1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Second round series

Discussion in '2017 Playoffs' started by Walter, May 1, 2017.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Well, the first round ended up being better than expected.
    4/4 in the west and 3/4 in the east. Those darn Bucks. They really did disappoint for being the best team in the universe.

Second round should be a lot of fun. Best series to watch is gonna be SAS-Houston. Spurs should prevail in that one.

Utah-GSW should be entertaining as well, but I don't see Utah taking more than one game from GSW.

On the east, I have Cleveland and Boston meeting in the Final.

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Picking all the top seeds. Perhaps you should tell us how many games each series will last to make it more interesting.

Wonder if the Jazz (or their fans) will take this to heart. Warriors wanted Clippers: 'No nightlife in Utah'

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I disagree with the Warriors. There is a treasure trove of nightlife in Utah, but not in the city.

[​IMG]

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I always feel like everyone is judging me whenever I'm in Salt Lake.

Mogilny, roscoe36 and basketbills like this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I don't think San Antonio makes it past Houston. Aldridge has basically not turned up for the playoffs and they desperately need his firepower. Parker has declined significantly and Kawhi - good as he is - cannot carry the team.

roscoe36 and basketbills like this.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We pass out your posts to the locals ahead of time.

Mogilny, junior, BillLaimbeer and 2 others like this.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Only men of wisdom and refined tastes can enjoy such things.

That stormcloud over your head probably makes you stand out. :rain:

I dunno, Andre Drummond carries our team, and Kawhi is almost as good as him.

reggieballer

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It definitely has a strange vibe. I was last there in 2000, so maybe it has changed. But back then, my impression of it was that it was like the Twilight Zone. Everything was so clean and there were lots of families in their Sunday bests walking down the street holding hands. There wasn't anything sinister about it, but it was easy to feel like an outsider. I also remember something about ordering a coke and someone said something about the caffeine.

9. Walter

Whoa, Houston made Spurs look like the Pistons in that game 1. Wonder if they can bounce back.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. Walter

Playing it safe. ;-)

Here's my predictions:
    BOS - WAS : 4-2
    CLE - TOR : 4-0
    SAS - HOU : 4-3
    GSW - UTA : 4-2

SirKeeper and roscoe36 like this.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I call Kawhi Bounce.

basketbills, Mogilny, junior and 4 others like this.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Wizards could be up 3-0 if they could have held on to those big first quarter leads in Boston. Tonight at home they put together a 22-0 run after the two teams tied at 12 and never looked back.

Even though the Spurs are an excellent team, I truly expected the Rockets to blitz the Spurs in game 2 also. Now that Tony Parker is gone for the season, I do expect the Rockets to prevail in the series....4-1 or 4-2.

Don't think Toronto will get a game in their series unless it is game 3.

The Jazz might win a game but doubt it. As long as Durant get comfortable and Draymond dominates on both ends it will probably be a sweep....they just can't let up when they thin they have already won.

Speaking of Draymond Green, he would given the Piston 10 more victories at power point forward. He would have made Dre better, ...he would have been basically our all star superstar..with Dre and Reggie as role players... He thought about coming home for just a second, but we could not have paid what the Warriors could have given him back in 2015 and our fast fade at the end of the 14-15 term didn't look promising for a guy who had just won a ring....

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Wouldn't it be amazing if we could construct an entire roster around making Dre a better player? We could rename the team the Detroit Drummonds.

14. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Doris Burke may be my favorite color commentator.

15. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

roscoe36 and basketbills like this.
  16. Walter

roscoe36, C-Bill and Mogilny like this.
  17. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Wow, what a difference some games make. Parker no longer playing, so no problem there, Aldridge looks all world in game 3, while guys like Gasol and Green - and Lee, are all helping out in the scoring department.

And regardless of who plays for SA, they got a certified fantastic coach - who makes all his players better collectively as a team.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I found myself rooting for Washington to beat Boston, as Amir is not playing for Boston. (while a brother of one of the Pistons is on the Washington squad.) Still got to admire how well Thomas plays sometimes. But its just annoying when you are rooting against him.

The Houston - SA series is interesting, but the last two, Cleveland one and GS one, don't look too competitive. Still pacing away. Pacing lately to the Netflix series "Jericho" more than anything else of late. Tennis has been just a once a week thing these past two weeks due to bad weather.

The past two nights, I have watched the games the same night they took place, after falling behind several days, again. Looks like it will be getting quite easy to keep up, as two of the series most likely will be sweeps.

SirKeeper and roscoe36 like this.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Rockets crashed and burned faster than the Clippers did... I mean how can you get beaten by almost 40 points on your home floor when the other teams' floor general and MVP candidate are both absent from the bench? Although the Clippers lost Griffin for the last 5 games, they still had enough fire power to win at least 2 of those last 3 games with Hayward out one and Gobert out three, but neither team seem to take advantage of it as both got out coached in the end had a couple chokers in harden and JJ Reddick.

The Rockets should have won game 5 in regulation before Leonard went down, but the Rocket meltdown started when they Harden started holding on the ball and shooting with no time on the clock or throwing it away on his way to the hoop. There was no need to take 47 threes in a tight game. Tonight they took 40 threes....
    [​IMG]

Although I don't like Pop's method of resting players on the road, I hope other coaches learn their lesson that you at least give your bench enough PT, especially the 3rd stringers by going 10-11 deep so that they can step in when your front line/starters go down.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    roscoe36, TaS and Walter like this.