San Antonio March 14th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by Dlev59, Mar 12, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I can't make it for chat tonight, so I hope y'all can survive. ;) Go Pistons!

3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like you completely missed the boat on this one...

Just like all of your Lions predictions. :)

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice win for the good guys.

The Pistons are now 47-0 when the score more points than their opponent.

5. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

WHEW!! Touch and go there. Thought for sure we would blow this the way we'd been playing. Got a good idea how Flip will rotate now.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons now 8-0 for in the last 3 weeks on games not played on Wednesdays:)

7. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

too many minutes for the starters and too few minutes for AJ and AA.

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

lol AT NBA TV for teasing theol...LOL..."where u been the last 7 years?''Lol......"We almost didnt recognize U'...Theo said, "Yall aint talked to me since 2001" ....Very cool to see. Way to go, Theo!

9. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

So True Q. He was so pumped he could hardly contain himself.:MusicBigGrin:

10. LA Dre

Yep you saw his playoff roster tonight with Theo and Dixon stealing AJ and Alfs minutes. In fact max only got five mins himself. But we did get 20 points and 13 boards off the bench

Meanwhile CB plays 37 mins and the rest of the starters do 38 plus. Rip starts off shooting everything to get Mccosky off his back and then redeems himself. Let's hope this continues for the next 15 weeks!!!

11. LA Dre

Yeah he said this my first time talking on TV in awhile and he didn't want get off.

They asked him what he was doing the last 7 years?....well he has six kids, so guess he was gettin busy:)

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm such a sucker. I convinced my bf it would be really fun if we stayed in and watched the game. I don't know why i torture myself.

We won. Great.

Flip never learns. Juan Dixon got into the game, and again started a run for the other team. Who knew in just 4 min you could impact the game that much? What Afflalo did to Flip i'll never know.

Amir did not play. Welcome to the Playoffs. I miss the Stuck/Amir pick -n- roll. Stuckey is so much more effective out there with Amir.

We almost lost this because of fatigue. It was won on talent, and would have been a loss had Bowen played. Almost 4th quarter collapse. Outscored 25 to 19 or so. All the pretty jumpshots . . .

Sheed's mobility is still very off. I'm sorry but this is not a good sign of what's to come in the post-season. If AA/Amir don't play at all, and we are looking at the starters min maxing out, we're screwed.

Positive is Rip played better, but it's tempered by the fact he was being guarded by a shorter guard and not Bowen. Sheed was great defensively. Not his fault he had to keep covering for Parker blowing past our guards. Great game by Prince. Dyess was better in the 2nd half. I'm not sure though if Dyess looks better or if he looks better compared to Theo.

This win justifies Flip DNP'ing Amir in his mind. It's a little disheartening. I was under the impression Theo was here for insurance not to take minutes away from our 2 young bigs. Flip even said as such. We really need quickness defensively, and it's not like we lack it. We just don't play it.

Also Nice job by Pop on rotations and making sure there was usually a fresh body in the game (hint)

13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Flip sucks. It's beyond me how Afflalo and Amir didn't get any minutes. Not sure Aff coulda slowed down Parker but, hell, at least let him try. And Amir is a good option when our offense goes cold, which it did in the last quarter.

Terrible, terrible coaching job by Flip tonight. He has the imagination of a rock and the creative juices of a stone. He does not know how to use his human resources. Not even a little.

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

told yall 3 yeras ago, Deetah! Nawww.yall didnt listen to me...NOw the time on Sprockets when we dance!!!:djparty:

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He had success with AI, but who knows. I kept looking at all those O rebounds and thinking Amir would finish that over and over again. The rebounds were nice, but Amir brings that plus more. I like Theo but he's not exactly the most mobile energetic big, and when you put him in a trio with Dyess/Sheed; our rotation is old and flawed.

The whole point was to get younger this season, and for the playoffs have hungry fresh players off the bench ala Daniel Gibson, but the difference is in that series if Flip coached the Cavs Gibson would've been a DNP.

Getting Theo/Dixon seems like a mistake at this point. We were a better team with Primoz/Murray on the bench.

16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Popovich clearly outcoached FlipS once again. Only thing that kept us alive was that outstanding effort on the offensive glass. No way the Pistons would have won without that.
    Again, no AJ and no Afflalo. Ratliff is nice, but it's sad it seems as if he has taken AJ's spot. It's even more sad that it seems as if Dixon (freakin' Dixon!!!) has taken AA's spot.
    I like Dyess defensive rebounding and that 6 point run he had, but still, I think Maxiell and AJ can equally as good as him. Not to mention that he's going to be worn out come playoff time.
    Sheed's D was great once again, but he also took too many 3's. I don't get it- his post game was good today, so why not working more inside?

17. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I hate to be a downer, but...I agree. It's not that I think Theo/Dixon suck or anything, they just don't bring what we need. Energy. Hustle. Speed. Quickness. Crisper Rotations.

All the "Young Player Development" this season went out the window the minute those 2 vets came in. Seriously, why develop the youth and pretend to hold "tryouts" for your bench if you're just gonna go ahead and play old guys off the street over all the guys who've busted their a**es all year trying to earn their PT. Example: Ratliff, having been with the team a week, has taken over Maxiell's spot. The same spot Amir couldn't get, even after soundly outplaying Max for the better part of a month. What kind of message are you sending with that? Yeah, work hard, play hard, and you'll play...but once a vet comes in, he gets your spot. After just one practice. Nice job. Old Man Lindsey coming back in the rotation's just the icing on the cake. We'll look almost exactly the same way we did last year.

18. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

I dunno, I think Theo fits in a lot better than Webber. I like him. But we still should have found time for AJ or even more Max. Oh well.

19. LA Dre

Good post lp...Dixon did just what he did in the Sixers game...killed the momentum or as you stated started a run for the other team. He and Stuckey on the floor at the same time is a rally killer for sure. has not worked for two straight games. Neither one of them will be able to stop CP3 on Sunday when Billups sits, so Flip needs to get Alf back in the rotation.

Manu and Damo were 1-12 shooting beyond the arc,:cold: You got to think that if Bowen had been out there, he would hit 2 threes, held Rip to below 20 points and injured him and Rip would have got a tech due to arguing over the no calls ....yep a loss for sure.:sssh:

20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

A great win. We have a better idea about our team. This is a very deep team. We do not have the best starters but the best overall team. Yes, Mr. Dumars has made a great acquisition in Theo. We won without Afflalo and Amir. But if we do have problems, it was not in the rotations other than it was obvious that Dixon was not a fit and hurt us starting their run.

Dyss was great and so was Theo. Problem? Dyss is not great early in the game. And, Flip should have either Theo or either of our young bigs in the last few minutes for defense.

The biggest issue with this team again is not the rotations but our offense. We have the players. But it matters not unless we come up with an offensive concept early and late. SA knew what they wanted to do. We take turns shooting jumpers. Sheed needs to get more touches even if he passes the ball out again. Tay needs to get a portion of Rips touches. But what is our offensive game plan? Anyone know? Please tell me. Its the offense....