Round 2 Game 4 - 7pm Mon May 15 Det at Clev

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max

max All-Star

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Series 2-1 Detroit
    Monday May 15th, 2006
    7:00 PM

Da "Q", Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio
    Built 1994, Capacity 20,562

TV: TNT
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Alrighty now. That game 3 blues is behind us. Time to get back to business, right?

Another guarantee by Sheed, and I am very curious to see how he produces in game 4. After watching game 3, I see the Cav`s frequently ran someone at him when he was down on the block. That will probably continue in Game 4. Sheed must know where the double is coming from and act accordingly by passing or making a quick move to the basket if possible.

I look for Sheed to make a difference on the defensive end in this game.

Tay, Rip, and even Ben must not stand around and watch when Sheed is being doubled, a quick cut to the basket would be sufficient.

Should be a close game with the Pistons pulling it out 87-84.

3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

TNT's scrolling news bar during the Suns/Clippers game just now said that Larry Hughes will not be playing in Game 4, as I think was probably expected.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We don't stand a chance if Hughes doesn't play.

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

btw did anyone notice the time for game 5?? wednesday at the palace at 10:30 PM !??!?! WTF!!

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Lord be with Hughes and his family, but with him shooting 8-25, we need him in the line up to give the Pistons more rebounds to score on the other end.:eyebrows: Him missing from the line up throws another player in the cavs lineup that may even shoot better.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Winning game 4 isn't exactly urgent, but the Pistons don't have the luxury of losing this one any longer. The Heat are about to put away the Nets. Detroit doesn't want to mess with Cleveland too long or they will be up against a Miami team that is well rested and ready to steal the first game from the Pistons.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On the contrary Darth, I believe it is urgent. Yeah we can win games 5 and 6, and definitely 7 if it happens to go that far, but why sweat it? This series needs to be done by Wednesday as we don't want Shaq or ZO getting any rest while we are still playing on Friday. Plus the more rope you give the Cavs, the more confidence they get and the unforced possibilities can happen, like Rip or CB going down with a severe injury in game 5 or 6 that turns the series in the Cavs favor:doh:. My theory is that all games are urgent until you have 3 W's and your opponent has only 0 or 1.

9. Darth Tater

Yep, I agree with you. That's what I was saying, but I'll label it important. I'm saving urgent for game 5 if we lose the important game prior to it. :D

10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

NBA.com has it listed as a 7 p.m. tip, W'hog.

11. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Here's an interesting take based off of Mike Greenfield's NBA team rankings.

http://teamrankings.com/nba/7powerratings.php3

What stands out to me, when I look at that is probably what drives all Pistons fans nuts, but also should keep us from being worried at this point:

the pistons "sliding scale" of success (proportional to the quality of the competition): they are 8-2 against the top 5 (which is better than any other team by quite a bit); they are 12-5 against teams ranked 6-10 (better than anyone outside of SA); they are 10-7 against teams ranked 11-16 (worst among the top five, and tied for worst among the top 10).

This is obviously a team that brings it when it needs to and often doesn't when it doesn't. We can speculate that this is a dangerous game to play, and that perhaps when they do need to they won't be able to. But -- though I'm aware that it's not necessarily the case -- I believe their record this year suggests otherwise.

The Pistons will be fine, in other words... and we won't. :)

12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

hrmm interesting. the TV schedule i saw had it 10:30 and SA/Dallas as the early game. hopefully it's the earlier game!!

oh and good perspective, professor. they bring it when they need to, but yah it can be a dangerous game to play.

13. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

'GUARANSHEED' game. What else to expect other than a 'W'?

I'm a little worried about our play during close games in the 4th quarter esp against teams that have an all star guard/ forward (Wade, LBJ, Kobe, TMac, etc). We seem to have problem running plays offensively. Even with 5-10 point lead, we seem to run a few plays (esp pick and roll between CB and Sheed) and hope for 3s.

Defensively, our starters seems to be very tired and that's when these players lit off. I agreed that our starters should finished the game, not the bench but if that's the case, Flip should start resting the starters early in the 3rd quarter so that the starters would be fresher in the 4th instead of the starters playing the entire 2nd half.

Big game for Sheed, of course, CB and Rip tonight. Let's Go Pistons!!!

GO DEFENSE, DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!

14. Darth Tater

Sheed and his boys are showing almost a total disrespect for Cleveland. Dissing them like they are some sort of step-child or something. Pooh-poohing any notion that Cleveland has a snowballs chance in hell of defeating them. They better back up all that smack or they are going to look very foolish.

Sheed, I sure hope you can back up your trash talk better than Linwood and Slippy did in fantasy basketball. :boink: :laugh:

Pistons win a close one tonight. :fingerscr

15. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

We need to end this series as soon as poosible.

Not only do we not want to give cleveland any false hope, Miami is lurking out there, and even made the comment that they have an important date with the Pistons.

On that note, we also do not want to give the Heat any hope or momentum whatsoever that they can beat the Pistons who had a difficult time putting away a number 4 seed.[​IMG]

16. linwood

linwood All-Star

You may have one this year, but next year I will become, "The Annointed One".

King Linwood.

Master GM.

As far as Sheed goes, I love it when he talks trash. I don't give the Cavs any respect either. They get plenty of that from the refs and the announcers. I hope the Pistons slap them silly tonight. I hope Sheed scores 18 on 3's.

17. Darth Tater

:pound:You kill me, King Linwood.

I love Sheed's trash too. He's my fave.

18. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

No complaints about last games 4th 25/100 officiating???

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dang, Wood and Slip, sounds like Tater made you gag on some tater soup!
    Looks like low scoring again.
    Ps 80
    Brons 77

20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

No question the calls were tilted, but we played over that. My issue was that we instituted our "Red Sea" defensive scheme through most of the 3rd and 4th Qtr. That hurt us more than anything and what bothers me most is that every interview contains nothing but commentary on offense....."too many turnover, missed easy shots...blah blah, nothing on top of nothing about breaking up that Cedar Point line of Cavs going to the bucket all night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.