Round 2 Game 3 - 5pm Sat May 13 Det at Clev

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Sounds like a GuaranSheed to me:

"They did what they were supposed to do. We are still going to win this series. We're not going to let one game discourage us."
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sheed said in the locker room interview on WDFN that the Cavs will be playing their last home game of the season on Monday.
  3. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

Delk never got a chance with 4 minutes. Usually he is on when he is on but you never know in situations like this. He could have been a spark but 4 minutes isn't enough.
  4. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

Sheed needs to shut up. One of these times he is going to say that to the wrong team and fire them up.
  5. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

I see a whole lot of finger pointing over a game that really was to our liking most of the way through. We handled the boardwork ok, made good use of our fouls, and played stretches of outstanding D. Our only glaring weakness was turnovers. Starters as well as the bench committed them. It wasn't what the Cavs did with the extra possessions as much as what it prevented us from doing, particularly when compounded by our poor shooting. Two-thirds of our bench played like bench players do when in the other guys gym. It wasn't the first time.

The backbreaker:
    With a 8 or 9 point lead in the second half we were one score from forcing Brown into a timeout, and one 8-2 run from taking total control. We uncharacteristicly rushed several consecutive possessions, comming up empty, stalled out and Clev walked us down.
  6. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Re: Round 2 Game 3 - 8pm Sat May 13 Det at Clev

Normally, when the Pistons lose, they are disinterested/they don't show up. But this was different, at least in the 2nd half. The Pistons were actually playing and trying to win this one. It just didn't happen. They all seem to be struggling. So, the Piston didn't lose this game, Cleveland won it.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Just watched the game cuz i decided to work OT today. We lost cuz:

1. The 3 minute Mo Evans disaster. There was also the play where he fell back on his butt guarding Bron who passed to Sideshow Bob. Bob hit the layup as Mo (less tonite) tried to whack his ankles.
    2. there was a stretch in the 4th around the 6:00 mark when the Cavs started flying to the hoop(including Bron's underhand layup) and Flip (flop) did not get Ben back in til the 4 minute mark. He still hasnt learned taht in this town we win with defensive stops!
    3. +30 points in the 4th for the 2nd stright game. Bron avg 16 pts in 4th. I'd go to a 2-3 zone and make Marshall and sissy Boy beat us from the 3.
    4. The Scalabrine Factor. Every 2nd round we let some goofball come off the bench in a game to save his team. This time it was Sideshow Bob.
    5. Sheed was all mouth and the best way to keep him quiet is get him the ball early and force him to take it inside.
    6. Rip got over anxious in the 3rd. he had 40 written all over the place, but he settled to much off the jumper. Only 71 shots attempted, 18 were 3's. When Rip gets out on the break , we're lethal.

GAME 4...PISTONS 99-88.
  8. nenerojer

nenerojer First Round Draft Pick

I think that tonight the pistons completely had left outside ..in game 4 we will know if it has been only an episode or......series. The pistons seem to arrive tired in the quarter in which the match is decided. Flip giving little space to the bench finds again player then outside rhythm and little effective ...at last Evans and Delfino i have seen years in Italy between the 2 delf from the greater guarantees...Evans to them is only a good jumper here and to sure levels cannot play

ps sorry for my english.. has used google
  9. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

I know it is all over the press, but this is typical Pistons Game 3 (10 straight losses in playoff Game 3 roadies). And after most Sheed makes a guarantee. Therefore, I say things aren't bad but going as planned.
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm going to let this one go as the typical game 3 letdown. Not too worried overall.

However, without pointing fingers, (here comes the finger pointing) why didn't Flip call a timeout with about 2 minutes left? The game was still winable, and the Pistons seemed to be desperately winging it. Great time to regroup and focus.
  11. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Chauncey set the tone int he 1st quarter with 4 possessions in a small amount of time where NOBODY else touched the ball. That single handedly set the tone on offense: no movement. Thanks, Micro, as you said--The Detroit TEAM lost the game--what is with all the talk about the bench. Right again , Micro, only Rip showed up. We were not serious. We made no adjustments to Le Bron's passing as well. I did not have this series as a sweep--not with the Le Bron show. But please, let's not prolong this series. Cleveland should have won this game by 20 and couldn't hit a shot. They run such poor sets.
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Well, most people over here are keeping the loss in perspective.:) It's just one game. Our boys just didn't play as hard as necessary.

They'll get it right and move on to the next round. In fact, mark a loss for the Pistons the first time they go for their third win in the Eastern Conference finals as well as in the NBA Championship finals.

No worries. Just the usual bad feeling that comes with a loss. On the bright side, we are in the second round of the playoffs and have only experienced this bad feeling 20 times. We experienced the good feeling of winning 70 times. :nod: I like those numbers.
  13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

like i said, we played as bad as we did against milwaukee in game 3, except they blew us out. luckily cleveland cannot shoot and it keeps us in games. the refs screwed us at the end but we had our chance to put the game away up 9. chauncey had some good stretches but he had 4 or 5 extremely uncharacteristic turnovers...almost like he was waiting for the foul call he usually gets.

i don't have a problem with mo because he's done well in the playoffs, and he even had one extremely impressive defensive stop against lebron in this game, and has played decent defense against him this series.

as a whole the team played awful, time to regain focus, win game 4, then close it out in 5. darn pistons making me pay to attend an extra game :(
  14. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

"goofball." I love that. LOL. :laugh:
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Chauncey wasn't ballhogging.
  16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yer right, he gave the ball to cleveland plenty of times!! :eyebrows: heheh
  17. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

Yep, typical Piston basketball. They lose a game on the road so they can come home and close out the series before their home crowd. That's how I look at it. No need to get worried yet.

As many noted, the TEAM lost the game. But, we should give some credit to the Cavs. They played good ball down the stretch. They wanted (or needed) this game more than the Pistons, and they did what they had to do to win it.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Noone saw the game being played like that. But I think we're setting The Brons up for some Detroit BBall.
    Warming up the D is always a good thing.
  19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not worried at all, although I still don't like the fact that this team is incapable of sweeping a freaking series!! :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

I think we might just have to accept that this team likes to toy with their opponents a bit too much and tends to take some time off.

This just means we close out the series on home court in game 5.
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Whatever it takes to motivate himself. In this case, he picked the right team. Now Miami or San Antonio? I would be very surprised to see this kind of bravado.

A large part of being a dominating team is never letting them see you sweat. And intimidation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.