Shabazz Muhammad?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Time to part with the bowling ball.
    S.J. likes this.
  2. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

The bandwagon for Stuckey is really a meat wagon......only thing following is a bunch of dogs.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Enough Joe bashing. Come on now.
  4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think he was bashing you, TaS. Plus, I think Nemo just called you a dog. Are you going to take that crap? :6shoot:
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If it ain't ruff it ain't right.
    Ernie the Slow Adult and linwood like this.
  6. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Of course, the team went 1-8 over that stretch, but at least he's getting his.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Keep in mind that he didn't have Daye on the team during that stretch.
    linwood likes this.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think you are trying to blame Stuckey for not winning, despite the fact that there is a clear agenda from the clueless coach.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Bench combo guards are usually measured in W's and L's.
  10. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Apparantly they are usually measured by the absurdity of their contract - the more absurd, the worse they are.

Rodney Stuckey is the Rashard Lewis of combo guards.
  11. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

To me, it's the comparison of negatives..

If we don't get a shot at McLemore or Smart..

1) O. Porter. I don't get the board's obsession with O. Porter. His scouting report reads like "Tayshaun Prince.. who can't shoot or handle the ball. But who is just as weak and passive." No thanks. Weren't we all just desperate to get rid of Tayshaun a month or two ago??
    2) V. Oladipo. Dude's a shut-down two-guard in the league, at best. Nothing more. He can't shoot and he's never going to be able to. Most NBA two-guards are about as athletic at him ~ so he's not going to stand out because of that. Shut-down guards his size are great, but not this high in the draft.

Shabazz has issues. But he's got great NBA size and length for a 2 or a 3. He's got tremendous NBA athleticism for those positions (i.e. defense). And he's got all the skills to become an offensive juggernaut; an NBA All-Star. Sort of reminds me of this draft's Andre Drummond. Over-analyzed to a fault, and thus, underrated.

...The Greek wing, Adetokoubo, intrigues me.
  12. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

If you could put prince in his prime on this team, you do it. They moved prince in order to create opportunities. This team's spirit and leadership needs to come from Monroe and knight and whoever else they pick up. Tay is a champion, a veteran, an Olympian and he can fit a weeks change of clothes into a very small suitcase. He has clout and a measure of authority. Now that he is gone the keys are handed to the younger dudes to make something. Pass on porter if you think others fit better here but not because his build/game is similar. Prince's game is not why we moved him and porter is not prince any more than Daye was.
    linwood and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  13. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Prince is a fantastic player, and a Detroit icon. His number should be retired here.

I'd pass on Porter because he doesn't have Prince game. He lacks the same IQ and isn't a spaghetti armed defender.

Oladipo is an incredible athlete with huge motor. He does have some offensive game, but he can really defend. His lateral is great and he doesn't need to gamble because he is smart. When he can gamble (with 40 inch vert drummond behind him) he could be even better.

Shabazz is not 'underrated'. He can't steal, plays laughable defense, and expects to be the best. Offensively he is grand, at getting to the rim and catch and shoots. Pull up jumpers? Rubbish. So he has a similar skill set to Rodney Stuckey. Well thats fantastic, but we already have the prototype and we don't need another.
    Slippy likes this.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I wouldn't judge someone against Prince. We had no idea how good Prince would be in 2003. Comparing these kids to franchise icons at the end of their career is never going to be very objective.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I still laugh at most of you cats because you continue to measure a college player against vet NBA players. If Otto Porter were of a darker hue there would be no Tayshaun Prince comparisons.
  16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, it's almost like comparing Burke to Chris Paul.
    The Panda, kpaav, linwood and 2 others like this.
  17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

We're NBA fans posting on an NBA forum about potential draft picks that might be a fit on our NBA team.
    It's kinda hard to not compare the skill set of prospect to that of guys who are already in the league.
    I'm not saying that it's right; ...I'm juist saying that it's natural.

...And I'm not sure where in the heck you're coming from regarding Otto's "hue".

I cut and pasted the following from Porter's NBA Draft.net page.
    These comparisons are in bold print at the top and basically serve as defacto 'headlines' for the player breakdowns on the sites.
  18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I know for me when I compare Burke to Paul I'm comparing the current Burke to the Paul I remember playing in college, Burke could be the next superstar PG in the league, or he could be the next Stuckey (Remember he was part of the Olympic select team and we were actually wondering if he was better then Rose?)

Some of the comparisons the websites make I can see, but some of them they are reaching... We have to compare him to somebody so lets reach for one. I'd much rather they just say their strengths and weaknesses unless you actually go ohhh he reminds me of X.
  19. Slippy

Chris Paul had similar doubts from some people who immediately ate crow. Its just part of getting caught up in predicting anything. We believe that enough data points will allow us to see the future. Its a great myth to be a part of.
    linwood likes this.
  20. Slippy

They should retire the core of the GTW era. Now that we are the Clippers of the 2010's, we can appreciate winning and stop criticize those guys for falling short the second time.