Round 3 game 6 - Friday June 2 Pistons at Miami

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-man

G-man Starter

If I'm Flip I get Arnie Kander to stockpile enough Wasabi to take to Miami. Then I have Arnie generously apply it to the interior of the entire teams jocks. You want movement? You can't handle this kind of movement..

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:laugh: :rofl:

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

They have won the two games in this series where they skipped the practices. I would have hoped that they reviewed game on the plane ride down and the film editor had a chance to work with the coaching staff prior to that to emphasize the good and bad.

The game every other day is catching up with them, so have a short practice on game day. Tired legs will not provide any lift in getting those 3 pointers to fall or those hustle plays to happen.

4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I doubt if Wade is nervous. This kid looks like the real deal to me, however, game 6 will tell us if he is nervous or not.

Only GP, Shaq and Zo have played in games before that mean as much as this one. Well, Haslem was there last year in the ECF game 7 also.

Wade is good for a couple of TO right when the Heat don`t need them.

As far as the spelling of Dwyane vs Dwayne, that`s mild, pratically unoticable, I can tell you some names that will leave you spellbound, literally. Hey, it`s whatever his mom was feelling at the time.

5. roscoe36

Make them watch Game 7 from last year's Finals. Then have them watch Game 5 of the 2004 Finals.

Seriously though, they'll have to do some defensive game planning. Riley will be making adjustments to free up Wade and/or exploit the double teams.

Nothing less than full intensity is going to get this done.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah I think someone said Flip had them watch the 2004 Red Sox 3-1 comeback vs the Yankees. Maybe show them or remind them of the intensity they put forth vs the Cavs in game 7 a couple of weeks ago. We normally need 90 to guarantee the win, but just holding this high powered team in the 70's with the defensive intensity may be enough too!:nod:

I'ts a chess match so definitely adjustments are forthcoming from Riles, and Flip will need to make some too. Hopefully Joe's Piston coaching "consultant" Chuck Daly flew down with the team to lend his expert advice since it worked last night....some bad boys mentality is what is needed here.

7. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

The Pistons should try contain Wade in whatever way possible. Let Snaq and the others try to beat them. The trapping in Game 5 was pretty effective.

8. max

max All-Star

Miami is getting just as tired. If Miami responds well under the new found pressue they are under for the 1st time this series then they will have earned the Victory.

Pistons are about due folkes. Billups is about due to knock down 5-3's, Rip is due to shoot over 50% and Wade is due to have a cold night. Wade cannot possibly continue hitting shots like he has and I think part of it was how loose they were able to play always having that 1 game slack.

Pistons are going to win. Going to win game 6 and will win game 7 convinsingly. I know I was doubting the team but they showed us the old Piston grit last night.

9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Couldn`t have said it better myself!

My thoughts exactly........

10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Problem I see is that they will go back to Shaq. Will Ben be as active? Even at his best, Ben has a hard time with Shaq in the 1st quarter. It is Shaq that allows the Heat to lead us so much early. How to counter? Ben can use his fouls or we can put Davis in early to play him hard and save Ben for later. We have not made an adjustment for Shaq and we need to contain him some to get out with a lead in the 1st quarter. If we do, we have a chance.

The reason I am not confident is that we have not or cannot keep Shaq and wade from getting a high percentage. And, the Heat in turn, are able to keep our offense in check. We did finally get some looks in game 5 but they have a beat on what we do. If you go back to last year vs. SA, teams are figuring out if you get up on Billips you can live with his drives. If you take Rip's first look away, he will drive and not be as deadly.

On the other hand, Tay has really developed. I would use him to handle the ball as much as possible. He is the one guy who can get something off the dribble, force a double, etc.

I will say this, as disappointed as I am recently, the Pistons are an incredibly tough group when it comes down to it. Game 5 was a joy not because we are playing that great, but because you could see those guys compete. Heisler from the LA Times once again pointed out just how tough they are.

If we don't win, I wonder what did happen these last two weeks. Something has been off.

11. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Put it on a big screen during practice put it on the plane for the flight down to Miami show it before warm-ups and just in case they forget and are down at halftime show it again. It should be like in A Clockwork Orange where they are literally forced to watch it and when they start to lose it should give them a pain in the gulliver.

12. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Everyone keeps talking about Wade is on fire. I don't see what he is doing differently. Wade always scores 28-31 points against the Pistons, and Shaq gets his 20+. Combined those two get around 52-58 points against the Pistons. The problem is when the Pistons allow the other players to score 10+ points. If the Pistons can shut down the other player, than I don't care how good they are playing, Shaq and D-Wade cannot beat the Pistons by themselves.:fingerscr

13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

While they're at it, they should show the team the movie "A Clockwork Orange." A scene of Alex and his droogs beating up on the townsfolk is enough to get anyone riled up for a game. :laugh:

14. roscoe36

The issue this year is that Wade is shooting a very high % to go with Shaq's high FG%. They are too efficient offensively.

Hence why it's not just enough to limit the role players, because the Pistons have to be offensively efficient as well. Limit turnovers, get easy baskets, convert on jumpers.

I'm talking about an ideal execution strategy to win of course. The Pistons can still pull it out making (more) FTs, forcing turnovers, and hitting 3s, but you cannot count on big shots, friendly refs and steals.

If Rip and Sheed are on, this will be a Pistons win. Of course getting Shaq and Wade in foul trouble would be a big, big help.

15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I heard someone mention on TNT (I think it was Reggie Miller) that Rip needs to make Wade work on the defensive end. Pistons can win this damn thing if they do it right. Gotta make Shaq run up and down the court. Miami has chinks in their armor. Gotta expose 'em.

16. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah, from what i've heard its because she didn't know how to spell dwayne. other examples of uneducated mothers include:

anfernee hardaway's mum (she was trying to spell anthony)
    antawn jamison's mum (she was trying to spell antoine)

17. webz

agreed. when kobe was scoring 25 points on us it was through taking 25 jump shots. wade only needs 12 or 13 shots to do it.

my concern is miami's perimeter game. i know its nothing special but they did miss A LOT of open outside shots in game 5. if guys like posey, walker and williams hit a couple early and the crowd gets behind them we could be in trouble.

we need to be hitting more 3's. we need it. they haven't been going down lately because they aren't being taken when in the flow of the offence. they are being jacked iladvised (re: billups) or as a shot clock bail out. swing the ball from side to side more and get rasheed some pick n pops as well.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dwyane

It should really be pronounced "Dee double-u Yanni"

19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

yeah billups is pissing me off. 3-4 break pull up for a 3 ...brick it...heat come back and get a layup. Thanks for single handedly shifting the momentum big guy. That was MVP decision making.

20. webz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.