Round 2 Game 6 - 7pm Fri May 19 Det at Clev

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max

max All-Star

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Series 2-3 Cleveland
    Friday May 19th, 2006
    7:00 PM

Da "Q", Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio
    Built 1994, Capacity 20,562

TV: ESPN
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Lets finish this 97-93 Pistons.

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Pistons been talking all year about HCA. Let`s get this game 7 back at the Palace so we can utilize that HCA!!!!!!!!

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We played our worst game of the season in Game 4 and only lost by 2. We can win this.

5. ojay

ojay Second Round Draft Pick

6. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

i believe.

7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'll be nowhere but here today(aside from my workout and back therapy) but I dont think I can chat tonight. I want total focus on this game. Maybe we can leave the chat open til after the Mavs/Spurs go off or at least one extra hour after Pistons win:fingerscr .

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i might be at the bar w/my sis, her bf, and a hottie watchin the game. i've had bad luck at the bar watchin games but i'm sayin screw the superstitions tonight, i tried them and they failed me at the palace.

so i say **** you jobou. you no help me now. i do this myself.

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

I'll be on chat, I think. I'm going to have the sound turned down on the Pistons game, though. I'm sick of all the LeBron exclamations and I don't want to listen to the Cleveland crowd tonight. I'll have the Tigers game on MLB radio and I'll watch the Pistons. That, my friends, is the best of both worlds.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I asked this question the other night but I didnt hear from "U". Did yall feeel ' a little funny" when u didnt see Ben in THE FRO? the palace looked real subdued. also Sheed didnt do his center court hop either. I kinda did feel blah and I think if he GOES FRO tonight, we win by 10.....

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yah i wasn't so much worried about the fro as i was about sheed not firing the crowd up before the start of the game with his center court spinning. when i saw ben without the fro i was a little surprised, but i figured what was going through ben's mind, was that they'd take game 5 without the fro, and he'd bust it out if necessary in game 7.

personally i hope he busts out the fro AND goggles tonight.

12. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i want to reiterate the pistons forum motto for the day: think humility. wise words from microwave. i'm taking them to heart throughout the day and trying to live them myself in solidarity with the pistons.

And a quote from the late American novelist Henry Miller that backs it up beautifully:

"Acceptance is the solution: it is an art, not an egotistical performance on the part of the intellect. Through art, then, one finally establishes contact with reality: that is the great discovery. Here all is play and invention . . . the world has not to be put in order: the world is order incarnate. It is for us to put ourselves in unison with this order, to know what is the world order in contradistinction to the wishful thinking orders which we seek to impose on one another. The power which we long to possess, in order to establish the good, the true and the beautiful, would prove to be, if we could have it, but the means of destroying one another. It is fortunate that we are powerless. We have first to acquire vision, then discipline and forbearance. . . . the humility to acknowledge the existence of a vision beyond our own. . . . the great joy of the artist is to become aware of a higher order of things, to recognize by the compulsive and spontaneous manipulation of his own impulses the resemblance between human creation and what is called ‘divine’ creation."

May the pistons and we, their fans, all find ways tonight to acquire "vision, discipline, and forbearance" and so to tap into that order beyond the individual ego with its hopes and fears and become the artists that we are...

and lastly: think hunger, think freedom ("just another word for nothin' left to lose"), think fluidity ("be the ball danny, be the ball").

13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Listening to Chris McCoskey on WDFN. Basically, he says that people should quit blaming Flip and quit whining about the bench. Flip isn't out there missing shots and isn't telling his players to slack off on the pick and roll. Also, he said the bench hardly played in the 2004 title series over the Lakers. Basically, he says the Pistons' starting 5 are grown men and should be able to handle the situation adequately. They are just underperforming. McCoskey pretty much said, "Blame the starting 5."

14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Yes, that's definitely how I remember it. I think the pathetic Lakers' bench might have actually outscored the Pistons' bench in that series, or at least produced very similar numbers. The Pistons won that series because of their overwhelming advantage in production between the starting fives for both teams.

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I just watched the last five minutes and especially the Drew Gooden play. Here's where THE COACH must anticipate what the other team will do, Play by play:

As James goes right side of the key. Hunter and Rip are guarding the wings, Tay is shading Marshall and Ben and Dice are eyeing Lebron...
    Gooden floats along right baseline...
    Ben is the DPOY but Dyess takes it on himself to step out on the double team!.....
    Bron floats to Ft line and this is why u dont double a great passer- he dumps down to Gooden......
    Gooden didnt go straight up. He dribbles- up fakes- THEN layyyyyssss
    it in. Not dunk/not slam/ lay up!...
    Prince could have just wrapped him up or sent a message or just Tay highlighted it, but the blames lies with 1. Dice and 2. Flip for not having Sheed in to man the lane....

..but I'm still venting...we lost

16. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I still have not gotten over the Game 5 loss.:faint:

To add salt to injury, they have the Mavs/ Spurs game on instead (only 2 games a week) tonight. And I have yet to watch the Pistons play in the playoffs. I'm really pissed.:mad2: Only in the NBA Finals, they will have all the games 'live' here. And I still hope I can watch the Pistons play in the playoffs. So, please WIN the game tonight. :thumb:

What happen to the 'we've been waiting for the playoffs since game 7 of last year's NBA Finals'? No more excuse. Just play the game the way we're supposed to play and that is DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!:rockon:

GO PISTONS!!!

17. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

I have been wound up tighter than a drum since yesterday evening waiting for Game 6. The anticipation is killing me and it's like I am actually lacing up my shoes for the game, LOL. The boys gotta to pull it off.

GIVE THEM HELL MEN!:mad:

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BHQ your posts are getting better and mine are getting worse.
    We're supposed to have the best backcourt and front court. I want 50 from CB and Rip. CB needs to go to the hole on the bring up. Let Rip shoot the tre since his ankle is bad.
    Ps 90
    Brons 82

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When the Pistons were down 3-2 to Miami last year, a coworker of mine was getting on me about the Pistons. So, to shut him up, we made a very public bet here in the office. Of course, the Pistons came through and he has been silent ever since...

Until now that is when he jumped on the LeBron bandwagon. So I have granted him his wish to go double or nothing. Martin's disrespect seemed to rev up the Pistons last time, so I think it should get them going again this year.

20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I made an avatar bet with Slippy yesterday.
    We've got the series for sure now. :laugh:

(or you can call me Homer Simpson).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.