1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

SHOCK IN PLAYOFFS ...AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Great comeback win last night. Braxton has been putting up some great numbers lately. And Zelly should win ROY in my opinion.

While Ford may not be as explosive as she once was, she does make a big difference. She led the team with +18 in the +/- category last night.

If Nolan is ok after that nasty fall, they can wrap this up on Friday. I hope they do that, because this team can use the rest before facing Indiana.

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Angel McCoughery & Dawanna Bonner are a little more deservant, but Zealous (please, let's not call her Zelly, we already have/had a Zelly) may be the steal of the draft considering where we were drafting from.

3. hlbimage

hlbimage First Round Draft Pick

Agree, not everytime numero uno is the best. Case in point a guy name Darko :pound:

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Since I DVRd the game, I didnt post or reply last night. Its so good being able to FFWD on command. So, I went straight to the 17-0 run. Its amazing how this team(organization) was built in the image of the Bad Boys. I still remember a game at Seattle when The BB's trailed by 25 at the half and won by 11!!!!! This team has truly been an honor to watch the last 6 years. We may not win this year but its good to get Z and Hornbuckle playoff expirience in the trenches.
    If there IS a WNBA next year, A healthy PP and Ford (she still looks like she's in the mud) will be our 4th WNBA championship.

Last Night was my Championship. They have nothing else to prove to me.

Loves ya, SHOCK! .........not Shocks!!:MusicBigGrin:

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

\\

Funny Post, KG! :) ...(hey Fear the REaper is on! One second while I find my cowbell!) OK, Im back...

PP did look nice last night, but I've seen my Top 10 in sexy apparel as well, so she is still 3rd string, at best.
    Kara B is 6'6" and 200 lbs of joy. I HAVE seen her up close and in person and "BUNdles of FUNdles" is how I'd describe her. Great smile and Teddy bear eyes. "Grrrrrr..."
    When Cheryl is dressed up, she is 3rd team material...I just cant seem to not picture 'The Mailman' when I see her...>issues<
    Even katie made me say, Hmmmm...LOL

But I will say this...there are numerous "Movie Stars Without Makeup" websites out there and most of these WNBA or other female sports that CAN hang with the best of them! BEcause WE KNOW what they look like without makeup and they STILL look good.

I love Cameron Diaz..but w/out makeup?? OH Mien Gott!!!!!

6. Walter

I'd take *almost* any WNBA player over Cameron Diaz.

7. Walter

This first round format is goofy. It sort of favors the lower seed a bit. You get home court advantage and you start on the road. You lose that and you're facing elimination on your first game at home. That's strange. It's all because of this stupid 3-game format. They should really have at least 5-games.

It's great for the Shock, but not for the Storm who is the second WNBA team I'm rooting for. Bird went cold and now they're one Lisa Leslie heroic away from their 5th 1st round exit in a row.

BTW, I'm rooting for Storm because that's the only pro basketball team we have left in this town.
    :gun1:Dam you Bennett!

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

They really have been, and it was cool that their run coincided with the The Pistons. But if the fellas had as much mettle as the ladies they would've won multiple championships too.

I feel EXACTLY the same way!

I know what you mean. She reminds me of that picture in art class that we used to stare at, you know the one where at first it looks like two people face to face, then after you keep staring it looks like 2 wine goblets, then 2 faces and so on and so on. Cheryl is the same way, 1 minute I see a foxy chocolate mama, then I see Karl, foxy mama-Karl, foxy mama - Karl.....ugggghh!!![/quote]

The 3 game format isn't bad, it's just the owners are too cheap to pay for an extra flight, it should be: Home-Away-Home, not: Away-Home-Home.

9. hlbimage

I just notice something, game 2 against the Dream is on NBA TV. Well I don't have NBA tv, what the heck? I guess I have to look at the front page on WNBA.com for the scores unless someone is going to put up the game on justin.tv

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Call your local cable provider and get in their butts. How neanderthal must they be ? I live in Hicktown USA and I have NBA TV, YES NETWORK, NHL TV, and the TENNIS Channel.

11. Walter

1st quarter was competitive. Shock ahead 23-19. Tweety has 8 pts (3/8 shooting) and 3 assists so far. Seems like she's ok after that fall on Wednesday.

Let's finish this up today gals! GO SHOCK!

12. hlbimage

That's a great sign of relief. I'm glad I was wrong that something terrible was going to happen to Nolan after that breakdown late on Wednesday's game. I'm following the score on wnba.com because I don't have stupid nba tv channel.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

shock committing to many turnovers.(16)..otherwise they could be winning this game going away..instead the game is to close with the Dream holding a 46-45 halftime lead...

14. LA Dre

Not sure if she has an eye condition or not, but I know for certain I would lose a stare down contest with Nicki Teasley:sssh:

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I was a Teasley fan in College but she has been a TERRIBLE pro. I call her the 'Isaih Rider' of the WNBA. Wasted talent.

makes u appreciate Katie Smith EVERY time I see Teasley on the court.

BTW, Atlanta fans suck in every sport there is...Why do they even HAVE a team there?
    Its more people in my living room RIGHT NOW, than are at that game.

16. hlbimage

Not cool dude, not cool at all. We all know the numbers in attendance but let's not bash them. I don't want the WNBA to go away like the ladies soccer a few years back.

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Not bash who? Aint nobody from the WNBA listening to me!! hahhahaha
    Just chill....:pound:
    BTW, I AM Sports history...so when I SPEAK..just LEARN>>>

Im not OLDSKOOL for nothin! Wink!

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

BTW....i may have underestimated Pleanette's appearance BUT NOT her wardrobe!! DAYUM, Z and Hornbuckle! Told yall about these young ladies!! LOL

84-68, Shock lead, 4:oo left

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and werent YOU the one who started the SHOCKS SUCKS THREAD??

I'd sit back and just enjoy the ride if i was u...wink!!:MusicBigGrin:

20. LA Dre

:good::lecturer::whoo::bounce: