    The Fever only shot free throws the entire quarter.
    And their old woman coach shot down The Shock in her interview...Low class.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Lin Dunn to coach the Pistons?

[​IMG]

She would command more respect than MC.

I guess I'll give Kuester a month. But if he isn't kicking some serious butt, then I'm going to start the Lin Dunn for coach movement.

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well I only saw the second half, and agree that the TO's was the one of the keys as to why Shock lost.....the Fever didn't win the game...the refs and Hornbuckle lost the game for the Shock... I saw three TO's by Hornbuckle in a 2 minute span in the 4th qtr. And that last loose ball foul called in the last minute where Sutton-Brown wasn't even touched was the clinching homer call to assure that Indiana got the W.

Not sure how bad Katie's back was, but she should have been dressed and could have made better decisions down the stretch than both of our future stars in Zellous and Hornbuckle, even if she played just in the 4th qtr.

Another incomplete season by a Detroit team, but you are right even with two superstars on the shelf, they still almost beat the Fever.

Good job ladies!!

Oh yeah, what did the fever coach say in the post game interview that was low class. I got up during the Holdsclaw/Kamler discussion and didn't see the trophy presentation.