Round 2 Game 5 - 7pm Mon May 17 Clev at Det

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

[​IMG]
    I'll clean it up when I sober up, but it's a start.
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

ROFL...........Damn that`s hilarious
  3. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I'm suprised we got as close as we did.Chauncey and Dice woke up offensively somewhat.Why wait?We should have come out blazing.Flat play,no energy and no hustle.This team is not playing like they can and our backs are against the wall this game IMO was must win.No response what they think the get a free pass to the ECF?

Started out the 4th letting the Cavs build a lead again.Geez wtf?Is it over, is this it?The way this is going IF we win I don't even want to see what Miami does to us the way we are playing right now.
  4. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

My faith is unshakeable; we win in 7.
  5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

ahb,
    Anychance you could do a Brokeback mountain poster with those two?
  6. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

GREAT STUFF! :laugh: I am dyin over here. Needed a laugh after today's game.
  7. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

lol. yeah flips man love of evans has got to stop. even lebron was laughing when evans tried to check him. delfino is the key to our comeback. he's the one piston that can go to the hole when his outside shot isn't falling.

flip getting outcoached. messing up his legacy he'll always be remembered as a coach that couldn't get it done in the playoffs.
  8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

ahb, that is classic.

Well, I learned on Chat that not having Darko and Arroyo is the reason Detroit lost this game. Arroyo and Dice's chemistry is missed so much that it has disabled the Pistons so much that they have completely regressed from fairly easy wins in games 1 and 2. I feel so enlightened now. I guess it had nothing to do with Sheed's ankle and ineffective play from Lindsey and C-Note. 'Course, Flip has been completely outcoached by Mike Brown, who keeps talking about how "great" the Pistons are. Also, the Cavs' bench has outplayed Detroit's to the point that Flip doesn't trust them anymore. No Tony Buckets tonight. Cleveland wants it worse. And that has made all the difference.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Flip's system is kickn ou' butt right now. Dude is out of his element big time....remember when we used to score out of a timout. Remember when we used to get layups and dunks from our out of bounds plays.......ahhhh Larry why'd you have to be such an unfaithful lying SOB
  10. ggazoo69

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

True....true.....true
  12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

god, I hate being right sometimes
  13. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Don't know about making a difference but maybe Arroyo could actually move the ball and put up a few points in the process. CB looked like crap and Delk is not a true PG.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

are we still the same team that believes in making the extra pass???
    Remember this:
    -Play hard
    -SHARE the ball!!!!!!!
    -Have Fun
    Playing the right way has not happened all season
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We're the frikkin Indy Colts
  16. ggazoo69

Does not having Arroyo really mean we shouldn't get past the Cavs in a 7-game series? That's what I'm talking about.
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Lemme guess....same goddamned game plan in CLE
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

did anybody really think we'd win with Ben in cornrolls? I think that sent a message to our fans early and they never felt comfortable....Something is there...dont know what it is, but Ben aint there!:doh: and 0-7 will really get to him. I know his ego and that will really get to him.:frusty:
  19. max

max All-Star

I heard the post game on the way home Today. Prince said they should have went to Dyess in crunch time. He then added that its up to the players to recognize that when the coaching staff does not see it. Then Flip comes on with vague canned responces saying the Pistons have to get back to how they were playing in the reg season.

This is not the reg season. Clev is making adjustments. They are studying game film and its getting to the point where they know what we are going to run and what we are going to do.

Bright side. Pistons have played absolutely awfull for the 3 losses and yet they were all close. Only have to get one on Fri to shift the momentum in the Pistons favor. To do that the players may need to get together and try to figure this out on their own. Because they are not getting much help from the coach.

Bad side. I have completely lost confidence in the Pistons ability to close out games. Three games in a row now the Pistons were in a position to win and blew it.

Just win game 6 and game 7 is ours - I hope... I mean this can't possibly continue - can it?
  20. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

don't be a fool. darko plays the pick and roll better than any of our bigs. arroyo and mcdyess had a chemistry that anybody could see. it's not coincedence that two guys that couldn't get off our bench went to another team and made thier bench great. it's not exactly the loss of those 2 players it's the thought process that nobody except the 6 starters can help us win games. we have good players on our bench.
    mike brown puts his bench players in the game in a position to do well. he runs great plays for them. flip is getting outcoached. i'm still hoping he is sand bagging not wanting to show his good stuff until we hit miami. if arroyo was here lindsey wouldn't need to be in the game when we need some points. if darko was here would would sub in a quick 7 footer with an inside and outside game instead of mo evans.:frusty:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.