1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Shaq out 4-6 weeks from knee surgery

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dumars4Ever, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Being reported now on ESPN.

2. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Man, I wonder how much Shaq has left in him. He's pretty old in basketball years, especially since he is so big.

3. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

ESPN has an article posted.

I don't know a lot about this type of injury, but it sounds like it can be pretty bad. Shaq's huge, he's 34 years old, he's played a ton of games in his career, and he has not been very durable the last few seasons. You have to wonder how far he will come back at this point.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well doesn't look like there will be a repeat champion this year either. Even when Shaq returns he will milk the rehab all season. :crutch:

5. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Now that's one serious injury- I've had the same and I'm still recovering from it (it takes about 3-6 months). European soccer player Eto'o also had this injury and he was out for 3 months- so I wonder how fat Shaq can be out for only 4-6 weeks? That could only be if the Doc removes the entire meniscus or the torn part- but this would cause an Osteoarthritis in his knee very soon and Shaq would have a pretty hard time only walking when he's about 50, maybe even having to replace his entire knee by an artificial one because there is no real chance to heal Osteoarthritis. This sport is truly destroying people.
    Did anyone notice that Wade is playing worse when Shaq's not around?

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well naturally. that's like amare stoudemire (when healthy) relying on lot on steve nash. in his rookie season the suns came to the palace, and nash wasn't playing, and stoudemire had a terrible game and we dominated.

7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah, but this isn't like a natural law- there are also some players step put up awesome numbers when their co- star isn't around (remember Pippen without Jordan). But Wade isn't the same without the big fella in the zone.

8. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Even with a healthy Shaq, they will not repeat. Shaq, Mourning and Payton are getting old and Wade is getting more big headed.

If the 2004 Pistons Championship was a fluke (so said non Pistons fan) which is not cuz we managed to play a Game 7 in the 2005 Finals and own the best record with 64 wins in 2006, the 2006 Heat Championship was a TOTAL FLUKE.

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Yep, I agree folks on all fronts. Shaq is done. What a great career he had. 4-2 in the Finals, 3 Finals MVP`S, that`s not to shabby.

The Miami Heat`s fall has begun, Wade is a very good player without Shaq, however, he will not be the Wade we have seen with Shaq. Coming off his injury Shaq will not be a factor as a decoy, IMO, he will come back tipping the scales at about 385 LBS...........:eyebrows:

Antoine will not be so alone to hit those 3`s (I may have to put him on the block on my fantasy team, any takers?) GP,will have full blown Alzhiemers soon, Alonzo just cant go too long because of his issues, and white chocalate has melted to an injury proned mess........

Damn, they may be in worse shape that the Pistons, maybe not that bad.