1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

[Rumour] Millen to be fired

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by roscoe36, Nov 24, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

FoMoCo? cool name
    Well they did hire him on a recent trend... they won a couple of games in a row just before the signing.... this must have seemed like dynasty to them based on their history.
    Best job in pro sports next year will be the new Lions GM... I mean is it even possible to do a worse job than M.M.?... instant hero.
    The move has to be made before the next years draft... we can not afford another Millen Gaff.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Man, every time I see that there is a new post in this thread, I hope that it finally happened.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

2 game dynasty, lol.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Doesn't look like this has any legs.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Me too jammer!! Been almost a week since the Joey Turkey stuffing of the Lions. If Millen ain't gone now, then he is probably safe and will probably be around for the next six Lions losses :football:

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

BTW merc...FoMoCo gets stamped on a lot of parts going thru the presses instead of the oval & Ford script...I didn't make up that moniker

Breaking Bond From FoMoCo! Ford's Looking To Sell Aston Martin - Jalopnik

Maybe the Fords will can Millen from the Lions and their Chief Creative Officer, J Mays on the same day. IMO...the only attractive vehicle Mays has pushed thru development is the GT40...except that car sold for way over it's $150K sticker...a car so ridiculous, they only made 4500. I think Mays is as out of touch in Ford designs as Millen is running the Lions...but they're both still on WCF's payroll.

Ford Motor Company - J Mays

7. roscoe36

Ah yes, but the oval with Ford script is still the most common stamp used. :)

Part #, Supplier Code, Julian date and the damn oval. :P

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Roscoe...you never cease to impress me...you spend some time in a plant? And here I thot you were just KCM :MusicBigGrin:

9. roscoe36

Once upon a time...

10. jammertime

I'm afraid you're probably right. I think we're stuck with Millen for at least (and hopefully most) the rest of this season.

11. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I'd be suprised if they let him go.They are making money with the Lions, sellout after sellout. He needs to go, so do they. Maybe we will get lucky and the Fords will sell the team to raise money for their company.

12. jammertime

I think Pride matters as much if not more to WCF than the sellouts to be honest with you.

Yet another embarrassing Thanksgiving day loss. Fan revolt is increasing and our patience has almost completely run out.

However, Ford is also extremely loyal - to a fault I'd say. He thinks of Millen as a son.

Ford Jr. has never been a fan of Millen. It'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds. WCF isn't getting any younger. Eventually Jr is going to take over. I just hope Sr. doesn't extend Millen indefinitely in the mean time....