Round 3 Game 2 ... Heat @ Pistons

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I thought Crawford was the team nemesis.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I keep telling y'all that the refs are incompetent. I believe some harbor grudges, and it's not a league conspiracy to fix the games, but these refs need to get "checked" and made accountable.

I don't know if anyone caught this, but they interviewed Tay coming off the court, and he said that Bavetta claimed it was too loud to hear him. Then Bavetta apparently "said something he shouldn't have" to Tay. Tayshaun was careful to hang him out there, but not indict himself with a league penalty.

I just wanna know if what was said was in any way rascist. Tay seemed really shook up by it. I'll post video tomorrow.
  4. roscoe36

Tayshaun was amazing. I am sure you will watch the game and pick him apart, giving him little credit for making huge plays down the stretch, and basically being the player of the game, but hey, it's a free world.
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'd be awfully surprised if it was anything racist. Bavetta probably just cussed at him or something, like "don't question my f^%&^ing hearing" or something like that.

I must say that was one of the WORST blown calls I've EVER seen. Of COURSE he was trying to call timeout, what planet was Bavetta on in that situation?
  6. roscoe36

You can watch the Tay interview bit when I post it if you didnt see it live. He was really shook up over it.

Bavetta blew the mugging on Billups twice. The guy is a liability to be calling games in the playoffs. Missing a call in a crunch time playoff sequence is bad. Missing 3 in 20 seconds, all in front of his eyes, is atrocious.
  7. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Best part of this game was Tay's monster double-double. He's the only guy that really played with focus the ENTIRE time he was out there. Other guys take off possessions. The Heat scored 17 points in the last 1:46, which is inexcusable -- even with the refs stepping on their johnsons. Things that were annoying: The backcourt was 12 of 31, which, although an improvement from Game 1, is still not good enough. Bench scored a total of 3 points. Three points! :doh: I was glad to see Delfino in there even though I don't think he did much out there. He was OK. No Mo. That was great. I wonder if someone said something to Flip.

I'm not that pissed off at Bevetta. The guy is pretty fair to us. He screwed up the Sheed jump ball thing and the timeout, but Crawford typically asks the Pistons to "bend over" before the game.

The team still didn't shoot that well but things got better. It would be nice if the team avoided their usual Game 3 doldrums on Saturday.
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yeah, I saw the interview bit. I think he was just stunned that such an obviously blown call happened to him like that with the game potentially on the line. That'd be enough to shake me up.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Real Piston fans should always be concerned when the team is struggling and not assume that they will be prevail. Look at tonight's nailbiter; heart-stopper. Some of us in the chat room were already conceding the win in the 3rd qtr and were already thinking ahead to Saturday...and looks like the Pistons players were too.

We thought this one was over but our D gave up 17 points in the last 1:46...we should still be concerned about that even though we won. :doh:...and keep our cards.
  10. roscoe36

To be fair Griff, they did get jobbed by the refs in the 4th Q several times.

It seems there are two standards for physicality, and the Heat can play like the 90s Knicks, and the Pistons are expected to take it.

Yes they surrendered the lead, but when you don't get foul calls, and when you get called for iffy crap, that saps momentum too.

CB is simply overmatched when asked to break plays and create. When he gets a different look from defenders, he gets flustered and is forced to decide, pass or shoot, overthink what is happening and it usually turns out ugly.

Gotta give him a little credit for finally playing some defense late though.
  11. roscoe36

I never think it is over DRE. :)
  12. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Tay and Ben were the difference. Ben's frenetic play is having an impact on defense. Tay is scoring, hitting the boards--doing it all. Riley has to be worried about Tay. They have little answer for him. His roaming on offense is very le Bron--like. My friend, (a Buck fan rooting for us) called Tay "your second best player behind Ben Wallace." A bit too far but an interesting comment.

It is clear that we didn't have it in game one. We need to get out of Miami at 2-2 and we should be alright. We are still not operating on all cylinders but if we move the ball on offense and play frenetic on defense, we can expose the Heat's slowness of foot.
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BBJ, BBen wants his respect back.
    Nice of him to stay focused.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah Ggazoo, the bench gave us plenty of minutes to rest the starters, but they didn't contribute offensively at all. Dice was intimated by Zo and missed 3 layup attempts under the basket and finally scored on a dunk. Hunter threw up 3-three point bricks and Delfino touched the ball only one time and made a bad shot from the left. But I will take it their contribution as they did take 9 fouls on Shaq and Wade, etc
  15. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

Wave, zebras or no zebras, this team was drifting through the last 18 minutes of this game. that's okay if miami's waving a white flag. but when they start pushing back we have to snap back into attack mode. that's all i ask for.
  16. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Imo it is the classic case of giving the calls to the aggressor b.s. That in no way means I agree with how the end of the game went but that is typical NBA rhetoric. If Mark (refs couldn’t even manage a dairy queen) Cuban was the owner of the Pistons there would have been an interview after the game of him criticizing the refs saying how horrible the game was called and we will be sending a tape to the NBA and paying a $250,000 fine whew:blah:. Pat Riley said it best in his post game interview the Pistons were just looking at the clock trying to get the game over with. I don’t understand how the Pistons don’t have the KILLER instinct. It is always the same thing inbound the ball and hope they send Billups to the line. I will not complain about a win though Tay was huge this game and for all of you who complained about his contract please look at the stats of this playoff run and tell me who has been more consistent than Tay.

One thing that made me almost giddy was seeing DD out there bangin Shaq. Sure he didn’t score did not get a rebound or block but he had 2 fouls in like 7 minutes giving Ben a huge breather. Same goes for Delfino Tay did not even hit 40 minutes this game. The Bench came in did their thing and imo it is a huge bonus.

Go Pistons Beat the Refs and Beat the Heat!!!!!!!
  17. anakin

Can't expect too much from the bench, especially Delfino, Davis etc. They haven't played enough to develop a rhythm. At best if they can spare the starters some rest and keep the momentum from shifting they have done their job. Keep the defense strong should be their motto.
  18. roscoe36

Ideally they never leave attack mode and bury the opponent completely.

As I said, I'm not blaming the zebras, but they impose their incompetence on the game too much, and it seems that this match, and Game 5 against the Cavs, they did as much (or was it little) as they could to sap momentum.

I love the Pistons, and I love basketball, but sometimes I get totally frustrated with the NBA and it's variables.
  19. anakin

The Pistons can win this series. They are the better team. Anything short of the Finals at this stage is unacceptable.

They have to keep the tempo upbeat. The Heat, especially Shaq, can't hang with them for 48 minutes. Some props to Flip for playing the bench.
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

How can you measure a true Piston fan by how much they worry? People have different perceptions.

The counter argument would be that a real fan has blind faith and undying loyalty. The real fan is not a worry wart.

Personally, I worry sometimes and not at others. I have faith sometimes and not at others. But I don't judge others because they do not share my own SUBJECTIVE feelings at any given moment.

I thought people were excited in chat. Is something inherently wrong with that?

What matters as far as the outcome of the game...the only thing that matters...is how the players felt and how they reacted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.