1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

SHOCK IN PLAYOFFS ...AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Sep 11, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hope the new Pistons were taking lessons on how to utilize the Paint..talking about setting up the big [STRIKE]man[/STRIKE] girl!!

94-79 Shock!!! no contest in the 4th qtr....with Shavonte, who needs Swin or Cash...

Plenette look good out there but looks like her sitting the whole season has added some junk to her trunk...:)

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

:pound::pound::pound:Like Tweeny said "We KNOW HOW to win!"

NOW...GO HURONS!!!!!!!! hahahhahaa

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

:sweep:

Commanding start to the playoffs. Great job ladies!

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ahhh my sweet-Sweet P!! Z and Hornbuckle are the truth. Alexis came off of a NCAA championship and right into a WNBA championship, she had to step up her game during that college run when Parker hurt her shoulder and now she's stepping up in Katies absence, that girl has the heart of a champion. And Shevonte Zealous, in the words of Jay-Z, "What more can I say", she is a deadly scorer, what a weapon and one helluva a draft choice!

Yeah looking at the stats it seems as if there was some great interior passing going on, especially from Kara. Seems as if Sanni had a really good game tonight too.

I think that aggressive killer instinct that Z has is what Laim wanted, but never got from Swin. Swin is a great all around player, and is more of a gifted glue-girl, like a Tayshaun, she's at her best when she's playing off of All-Stars.

MmmHmmmm it's like Cambell's Soup Mmmmm-Mmmmm-Good!!!! Clawd-Ha'Mercy!!!!

5. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

and who drafted her? Bill Laimbeer that's who. lol

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

the same Laimbeer who's departure YOU said ruined this team that sucks?:stirthepot:

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Ouch...that's gotta hurt...:cold:

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We don't know that. What we do know is that he was the head coach when she was drafted, but we have no idea if he scouted and selected her, he wasn't the only person on the coaching staff.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Mahorn for coach of the Pistons!

10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

lol i was just thinking that yesterday... how long before the mahorn for piston headcoach posts started....

thanks now my weekend is complete :pound:

11. LA Dre

if the Shock come back and repeat, it will be Mahorn who will get the credit for the past two championships instead Laimbeer and he will get call for a NBA coaching faster than Bill did.

12. hlbimage

Mahorn for assistant coach of the Timberwolves, ooops that's job been taken. :pound:

13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

ECF 1st game info

The Shock will continue their title defense tomorrow at the Palace against top seeded Indiana Fever.
    Catch the action on ESPN2 starting at 8pm Eastern.

Detroit lost the season series 1-3 to Indiana this year, but they eliminated Indiana from the playoffs in each of the past 3 seasons.

WNBA.com: Series Preview: Indiana Fever vs. Detroit Shock

The key is to stop Tamika who averaged the following against Washington:
    Tamika Catchings, F, Fever
    25.0 PPG, 14.0 RPG, 4.0 APG

Indiana is a tough team, and without Katie AND Pierson it's an uphill battle. But I have faith in these ladies.

Go SHOCK!

14. hlbimage

I'll be front and center near my tv set tonight. The Shock should win it all because they have been on a roll lately in the wins column.

15. hlbimage

wow, unbelievable game so far. The Fever doesn't look that tough against our girls.

16. LA Dre

No contest in the second half as the Shock poured it on winning going away 72-56. Pressure on Fever now as these funky schedules give the lower seeded teams a chance to win at home forcing the best team win the remaining games at home.

Zellous is the real deal folks...but if we advance past the Fever, either Katie or Plenette will have to at least dress and be available...I am not sure if Tweety will survive if they go the distance...

Go ladies!!!!

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

That may be true on the scheduling Dre but guess what? WE were the Game 2 home team three years in a row and it didnt STOP US!! hahhaha

We just some baaaddddddd mamajammas!! PP looking sharp again with another nice rear shot from the camera man.

Maybe its just me...But Katie being hurt MAY be The Lou Gehrig moment of the year..Go Z!!!!! She's faster , a better defender and can get to the hole. Now Katie can retire in peace as the deserving Hall of Famer she is.

GO SHOCK!

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Great game last night, I'm still high as a kite off of it, I'm really taking the time to appreciate and treasure what these ladies are doing, something I probably should've done with their male counterparts.

Zellous and Hornbuckle are AWESOME. The only problem I see with Zellous is that [sarcasm]she needs more confidence[/sarcasm]. Hornbuckle is a warrior, a real champion. Tweety, well there aren't enough adjectives. The bigs finally became productive as the game went along, but the lack of athleticism from our power frontcourt players worries me, this is why we really miss Sweet P.
    In my best Smoky from Friday voice: And you KNOW this... MAAAAN!!!!

In My best Tyler Perry/Madea voice: Halle-Lou-Yerrr. Somebody say Amen. Make me wanna put 'er on a plate n' sop 'er up wit' a biscuit!

Yes and No. Zellous makes the reality of losing Katie Smith eventually to retirement an easier pill to swallow, but right now we really need Katie, Teasley is Michael Curry-2.0, and the only reason she plays is because Katie is hurt. Could you imagine if we had Katie balling and then bring Shavonte of the bench? We'd be unstoppable!!

19. LA Dre

Agree...Teasley is just taking up space with the occasional brilliant play. Katie might bring some rust if she plays, but I would rather have her dressed just in case we need the three ball in the next round ....if they make it that far (thinking positively of course) Also just having her or PP dressed as I mentioned before does do a psych job on the other team as they have to decide/plan/wonder how to defend them.

20. hlbimage

Hands of Teasley, she's there to warm up the team at the beginning of the first and third quarter so that they can get into some kind of a rhythm before Shavonte Zellous come in and raises hell, Mahorn said so last night in an interview I think. Plus Teasley does okay. She's been fine. I just wish we see Crystal Kelly plays more, she's so cute with her round cheeks. She's finally on a team that's winning.