1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

SanAntonio Feb 14 7:30PM

Discussion in 'February 2007' started by max, Feb 8, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

SanAntonio Feb 14 7:30PM

tv: tv20

1st meeting of the year. Pistons won both games last season by wide margins.
    Also, last game before the All-Star break.

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is the one I've been waiting for...
    A perfect matchup before the allstar break... giving Joe all the data he needs prior to the deadline...
    Can we beat the elite West teams with the new look.
    Can we defend the Spurs slashers and T.D.'s inside out game.

This is gonna be very entertaining.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Gotta enjoy this one. It's our last game for nearly a week!

It looks like the Pistons have reloaded with Webber, and the Spurs are still searching for defensive consistency and a set rotation. What a difference two seasons makes.

I have a feeling this will be a payback game for Tayshaun. Webber frees him up on the baseline from double teams, and neither Manu or Finley will be able to contain him.

I hope Delfino has a huge game against his pals Oberto and Ginobili. It would be fun to see JMax eat up Horry, Bowen and Duncan.

4. roscoe36

SPURS: Spurs Acquire Melvin Ely

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

"It would be fun to see JMax eat up Horry, Bowen and Duncan."
    Get real or Dream on.
    Parker can't seem to please Pop. He's either to fast for his teammates or out of sync in some way.
    Let's do these cats.
    Ps 95
    BSAs 89

6. max

max All-Star

I give the edge to the Pistons here. Hard to say how SAN will respond after their big win over the Nets and I am not sure how they are on back-backs. They have incentive to get this win so they can come home salvaging a 3-2 record on this East coast swing.

SAN has had a problem winning at the Palace lately. Their last win here was back in the 05 Finals when Horry hit the game winning 3.

Pistons have been trouncing everyone lately so hopefully that will continue going into the break. For the sake of the Forum I sure hope the Pistons win or its going to be a very long weekend around here.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I caught a couple of minutes of the talking heads on ESPN last night diagnosing the woes of the Spurs. Bottom line - the Spurs miss the defensive dominance they had with Mohammed and Nesterovic. Oberto and Elson just don't supply the same toughness inside.

Or not.

8. roscoe36

Far be it for me to question Pop, but I think he made a BIG mistake letting Rasho go for Eric Williams and Matt Bonner. Timmy needs a slow moving stiff next to him to provide some backup around the rim.

Despite the failings of Nesterovic and Mohammed, Elson is not as good as either of them, and Oberto doesn't have a lot of chemistry with Duncan.

The Spurs are getting old fast. The Pistons face similar prospects next year if Dice and Hunter return.

9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Seems to me Oberto needs the ball to be all that effective and there is a long list of guys in front of him assuming some of them can break the 40% shooting mark.

Elson has the potential to anchor that defense and actually move around the court some (e.g., the anti-Rasho). Unfortunately he has been hurt and even worse, it's not potential the Spurs need right now.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Manu comes off the bench. I want to see him and Delfino matched up. Hopefully both C-Webb and Sheed have their game on and get TD in foul trouble. Chauncey should dominate Parker, but Pistons have to stop dribble penetration or SA wins.

11. DetroitBasketball

DetroitBasketball First Round Draft Pick

I think the Pistons will win this one. San Antonio is struggling this season and I hope the Pistons go into all-star weekend with a 8 game winning streak and not a loss.

12. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I hope the pistons get up and play hard knowing they can rest easy right after.

13. roscoe36

I'm hoping for a tooth and nails battle with no injuries to either side.

This is one of our few decent rivalries. Let's see a rivalry game!

14. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I will say this again, the zone has been working at times, let`s see what it can do against the lightning quick Tony Parker and the slashing Ginobili.

15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I was going to say this too.... this is the ultimate test for our perimeter and help D... it could get ugly at times.

16. roscoe36

17. roscoe36

Kudos to Tayshaun Prince for finding a way to hide in front of 22,000 people. He has 1 rebound to show for 15 minutes of court time.

18. 4cwebb

4cwebb First Round Draft Pick

Wow, what an whooping the Pistons endured that first 24 minutes. If they shoot like this the rest of the game, they'll be lucky to score 60 points. Thank goodness Rip and Lindsey (of all people) hit some shots, or this would be a complete debacle.

Hopefully the Spurs cool off in the 3rd quarter and the Pistons can cut the lead to below 10 (if they can hit some shots).

19. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

An entertaining first half. Nobody except Lindsey Hunter has done anything for Detroit, but you have to give the Spurs credit for just being a better team.

Edit: "anything" probably goes too far. Rip's shot well and Tayshaun is making a difference on defense for once and working hard on the offensive glass.

20. 4cwebb

4cwebb First Round Draft Pick

Both Tay and Delfino will need to get out of the 0-fer category in the second half for the Pistons to have any chance. I also would've liked to see Sheed get some free throw attempts to go with his 9 first half shot attempts.

Spurs are going to be in a battle to be in the top 4 out West. I'd like to see the Pistons compete in the second half just for the sake of it.