Away Sacramento Kings Wednesday Nov 7 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Walt, thanks for the research. If Curry or Jennings were the guard, then that would still be an upgrade. And beyond that, it is hypothetical but I would have not brought back Hamilton either. It was a great run and then it was over. We haven't gotten a thing worth mentioning from our veterans since 2009. So I ask, what was the point of trying to win on the rebuild? The team looks just as much a lottery team now as ever. The Pistons have never drafted in the top 5 and are probably lucky to have the one piece in Monroe for all this losing.

What scares me is that if Monroe and Knight and eventually Dre are not for real, the losing cycle will continue. I am getting tired of losing to just get an 8th pick and no end to the misery in sight. Maybe a key player can be brought in next year with the cap space.
  2. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I would have thought that Monroe and Knight, with a bit of experience under their belt, would have been able to lead the team to enough wins to make it interesting. The league is very weak and to move up from the bottom not that hard. But it looks like they are either not ready or not skilled enough to do so. Instead of pushing toward a .500 team that could then use some cap space next year, the Pistons look like a bottom dweller. I ask: did we waste the last 3 years pretending to win?
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Tayshaun Prince and Rodney Stuckey are FLAT TIRES!
    From both a performance and (especially) a leadership standpoint, these guys are sucking the life out of this team. I think that overlooking this is one of the more serious problems that this team has right now.
    It's time to let the youngsters and Frank put their own stamp on this thing.

Other vets are in the way to a lessor extent.
    JMax is taking time away from Drummond and The Russian Guy.

CV is sucking up cap space and infecting the young dudes with his loser attitude. It pisses me off to see Austin Daye and the BoT joking around during time-outs and pregame warmups. These two guys should have NOTHING to laugh about as long as their careers are in the crapper.

Yes.
    Especially last year.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Listen guys, Jason Maxiel is NOT taking time away from Andre Drummond; I think Greg Monroe is. Look at the league, it's getting smaller, most teams aren't playing with a great deal of size anymore. Many PF's are playing AWAY from the basket on offense. Monroe's defense is deplorable, do you really think he will fare better guarding PF's AWAY from the basket? I surely don't. We've all noted that Greg's perimeter jumper is deplorable, teams are leaving him WIDE OPEN on the perimeter and he has yet to make teams pay for that and until he can start knocking that shot down with consistency like most PF's do in this league we have no choice but to leave him at the Five position. My point is this, Greg Monroe is a CENTER! And I seriously doubt that the coaching staff has any faith in him playing the PF position offensively or defensively. So since Greg is going to play all his minutes at center, there's not much room to play Andre Drummond at Center. Drummond's time on the floor will increase once Monroe shows he can actually be productive at the 4.
    Slippy likes this.
  5. BallDon'tLie

When all is said and done and after Greg Monroe develops into the player that we all want him to be; Will he be a PF or a C?
  6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Not sure how Monroe playing bad D as a 4 affects the decision since it can't be worse than his D as a 5.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

He will be a 5. I wonder what they might be able to get for him.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

That's a fair point. At 0-5 they're as bad as they can possibly be after 5 games.

They can worry about how they match up with Miami later.
  9. Mogilny

Maybe Joe rolls the dice on Ben Gordon and our protected 1st-rounder.
  10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Drummond can't play the 4?
    roscoe36 likes this.
  11. Mogilny

Didn't Kenny defend 4:s in college?

Starters: BK - Singler - JJ - Kenny - Drum
    Bench: Stuck - Khris - Tay - Monroe - TRG

That's a balanced starting 5 and an ELITE bench.
  12. BallDon'tLie

One of the things that I'm really digging this year is how everyone refers to Slava Kravstov as"the Russian Guy".
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

I wouldn't mind this. He looks like he'd stand up a little taller if he'd move his feet more.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You just proved why we can't use his real name. It's impossible to remember and/or spell correctly.

Vyacheslav Kravtsov

Everybody spells Russian guy correctly and there is no confusion.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

I write it as The Russian Guy, BDL used the Russian Guy and you went with just a Russian guy so that part's a little confusing.
  16. copper

copper Bench Warmer

so tell me how everyone else going with smaller or quicker pfs is a reason we must? if they go smaller we should go bigger . alot of teams are going smaller because there is a limited amount of bigs.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I believe I coined this phrase, although I sometimes refer to him as the Russian dude.