Home Sacramento Kings Tuesday Jan 1 2013

Discussion in 'January 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Sacramento Kings

Tuesday Jan 1 2013 - 7:30 PM EST

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!
    basketbills likes this.
  2. roscoe36

With my mind on my money and money on my mind...
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Could we be watching a future Piston (Cousins) tonight?
  4. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

KGREG,

How would you envision us getting him? Who would we move to make this happen? BK and Monroe with pick? Or BK, Tay, and JMax? Or BK, Tay, and CV? Just trying to go through various scenarios.
  5. roscoe36

Kidnapping.
    brofmfa and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  6. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

I didn't envision that, but hopefully Joe can kidnap him in the sense that he can fleece the Kings with some swift and nifty trade moves that he did once upon a time.
  7. roscoe36

I think we should put him in a sack, hide him in the back of a cargo van, and then a couple weeks later, strut him onto the court in one of our uniforms, and see if anyone notices.
    BallDon'tLie and Cardono like this.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I hope Stuckey sits this one out.
  9. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

"Stuckey to sit again with ankle tonight." - Keith Langlois, via Twitter.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  10. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Who's Ankle..........hopefully a PG.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't look now, but the Pistons have a 3 game win streak and have won 5 of 6....despite Frank scaring us with his rotations in the last 5 minutes. I guess he does know what his doing, at least for now. Four games out of the 8th spot and three of the next four at home and all are winnable based on how they are playing.

Villueneava was ejected from the game due to a questionable flagrant 2, but the Pistons were able to hold on for the victory as his running mate Daye came through with the dagger three ball with 11 seconds left on the clock to chill and end an improbable comeback by the Kings. Jimmer was victimizing both Singler and Knight in the 4th brought the Kings down from a 14 point deficit to a one point deficit with only 2 and half minutes left in the game.

Knight was huge in the first quarter with 10 points and 3 dimes, but it wasn't until the second team came in that the Pistons took control of the game in the second quarter led by Daye, Charlie and Drummond.

Got to go watch the Clippers now who are down at the half, so will let Lee provide the rest of Piston analysis....Good game, Good win ...Happy New Year..
  12. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

In a wild game that, among other things, saw a rogue cameraman try to rub out an honest old official, Coach Frank and the Pistons still managed to pull out a "W". I believe in Coach Frank!

"The only good is knowledge." - Socrates
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

If we trade Monroe to get Cousins, I will go do something else besides follow the Pistons. Monroe can be effective with 8-10 shots and he's a team player. Drummond is exceeding expectations and what we've seen, it looks like they can alternate high-low.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Darn computer ate my post. Here goes again.

Our starters again did not so well. And our subs, Bynum, Singler, Daye, CV, and Drummond, did great. CV did not play in the 2nd half though as a bogus flagrant was called on him. Just one angle made it look bad for CV - the rest clearly showed it was inadvertant contact after the shot clock wound down.

But the most interesting thing that happened in this game: Coach used a possible future starting unit - extensively. For each half, he went to Knight, Daye, Tay, Monroe, Drummond - and then went to the rest of his bench later. That is what I like to see, trying something that might improve the team. Looked great. Just give it more time.

3 in a row, first time this season. 5 of 6. (and we really won 6 of 6 save for that missed goal tending call vs. Atlanta)

Singler hit some shots. Looks to be totally over his eye problem.

Knight hit plenty of shots. Bynum nailed a three - but it was the only scoring for us in a 16-3 stretch for Sactown.

Daye was the hero in the end, hitting a 3 with not too much clock left and us with a 6 point lead, but hey, Bynum hit both his free throws before that and that was huge too.

Sactown kind of imploded once they put Cousins back in, who had not been in for that big run. His foul was the first of two straight by Sactown totally not needed by them - and let us get up a bit after the lead had shrunk to 1.

Despite their record, Sactown just had two quality wins vs. NY and Boston, so we beat a good team, at least one doing well at the moment.

All for now. Got to be up ear li ae in the morning.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Brandon Knight played a good game....kind of.......but if you add up our PG production (between him and Bynum) we ended with 35 pts on 12-22 shooting, 3-7 from beyond the arc and 8 assists. From the SF spot Tay and Daye gave us 23 pts and 7 rebs on 10-18 shooting and went 2-6 from beyond the arc. I mention these stats because it seems like we are headed right back to the team where our best asset were the Alternatorz, when you add the bench and the starters you get pretty good results, on their own....they suck, but as a 10 man unit......not bad, not bad at all. If you're starting lineup was Bynum, Singler, Daye, CV and Drummond, and you depended on them to play about 30+mpg every night, they wouldn't win many games; but we have the kind of team where a bunch of guys can give you good production in short stretches. I mean think about it, everybody always says, "You have to come out hard aplay 48 minutes everynight" Well, these guys aren't that good, but 10 of them can come out and play 15, 20, 25 minutes everynight. Just look at the boxscores during this stretch, everybody who plays is contributing something.

This is FUN! It's important that the coach commits to this scheme though.....somebody get Cola on the phone!
    roscoe36 likes this.
  16. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

glad to see stuckey involved in this streak.......
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This is getting ridiculous. Again, our bench unit shoots a combined eFG of .600. That is 3 games in a row with at least 30 FGA and shooting of .600 or higher.

And the starters shot well too, with an eFG of .556. However, 12 assists to 15 turnovers for our starting unit compared to 7 assists and only 2 turnovers for our bench.

I don't fault Frank for taking out some of the bench to close the game because they had been out there for a while. But you can see why it would make someone nervous. Personally, if I were the coach, I would not be able to take Drummond out of a game like this unless he was a 0% FT shooter and they were employing their "beat a Drum" strategy. Bynum's 3 toward the end was a huge momentum delayer and then the Kings' botched decision to foul with 45 seconds left gave us the 2 possession game that really helped. Daye put in the dagger of course, as he held his pose like he knew it was in right after release. Dude's mechanics are just unreal for his height and build. Also gotta give a shout out to Maxiell on the loose ball dive in crunch time.

Glad we didn't get Jimmered.

Joe is in a much better position right now than he was a month ago. He doesn't look quite as inept when the coach plays his players.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

And THAT is my biggest worry! The temptation for Joe to leave this team as is! But then again he did take a 50 win team and trade Stack for Rip, and acquire Sheed...sooooo. I mean this recent bench surge and team success is looking eerily familiar to 2000-2001, almost like deja vu!
    roscoe36 likes this.
  19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

could we be so lucky? is there a possibility that Joe can get a pf and pg in a trade somewhere?
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I thought Coach Flip had a great chance to sub Monroe in for Max with 4:55 to go but he couldn't do it. Drummond was due for a rest. (In Pistonsland at least where you can't play anyone above 25 minutes a night.)

Frank can talk about Drummond and Monroe not being a good matchup against teams, but other teams need to account for both of them when they're out there. Instead of Cousins out-bigging the Pistons he had to battle both of them.

I thought they played well together considering they haven't done so a lot. Knight looked good playing with them also. I agree Lee, I liked Daye and Tay with those 3 also.

I didn't have a problem with Chucky getting tossed. I think it was pretty fair given how they typically call those. That was a visit from stupid/dirty Charlie of seasons past.

Cousins is a beast and Drummond had no problem with him.

I like Cousins but I think he is a C and the Pistons don't need another one.

LOL at Tay triple pump faking the team into a 3 second call. "Max thought he was going to shoot it 3 different times!" George Blaha

I liked Bynum trying to throw alley-oops to Monroe.

The should start calling the Pistons starters the Rope-A-Dopes.
    KGREG likes this.