Round 2 Game 5 - 7pm Mon May 17 Clev at Det

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Series 2-2
    Wednesday May 17th, 2006
    7:00 PM

The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI

TV: TNT
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~
  2. roscoe36

Re: Round 2 Game 5 - 7pm Mon May 17 Det at Clev

I'm breaking out the king of rock'n roll avatar for good luck.
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I don`t know about everyone else but Im still pissed about game 4. The hell I caught at work because of gaame 4 I wouldn`t wish on anyone.

Anyway, it`s over, done with. Believe it or not as long as Sheed`s ankle heals ok we will be ok. I will get worried when the Pistons drop a game at home. If and when that happens we have a serious problem.

We are capable of winning on the road, however, if we lose every single road game and win every single home game we win a championship.

Strange way to look at things but sometimes this is a strange team......

Pistons will take the next two...
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'll be back at the palace so things will return to normal and you guys can count on a victory!! :P
  5. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The real Detroit Pistons will show up for this game. I expect to see energy and offensive flow and steals and rebounds and tipped balls...and a Piston victory.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ps 100
    CBs 69
    Good nite sweet Prince.
  7. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i'm gonna enjoy this game. i hope y'all do to. good luck everyone!
  8. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Time to see this thing for what it is, or has become anyway, and that is a freakin dogfight. Yeah we’re still the biggest dog on the block, but I hope the name on the tag doesn’t say G-O-L-I-A-T-H. Not many of us considered this a series that could go the distance but now its time to send the women and children inside and prepare to bring an intense battle for the duration.

Our first foray into Cleveland is history, what’s done is done, or should I say UN-done. I only hope we (Flip & Co.) have lernt from their (well ok, OUR) mistake of figuring on winning by virtue of showing up.

Hadn’t figured on having to breakout our hard earned, brand spanking, shiney new, one of a kind weapon to trump the considerable power of King James but here goes.

:laugh: :nod: H. C. A. :nod: :laugh:

Its power is omnipotent and 99.99% pure. It is the silvery lining to the “we can’t throw the ball in the ocean”, black cloud. It’s the big warm fuzzy. It bails our azzes out of Big Trouble In Little [STRIKE]China[/STRIKE] Cleveland. What I’m saying is it’s the big stick that lets you walk softly.

Riiiiiiiing !!!!! Wakey Wakey now.
    Time to release the pride, get down and dirty, and scratch and claw our way through a BEST 2 OUT OF 3. Got all summer to apologize for whatever hurt is inflicted today. We must put our hard earned advantage to good use and try to beat the fight out of the "Calves". GO PISTONS !!!!!
  9. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I expect a blow out, the starters will take control and not allow Flip to mess this up, however I've been reading and hearing some things that have made me concerned.

First, Flip said he thought the small ball unit played well at the end of last game. I guess he didn't notice that we lost, and that that unit didn't score the last 3 minutes.

2nd, Flip criticized Tay's coverage of Lebron and praised Evans', that just scares me.

3rd, Flip appears to be talking up Maurice to the papers.

4th, Evans seems to think that he's an integral part of this team. Why on earth was he mentioned more in the Freep and Detnews this morning than any other Piston. WTF is going on, am I in bizzarro world?

5th, I've still not heard from Flip, nor has a single Detroit writer asked why Dice didn't sub for Sheed.
  10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

perhaps, but they went on a run before that to get the game close.

several reporters asked, and it was the same answer about the small ball. evans' finger might be broken so we'll see how that impacts his minutes.
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

now you understand the enigma that is Mo Mayhem.
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Bro Hogg, I think we prefer u at the `Palace than in the chat room. As a matter of fact, if u go tyo Cleveland friday , u can stay with my Aunt!! Whatever it takes....:laugh:
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Am I the only one that thinks that Dyess has been a total puss when it comes to protecting the lane? It seems like he is always stepping out of the way or administering the lightest possible foul when LeBron drives at him.

That is why I don't mind Flip's decision to go with Mo. Evans has gotten under Lebron's skin a little bit, which means that he must be doing something right... b/c he sure isn't playing dirty.
  14. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Spanking tonight.I think we come out focused on this game not only for what happened but the players as much as they say otherwise see Miami is waiting.Hope they don't look to far ahead we still have to close this out in Cleveland we don't under any circumstances want a game 7.

Lebron has had enough taste of the playoffs time to send him home to drink some Sprite.
  15. roscoe36

Chat is OPEN!

* something new tonight, the second chat room is open, if people just want to chill or hang during the game. The stress of a tight game can get to people, so we're making allowances for that. "The Lounge" has been renamed, "Coolout Lounge".

You can switch chat rooms at the top of your screen.
  16. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

you're good man, you're good. perhaps we could install a buddha, or maybe better yet a bar in the coolout lounge. :)
  17. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

i am pissed
  18. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Imo the pistons are playing not to lose instead of to win. So far the first half has been just like the last 2 games come out flat and double Lebron, let guys like Varejao look like all-stars while the Wallace’s and McNice play like little girls.
    Getting out rebounded is unacceptable having more turnovers is unacceptable allowing desperation 3s by Damon Jones is unacceptable whining about every freakin call is unacceptable trailing 50-45 on your home court is UNACCEPTABLE!! WAKE THE F.U. Detroit play ball or kiss the trophy goodbye!!
  19. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Yep, I got pissed in the 2nd quarter and turned the t.v. off. This new Piston team is frustrating as ****.:frusty:

I tried to get in the chatroom, but couldn't get in. So....I'm just hangin' out waiting for Dallas and San Antonio.
  20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Chauncey's play hurt us badly--I counted 7 times that he made a turnover type play just when we were close. We run no offensive sets any more. We will not win if we do not run plays. Flip has shown no coaching adjustments. When we finally ran a play--Hunter to Rip to Dyss late we got a layup. We try and go down low but all that did is turn Isgouskis into a shot blocker. A poor, poor plan. I never thought we would win from midway in the 1st.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.