1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

San Antonio Oct. 14th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'October 2008' started by Dlev59, Oct 12, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well, that was discouraging. Guess it's a good thing we didn't trade Chauncey.

2. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

I think Acker should be 12th man, with Samb, Bynum, Sharpe getting some burn in the d league. They all need major minutes against non-collegiate talent, where as Acker is servicable now.

Samb should be 12th man, but he still needs more minutes than he will get on the team. Bynum is good enough to be a backup, but with so many good guards on our team, he may as well go and get better even and be ready to be #2 when Billups is gone. Sharpe just plain needs more time to show his potential.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good thing no regular season games are played in Grand Rapids...As it is obvious they couldn't see the hoops or the rims were unfriendly.

27% shooting??:brick::brick:
    Sheed 0-7
    Stuckey 1-9
    Kwame 1-5
    Acker 1-5
    Max 0-2
    Samb 0-3

Looks even worse when write that six players missed 28 out of 31 shots.. to much one on one tonight??

4. LA Dre

Did I hear or read that no one was going to the D league this year as Joe and Curry wants them all there on the A team to be involved in all practices??

5. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

This game flat out sucked from the beginning!! And did anyone notice that Max didn't play until the 2nd half of the game?! Wassup with that??

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

From what i saw it just looked like hesitation or confusion. I turned it off after halftime, and started watching the TB/BOS game (although that's not very competitive either). This Spurs team prior i think had one maybe 1 pre-season game although they played their regulars alot more this game. They got up for the game, and it looks like we forgot there was a game.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

SA played only 2 of their starters, and only for 18 minutes each. Their scrubs basically beat us. Not a lot of fun to watch at times. But there was some good stuff.

Kwame Brown showed he can guard Duncan pretty well.
    Detroit did cut the lead to 4 early in the 2nd half, after being down 17 early in the 2nd quarter.

We saw a unit of Kwame, Dyess, Sharpe, Afflalo, and Stuckey rally a bit there late in the 2nd quarter.

The overriding impression from this game: Complete and utter indifference from our stars. Of course, Stuckey shot 1-9, so that did not help.

SA buried us with 3's. I think they had 10 of them made by about midway thru the 4th. We actually had them at the half 12-6 as far as points in the paint.

Dyess got inside once for an easy score, but other than that, jumper, jumper, jumper. As I have said so many times before, unless Dyess makes an absolute ton of those, it hurts us. He should be shooting closer in so he can get more rebounds.

Samb played some garbage minutes and shot 3 times, seemingly way out of his range. At least I have not seen him yet be successful with shooting that far out. Who knows, maybe he increased his range. Ain't seen it yet.

Herrmann continues to be out due to back problems. Sharpe scored a few times, hitting a couple of jumpers and taking it inside once. Sharpe looks ok on D. He certainly has a lot of settling down to do on O, but he looked good nailing the shots he did and shows some ability to put the ball on the floor.

We put Amir, JMAX, and Sharpe together for a while in the 4th quarter. They played some good D at the start of their stint. Bynum and Afflalo were in the backcourt. Kind of wanted to see Stuck come in with this unit to see how they would do.

I see Curry has yet to stumble upon his best frontcourt, Sheed, JMAX, and Amir together.

OK, that was embarrassing watching our Pistons lose that badly to another team's 2nd stringers. Just one game. Hope it does not repeat itself.

PS, the worst part of the game happened in the 3rd quarter. After a 6-0 start to cut the lead to 4, SA went on about a 23-3 run, where our only offense was a few made ft's by Maxiell. (Amir was in for the start of this run, but Maxiell replaced Amir a few minutes into the half.)

8. LA Dre

OK 4-1 after opening the preseason 4-0...wait minute...didn't the Lions go 4-0 in the preseason??? Yep and they haven't won since....

Just one game, so need to worry with the excpetion that their scrubs made our scrubs and our star-ters look bad...:sssh:

9. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  10. LA Dre

11. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    It works most of the time. You may need to download different software like TVAnts, Sopcast, etc. I can't promise the HD too, but it could be bearable quality. I would use this if you're totally out of options as quality here usually worse than at NBA.com.

12. LA Dre

I overreacted...I will keep League pass as I am actually home for 90% of the games and love the HD and DVR functions, but this will come in handy when I travelling on my overnight trips..

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Could be the reason for the 28% shooting (along with the Spurs defense)

14. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

Boy, that stretch in the 3rd was MURDER.

I'm going to take the blame for this one guys. I got home, flipped it on, saw that we were within 4 points....and then we got maybe 3 more points for the entire rest of the quarter. All me. My bad.

In other news, Tampa Bay broke Boston's back tonight and I loved every minute of it. :)

15. max

max All-Star

Alright, finally get a game on tv and this is what we get. I even tapped it.

16. LA Dre

I erased it from my DVR as soon as they dribbled out the last bounce...hopefully they erased that performance from their minds too.

17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

FYI- there was supreme court ruling several years ago that prohibited condo buildings, etc. from making rules against putting satellite dishes onto balconies, etc. You may be in a different kind of building that can still legally make prohibitions, but if you have a place for a dish to go and want the service, try calling DTV. Building rules may not be able to stop you.

P.S. Spurs game too ugly to find anything for me to talk about.

18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, that was surprising to me, too. What is up with Cheik launching bombs?

19. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

Maybe he's been watching tape on Mark Blount :(

20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Supposedly he has that kind of range.

It was in an article a while back.

I just can't remember if it was PurpleSaurus or Berry Blue.