Home Sacramento Kings Tuesday Jan 1 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Just think how much easier the pitch is to trade Villanueva now.

"Hey, I'm calling to trade you a 41% volume 3-point shooter who rebounds at about the same rate as Jason Maxiell and has one of the lowest turnover rates in the league. He has a 2:1 ast/tov ratio, is one of our top two +/- leaders, is 2nd on the team in Win Shares per minute, and has a PER that is higher than Greg Monroe. I just emailed you his highlight reels in his 22 point comeback against the Hawks and his win over the HEAT. We're not sure that we want to trade him because ever since we de-iced him, we suddenly started winning games. Make me an offer though and if it involves a starter and some draft picks, I may call you back."

As opposed to:

"Hey, remember that guy that used to play for Milwaukee? No, not Earl Boykins. Charlie V dog! Yeah, so anyways, we got him in free agency and he was just dominating in practice, but you know what idiot coaches I hire... turns out they have these secret agendas and are afraid of playing him because of how good he is. Who am I kidding? I gotta be honest with you- I'm desperate here. I'm willing to trade you CV + Drummond + 1st round draft picks for the next 3 years in exchange for any package that you can put together that qualifies salary wise. Hello?"
    coynejeremy, Cardono and roscoe36 like this.
  2. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I think Cousins fits the 4 position Wayyyy better than Moose. I hate his game from the neck up but I think his game would defenitely mesh better with Drums. I just dont see any trade happening despite all of the supposed showcasing we keep hearing about. The players that we should be getting rid of are max, stuck, tay, and possibly cv if we can get anything for him.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Keep in mind that you'd be getting a bad character guy to be a 19 year old's wingman. That 19 year old lives with his Mom still.

I just think it is too much of a gamble right now given the marginal potential synergy upgrade. Without factoring in player combinations, the trade is as close to straight up as you can get. We could be doing it almost purely for the combination aspect. Our team is only 20% assembled, so I think it is too meaningless to get our potential Sheed 4-5 years early.

With Monroe, we know that he is going to be solid on and off the court for years. If we need to trade him in the future, I'm sure that we will be able to get good value for him.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  4. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Oh man, it hurts so :-)
  5. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I was worried toward the end because not a lot of offense was on the floor. Maxiel should not close a game because no offense. Knight is very risky to close with. I was ok with Bynum, Tay and Monroe (although Monroe sometimes gets stuck with nowhere to go). I was actually calling for Daye when the coach put him in because the team needed another shooter and it looked like no Piston was going to step up on offense. Sac. actually did a pretty good job of containing Bynum--scouting in the NBA is almost instantaneous. So the ball was going to Tay which you don't want as a steady diet. The Monroe/Knight combo is not always a go in prime time either. You really want a Daye or a CV along with Bynum in crunch time.

We all make fun of CV but this game was harder after he went out with his three point shooting.

Drummond should play most games at the end. For sure, he should play over Maxiel.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I concur on all three comments my fellow LA dweller

We have been critical of both Daye and CV since the season began, but some time that three ball is the difference in many games and other than Knight taking his 4 beyond the arc per game , we need those extra shooters on the floor 15 mins + a game. Yeah their D is not the best, but they have come through on both ends for the past six games, so yes coach... use them out there with Bynum and you will win a few more games.

Bynum seems to find the open man whether it is Daye or Charlie on the wing or Drummond for the alley oop and you want those options on the floor there in crunch time instead of the ISOTays that we were forced to fall into in the last 90 seconds of the past two games...

Drummond is our Dennis Rodman of new generation.(on the floor only) :biggrin: ..always has the energy, leads the team in boards and blocks even though he averages only 20 mins a game. He changes the game when he is out there and Cousins as good as he was had no answer when Dre was on the floor. Rookie Dre on the floor the last three minutes of a 3 possession game + or - is better than the veteran Max. Although big ups for Max for hustling and diving for that loose ball in crunch time tonight.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It is kind of nuts to think the Pistons were in a one possession for the last 2 minutes of the game and Frank didn't seem to have any intention of playing Drummond on D.

I think Austin Daye might be more valuable than CCG because he can play more positions.
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Jason Maxiell needs to go.
  9. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Heck.....I'd be offering up Stuckey in a trade. It's obvious that we don't need him.
    Not only don't we need him...I think his lack of presence in games has a positive effect on the guys.
    alexa032 and KGREG like this.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Monroe played 38 minutes.

Prince played 35 minutes.

Knight played 35 minutes.

Singler played 33 minutes.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It'd follow bynum's advice and move stuck back to the starting unit in exchange for singler. Have stuck play a lot of point and see if the double combo guard model works now that stuck is out of his slump. The 11 assists the other night were very helpful.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice Laimbeeresque goon forearm by Charlie V. Of course in the old days it would have just been a foul.

I don't understand why Larry's tipping of the inbound pass was a delay of game and not a turnover. His hand wasn't over the court, his feet weren't on the court - he should be part of the building, just like throwing the inbound pass off the backboard support.
  13. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Stuckey has had his chance as a starter. He's either second string material or trade bait.
  14. BillLaimbeer

Larry was in the direct line of the pass between the two Kings players. I thought it should have been a technical foul.
  15. BillLaimbeer

Don't forget to add his reputation as a "dirty player" according to Isaiah Thomas.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Surely you don't need him playing with that 2nd unit and screwing up their rhythm, as of right now the bench is our best player. No, I think you HAVE to start him and move Singler to the 2nd unit, the 1st unit can't get any more lethargic than it already is- so Stuckey can't throw off their rhythm, Singler isn't giving the starters the same production that he used to anyway.

PG: Knight / Bynum
    SG: Stuckey / Singler
    SF: Tay / Daye
    PF: Max / CV
    C: Monroe / Drummond

Dressed but DNP-CD's: Jonas and English
    Street clothes: TRG, Maggs and Middleton
    LA Dre likes this.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I like it. Enforcer who can stretch the floor.
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I thought that the "dirty player" reference had more to do with the fact that he smells like feces than the way he plays b-ball.
  19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Hey Dre,

This team is hard to figure. Guys that were like busts (CV and Daye and Bynum) are playing well. Of course, it is Drummond that has really changed the whole team's equation. Management needs to adjust to the Drummond era and make personnel decisions around Drummond.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's nice to have a guy that makes others better instead of having to worry about surrounding our guys with the perfect complementary players.

E.g.: Stuckey could be good if we had a Chris Paul like PG, a dynamic scoring SF, and some shot blocking big men with range.

Now it is more like: Can the guy do anything well on offense? OK, pair him with Drummond and his defensive inadequacies will be erased.