Away Sacramento Kings Wednesday Nov 7 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Sacramento Kings

Wednesday Nov 7 2012 - 10:00 PM EST

Power Balance Pavilion, Sacramento, CA

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!
  2. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Pistons by 6
    Monroe 16 points and maybe some 7-9 rebounds. (I hope he beat Cousins)
    Good Night for Knight.
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Being played at the Power Balance pavilion........no balance of power tonight.

Sac...........by 8 tonight.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

A few Andre Drummond dunks (dunk you very much) and the Pistons win this one by double digits.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Didn't realize we were playing tonight.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

This Thomas(?) Robinson kid for Sacto looks like he's got a little bit of the crazy in him. He's definitely bought into their program.

The Pistons are battling these guys and playing hard, but they are getting worn down by the Kings athleticism.

Singler!!!
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

ok what the hell is going on with the major limited minutes for drum? I am really hoping for a coaching shake up if this frickin idiot doesnt read coaching for dummies soon. chapter 10 when youre getting outrebounded maybe go big...
  8. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Should the promotion still exist, Greg Monroe just earned Piston Nation a free order of curly fries with a rare triple double.
  9. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Man.. tough loss. Monroe played hard this game but Stuckey's still struggling. However, what I've seen is that this team is much better than what their current record suggest. They have no quit in them, which is a good thing.

Also, I think Drummond's minutes are down right now cause I don't think they have any depth behind the Center position. I'm not sure if Kravstov is playing so that would be my guess as to why Coach Frank won't put Drummond and Monroe together.
  10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

My first thought is...we let one get away here. Pistons were in it most of the game, up by a point at the end of one, but a terrible second quarter left them with 9 point halftime deficit that they really couldn't get past. They outscored the Kings in every quarter thereafter but still lose by two.

Greg came away with a rare triple double, 21/12/11, which unfortunately wasn't enough to get his team its first victory of the year. He was also quite efficient, 8 of 15 from the field. His best game so far, offensively.

Brandon played fairly well, finally getting his shot uncorked (6/10 from the floor) which was instrumental in getting us within striking distance of the Kings in the fourth, hitting 2 threes in the final 5 minutes of the game to finish with 21 points and 4 assists.

Rodney's struggles continue. He's still in the single digits in terms of the number of made shots so far this season, despite playing the Kings (a team he traditionally torches; he was 2/8), and one of his two made shots was at the very end of the game, a desperation 3. Something has to give here; he can't continue to play passively and blame it on his role in the offense - he touches the ball on nearly every single possession for this team, and the coaching staff is giving him a LOT of leeway here. Stuck got 5/4, with 3 TOs.

Tayshaun didn't really do anything. He bricked 60% of his shots and played inadequate defense. How ineffective was he? Kyle Singler was in the game with the rest of the starters save for one defensive possession to end the game.

Max was mediocre. Jason Thompson got whatever he wanted against him, and his flagrant foul against Cousins hurt a bit, but I like that mentality; make them earn it at the line (I'm sure he meant no harm, unlike TRob). He and Monroe's defense, too, was again porous.

Andre - this kid is on a very short leash. He didn't do much, though I'm not certain if his not doing much was what got him pulled out of the game or if it was the lack of playing time that resulted in him not doing much.

Kyle was good. Right place, right time; he was snatching rebounds away from the Kings throughout the game, and certainly his highlight was the come from behind block of a Jimmer layup try. He is the player Tayshaun used to be.

Kenny - also played fairly well.

JJ had a rough night. First, he got poked in the eye by Tyreke Evans and then he got an elbow to the throat from Thomas Robinson (speaking of, this guy has temper issues, that was Artest-like). He played ok, hitting a 3 or two; his true value though is in his running the floor and filling lanes for the guards (unfortunately his PG was Bynum, but I'll get to that).

Bynum - this game's Bynum was the one I know and dislike. He was overdribbling and made spectators out of his teammates in the first half and again in the second. That he wasn't pulled when the team had lost all its rhythm is beyond me. He did score a bunch of points, though.

