Round 3 Game 5 ... Heat @ Pistons

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

KGREG, did you see "THE BLOCK II"?
  2. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Sorry haters the real Pistons showed up tonight and showed they still know how to play D. In the words of Cypress Hill
    "We aint goin out like that we aint goin out"

If the Heat expected us to just roll over and hand them the series they were Wrong!!! Great play from Tay his dunk on Zo pricless and a great game from Dyess. The Pistons can pull this out. Down 3-1 well now its 3-2 and time to shutem down on south beach
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good game overall, with exeception letting the Heat back in it after having an 11 point lead. CB had a another tough night shooting, but stilldished out 10 assists and was perfect at the line for 10-10,

rip another disappearing act in the second half with only 2 pts and about 5 missed buckets down the stretch. We almost blew this one as they ran 3 straight plays for Rip that didn't cash in.

Milestone/omens:
    We held Wade to under 30 points
    We scored 90 points
    Our bench outscored theirs 14-10 which means that Posey and Payton didn't get off.

Both starting guards despite the rough shooting finished with double-doubles
    We shot 88.5% from the FT line

ben scored more points at the free throw line (2) than Shaq or Wade as they only had 1 each. :eyebrows:

No one was in foul trouble

We outboarded them by 2, but gave up too many second chance points:doh:

We got to get more production out of Sheed to steal that victory on Friday.

And finally we get at least one more night of chat and I will wear the same Pistons Championship t Shirt Friday:nod:

Just win baby
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I really believe the Heat thought they would end it at The Palace and celebrate at our place. No way, and why did Zo get so upset with Tay? There are so many posters with him being slammed on it`s pathetic. Why get angry about this one?

I feel really good about game 6. Our offense can still come around some and the defense looks like the D of old.

Did the Heat look tired to anyone? If this thing goes 7 Shaq may run out of gas!
  5. roscoe36

The Block II

[​IMG]
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Only as a highlight, staying up late hoping for a re-broadcast
  7. roscoe36

Don't worry cousin. I'll have a clip for your collection sometime tomorrow. ;)
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Sweet Pic!

PF on the backboard :^)
  9. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Warning: the image themicrowave posted is the tame, family-friendly version. The frontal view is not easy on the stomach.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

That pic shows how effective Ben can be as a help defender... he shouldn't always carry "the load"
  11. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If this was Wade it would`ve been one time he may not have got up, at least not so fast!
  12. LA Dre

If it had been Wade, it would have been a foul on Ben:eyebrows:
  13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Professor, I was so thrilled to think of you being at this game tonight! Really, an experience to cherish for a lifetime. You must tell all! I kept just imagining you seeing the warmups, the intros, the game and being with that Palace crowd. WOW!

Professor you are now way more addicted to the Pistons than you were before you went to the game, aren't you? There really is no hope for you for affair teams or anything remotely like that now!:)
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The ONLY differences tonight were that the Heat got 20 free throws instead of 40 and they only made 30% of them. If Miami would have matched the Pistons FT%, then they would have won. Simple as that.

The momentum of the calls or lack of bad calls is what is propelling the Pistons to what appears to be "energy" or "confidence". I guaranty you that I could have called that game in a way that would have given Miami the win, and anyone who disputed it would have been called a whiner.

Tough sport to emotionally invest in because of that reality.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Awww screw this team.
    We have lost our identity....period.
    I just looked through the photo gallery at the detnews site, why and the frick did SHEED!!!! arrive at the game in a Maybach!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I have no clue who these dudes are anymore......I specifically posted that there were to be no expensive foreign vehicles........F-150's, Ram's (with the Hemi), and Silverado's. Pull out the big tough, blue collar vehicles that work hard, now we're riding around in Bentley's and Maybach's........Dang it!!!!
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The epitimy of being spoiled was Shaq's answer to the reporter about Ben's block...

"That was a foul young lady. Don't ask such stupid questions. That was a foul."

Maybe Ben's nucksac hit him on the chin after the block, but that was the only contact.
  17. roscoe36

18. roscoe36

Man, Sheed has a lot of rides. In Portland, he wouldn't wash his cars because it always rained. He's down to earth if you saw his MTV Cribs bit. If you didn't, let me know and I will hook you up.
  19. LA Dre

These last three games have been decided on who got the break or the key/impact play at a key moment down the stretch or in the last six minutes.

In tonight's game, the key play happen at the 4:32 mark of the 4th when Shaq blocked Rip's shot and the ball went out to Prince and he canned the three. The score went from 79-76 to 82-76 and the Heat scored only 2 points after that...yeah I said it right..only 2 points in the last 4 mins. What a crucial and great time for our defense to show that ole Piston spirit:nod:

If that D can carry over to the next 2 games then Da Palace will be ablazen next Thursday night for game one of the Ship:fingerscr
  20. LA Dre

Wades post game comments were that Pistons won because they were desperate team!! I can partly agree with that.....who wouldn't play a little desperate when your season could be over in less than 5 mins and you only had a 3 point lead and the other teams big guns are scoring at will???duh:P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.