SanAntonio Feb 14 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by max, Feb 8, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good points Tashawn...

as far as your boy, Tay, I don't recall who was checking him. He was 1-8 shooting, and I remember at least 5 outside jumpers including at least 2 from beyond the arc. He was blocked once under the basket.
  2. max

max All-Star

Good opportunity to use this loss as good practice in not making any generalizations about our team over the long break. It was only one loss and the Pistons have managed to gain the only respectable record in the East at 32-19. If you want hoplessness then try visiting the Celtics board.

I think the appropriate word is San was struggling. They blew the doors off NJ the night before and I don't why this is but teams sometimes carry that momentum over into the next game of a back-back. I think San shot near 60% in the 1st half seemingly making almost everything at times.

It would have been nice if the Pistons had matched some of that, for some reason most of the team was already in vacation mode. At least the Pistons came back and made the game respectable. I felt as though we would have won if there was a 5th quarter. But there isn't and the Pistons could not get it done last night. No big deal, we will get another shot at the Spurs later in the season.

After the break we have Milw and a home-home against the Magic. Should be pretty good wins.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The day after...

Man, what a lousy way to send us off to All-Star weekend.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm glad we lost this game, but i'm not glad i had to waste my time and money at the palace heh. too bad no one is buying tickets this year. i'm glad we lost because now we won't go into the all-star break getting accolades by the media and everyone else. we need reality checks from time to time, which we never got last year during the regular season.

i take nothing from this game, good or bad. simply put, this one was mailed in after 3 minutes. we got good looks early, tay just messed up and couldn't finish, and overall led to a terrible game. i'm glad flip kept delfino in so long, and i wish he woulda kept him in there the remainder of the 4th quarter. lindsey and delfino were by far our two best players on the court.

the most accurate way to describe this game was that SA treated it like a playoff game, and Detroit treated it like a preseason game. or, when you have a practiced team playing against a pick-up team. even the atmosphere was like a preseason game.

there was horrible traffic and everyone showed up late. tons of guys brought their gf's and were more worried about getting them drinks than cheering (actually the women were louder than the men by far). i could have had a conversation with someone across the arena, and i could hear the hecklers courtside and actually make out what they were saying. there were 2 marriage proposals, the halftime entertainment consisted of 15 guys shooting a halfcourt shot, and mason wasn't even there to announce. at the start of the 4th quarter, there was one lower bowl section that had 30 out of 126 seats filled.

both the fans and players couldn't have cared less. even worse, the only women left at the end of the game were not attractive (all the good-looking ones had left with their dates by this point), and my buddy refused to go to captain's quarters to hang out with automotion (booo).

and there were definitely a few insanely hot ladies there who must've been paid pretty well to attend, if you know what i mean. :)
  5. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Bowen was checking Rip the whole game leaving Barry on Tay.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ouch. 2 points with Barry guarding him?

Not a good statement to make the game before the all-star break from a guy who many thought was on the verge of becoming an all-star.

I guess Duncan must have scared him out of the paint. Tay is usually good for a couple tip-ins/ dunks per game.
  7. max

max All-Star

Warthog - Hey it was still a sellout. Sellout of what I don't know but thats what they are claiming and claim every game.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's really curious because they must be taking a beating on concession sales with the lower attendance. I wonder how much of a bump their advertising rates receive when they claim they are in a sellout streak.
  9. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm just blown away by the fact that Hunter was one of the only guys who actually played well and yet Lee still found a way to blame this loss on Lindsey.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was easily Hunter's best game of the year. But the reason that I say that is probably because he happened to hit his shots. If he missed them, nobody would have been too impressed. His defensive effort is always there though. He becomes really effective when others ratchet up the defensive intesity as well. Last night, the other 4 guys were also doing some major harrassing during the comeback.

If Lindsey is the only one playing hard, the other team can easily just avoid him.
  11. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Tay got called out in the ESPN Daily Dime this morning. Oops.

[​IMG]
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah, it was a good ole fashioned beat down. I guess T Parker is out of Pops doghouse.
    Maybe we learned something about how not to play Spurs.
    Save it for the playoffs.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Lee's the kind of guy that would blame the country's growing obesity problem on little 7 year old girls selling girl scout cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:stirthepot:
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

They showed a guy proposing to a girl on the jumbotron, but I swear it didnt look like she accepted. She never took the ring and she looked shocked. Eventually, the guy just left the ring on her lap before the camera cut away. Did u see that?:pound:
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

IF HE MISSED THEM,NO one would be impressed? Duhh? I saw Micheal Jordan score 55 pts in mSG in his 4th game back from retirement. If he missed all his shots, I wouldnt have been impressed either......sheeeesh!
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Pops vs Dolphin? N-C!!!...,,,,NOOO CHANCE....hmm, I wonder what CB and Sheed was saying to POPS after the game?...:sssh:
  17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

haha actually neither girl looked like she necessarily said yes. one mouthed it but it didn't look sincere, the other one had her head in her hands for a really long time. they both let the guys put on rings, but i bet at least 1 of those couples isn't lasting the weekend haha.
  18. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Well, he DID have the worst +/- on the team for the game at -11. He hit his shots that he usually misses, but still couldn't get the offense going. What's a PG for if he can't make his teammates better? He's not going to shut a team down on his own, and an offense is too reliant on a PG to have one that rarely makes plays offensively. Not that you can blame this particular game on him, but it's obvious he still needs to be replaced. I could deal with the horrid shooting percentage. I could deal with his awful fast-break. But I can't deal with a PG that can't initiate a halfcourt offense. The negatives just outweigh the positives way too much.
  19. max

max All-Star

I think its one of those things where to the guy proposing at the Palace in front of thousands of fans seems like a great idea but not to the girl.
  20. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You can see her point.