Coach Frank - needs to react faster. Drummond looks to be in his doghouse, but Kyle and Kim are getting a lot of burn and have both played at the end of games, so clearly he isn't averse to playing rookies together or anything - I guess we'll see, but hopefully we see before the team goes beyond 0-6 or worse.

Positive signs, just not enough. I was pleased to see some fight in them, though.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The coach spent, oh, maybe 5 minutes coaching in this one. Otherwise, just going by his agenda. Still, 5 minutes is more time than the rest of the season for him to have concentrated on trying to win. Singler played instead of Prince in crunch time. Not bad at all. Monroe, great game. What can you say with about a 20-10 night, with 11 assists added? Just awesome. Unless you count his defense - which really was not that bad - its just that with who he was paired with - Sactown had a layup line going all night - and if missed the layup they got the putback.

Then you had the JJ / Drummond front line. Drummond, with no power forward in the game equals, you guessed it, a continuation of the layup line.

I see some are still defending coach's decision to not have played Monroe and Drummond together for a single second this season so far. Indefensible. Give it up. Without both of them in there, we have a horrid front line as far as defensive rebounding and protecting the paint. In the preseason, in contrast, with both in these things were not problems.

The announcers claim Bynum had a great night. No. If you are negative vs. their bench, you are not having a great night. Bynum should not be playing. Stuckey and Knight should be splitting point guard duties. It would go quite a ways toward shoring up our D. And give us steady consistent point guard play.

A reminder. We have seen Knight and English this season paired together, running the bench. Near flawless play. That is what we should always be seeing from the bench pretty much, not Bynum who is about as consistent as spring weather in Michigan.
    brofmfa likes this.
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Alexa, great writeup as usual.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Thank you.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Singler is growing on me. More athletic than i though after watching the preseason games. Showed some heart tonight.

Drum is in a tough spot because every time he helps out and it doesn't work out, he gets the blame... Not the perimeter defender that caused the breakdown in the first place. He's doing a good job on d, but isn't fully integrated with the system yet.

Monroe showed his highest and best use tonight. If he ever makes an all star team, it will be because of his weber like passing and mental toughness. He's kind of got a meanness about him on the court like duncan.

On bynum, some aren't appreciating what he's doing out there. He was scoring at will. His assist rate is the same as knight's this year. Dude is 5'5", so give him a break.
    brofmfa likes this.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe seemed more engaged in this matchup than normal. I do not like that.

He got the ball right at the top of the key/right elbow with room to step into his shot with under a minute to go and instead of shooting he passed to Knight (for his first late 3). It ended up being a good play, but I feel like Cousins would have shot that ball. Cousins seems a lot more aggressive to me especially going for defensive rebounds.

Across the board the Kings seemed more aggressive.

I thought Drummond did pretty well when he was out there in the 3rd. He seemed to fight Cousins on the defensive glass. I'm not sure what Frank's problem is.

Singler plays going forward or North and South. That alone makes me want to see him play.
  16. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I Always love to see a man put a triple-double.. even MORE if it's in a Pistons jersey.

Bad thing we lost, but this is "a good way" to lose.

We need more Singler and Drummond and less Prince and Maxiell
    LA Dre likes this.
  17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I don't really care that we're losing games.
    The W/L record means very little too me this year other than the fact that if/when the Pistons put forth a good effort, I'd like to see the guys that truly matter on this team rewarded with a victory.

So far, from a rotation standpoint, we are living in a very unsuccessful past.
    Frank needs to start living in the future.
    Wins and losses in the present are absolutely meanigless.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The NBA is really sticking it to the Pistons with these early road games against Sacramento, Phoenix, and the 1-4 Lakers. How are we expected to win a game with this schedule?
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think we need Tayshaun to sit. He threw at least three horrible passes.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Seemed like he did it all on consecutive possessions too. That was strange how bad they were.