San Antonio Spurs Feb. 19th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 9, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Is there something wrong with Stuck?

What was that conversation that they showed him having with Curry, where he told Stuckey "that's OK, we'll just put you out there for 3-4 minutes bursts then."

Did I imagine that?

It made it sound like Stuck was injured, sick, or something was wrong with him. 1 basket for a guy like Stukey is not right.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The Pistons will not be in the playoff picture two weeks from today. Book it. Not unless Curry gets fired, or realizes he can't get away with pairing Sheed and Dyess.
  3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

3 field goal attempts is not right either. He just doesn't have any plays run for him anymore and he didn't even have the ball in his hands at all in the second half.
  4. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Hard to win in the NBA when you don't have 3 point shooting on your squad. The Spurs had like 5 or 6 more threes than the Pistons. The Pistons had two in all. When one team gets two at a time and the other sometimes three the math catches up with you. Teams have no fear of our outside shooting and all they have to do now is make sure they get up on Sheed.
  5. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

Rodney didn't actually have plays called for him before. He was simply breaking off the "plays" that were called. If Richard didn't get open soon enough, he was off to the basket. Most of his jumpers came off of kickouts from Allen.

Something is most likely physically wrong with him, but he has also hit a wall. Hopefully, not his ceiling.
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

sAGER DID ASK HIM IN A COURT INTERVIEW.

Curry's reply?

"Webuh gonnabuh be offbuh til Sundaybuh, Craigbuh!"
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey told him his legs were heavy. He's been training with Tay apparently. How old is this kid? It should be fun to see how long people will try and stretch out his "rookie" season to justify this though.

That last play must have been called Sheed Hit the Shot because there didn't seem to be any other options. That was good for a laugh at least.

I wasn't sure if that was Curry they interviewed at the start of the 4th or if Tommy Hearns staggered out of the crowd accidentally. San Antonio good!

This sucks because I can't get excited if they win but I'm miserable if they lose. Ernie not good!
  8. max

max All-Star

Thats so mean its actually funny.

For me - its kind of hard watching guys that I know will not be on the team next year. Crunch-time AI, Sheed and Dyess - gone, gone and gone. Who knows if Tay or Rip will even be traded. Prince appears to be taking after Curry a bit lately in the stats department.

Normally this would not have been that bad of a loss if the team was getting better. You know young guys who will be part of the future getting key playing time and learning from this.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

But Curry said that Stuckey was calling 75% of the plays. So, if he wasn't calling plays for himself, then that is his fault.
  10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Not a good sign. Expectations for this young man is way out of proportion to aged reality.
  11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey will not display any progress for the rest of the year. And that sucks. Not with this idiot at the helm.

AI got 28 shots. Our other main 3 perimeter guys got 23 shots.

And I can't believe that there are people that still like Rasheed Wallace. Sheed is just done. He's a role player at this point in his career and is being treated like he's something more. There is nothing blue collar about the guy, other than looking like he is. Rasheeda (thanks HQ) sucks.

And Stuckey has hit the Great Wall of China. And he won’t break past it until Mr. Iverson is off this team.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The good thing about Stuckey is that our expectations of him were spawned from his actual play and not from hype.

So, there is good reason to believe that his we are just seeing a natural slump here and not some tectonic shift for the worse. He might just be hitting the wall that rookies hit when they play 50+ games as a starter.
  13. The Palace Artest

But he ain't a rookie; that's what i'm not following. By the time we were eliminated he was closing in on around 80 games anyway.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He was a backup.

The guys that hit the wall are typically high draft picks that go to weak teams and get major starting minutes.

Stuck's body is feeling the effects of consistent, heavy minutes.
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

THANK YOU, TPA..AND WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE..MOOOHAHAHHAAAAMOOHAHHAHAHHA
    U ARE HENCE KNOWN AS.......DARTH PALACE!!!:deathstar1:
  16. The Palace Artest

It's OK. I like the dark.:darthvader:
  17. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

not mentioning lot of issues during the game, i liked the fourth quater. But why AI stop slashing to the rim the last few games? and what play is that giving the ball to Rasheed 18 ft away covered with Tim is tht play?
  18. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

Pistons' season destined for the scrap heap | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Wow.
  19. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

The only thing that they could say is "We have a moron as our coach", but they know we all think the same, so they did not bother.
  20. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rasheed's missed jumper with 10 seconds left when we were down by 1 had me scratching my head. Surely that wasn't the play they drew up? An 18 foot step back jumper off the dribble from your 5 man with Tim Duncan in his face?

“We had Rasheed with a good look at a 17-footer in a one-point game,” Curry said. “That’s what you want.”

Is it just? If that's the case then maybe everything I've ever learnt from basketball up until this point in my life has been plain incorrect.