Round 2 Game 2 - 7pm May 9 Clev at Det

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max

max All-Star

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Series 1-0 Detroit
    Tuesday May 9th, 2006
    7:00 PM

The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
    TV: TNT
    Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Ambush? Do I smell ambush?

The Cavs speak of the Pistons with nothing but reverance. Detroit just pummeled them two days ago. The basketball world believes the Pistons are the team to beat.

Pistons must be feeling pretty good about themselves.

Home game tonight. What could go wrong?

Is it fat & lazy time? Defense?...we dun need no stinkin' defense.

Look out Detroit!!!!

No matter what, the Pistons take the series. But...a loss tonight would give us all a big headache until Saturday. A headache we can all do without.

This game is a big one, IMO.

Prediction: Pistons win a close one tonight.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

sorry guys i won't be at the palace tonight, so hopefully they can win without me!!
  4. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Game 2. Hope we don't get hangover on the win on Sunday. The game score start at 0-0. Whole new ball game. This time the Cavs are better prepared. We just got to play the way we play and that is DETROIT BASKETBALL. Coincidentally, it's DEFENSE!!!

It's not everyday that we can shoot 90% from the 3 point line. Hope we don't shoot too many, 15 to 18 should be fair. Got to go in the post more. Sheed should be the star offensively tonite.

GO D, GO PISTONS!!!
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Not a chance of a let down - not in the Palace.

I would not be suprised if it`s another beat down, maybe not as bad as Sunday, but a beat down.

Look for a let down but it will be on the road, perhaps in game 3.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, they do seem to have a history of losing the first time they go for their third win of any given series.

I think Detroit comes out fast tonight and then complacency sets in. I'm afraid Detroit will allow Cleveland to make it close before the Pistons prevail. Another blowout would be welcome though.
  7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I'm with Dlev. Beat down!
  8. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

No doubt about it, DT! :nod:

I'll take a repeat performance of game one in a heartbeat. But, I think it'll be a little bit closer this time around. With the combination of our fresher legs, combined with their mental, not to mention physical, fatigue coming off the tough series with Washington, we sort of ambushed them.

I still say we win by double digits, though. 101-89. :eyebrows:
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

With cleveland paper defense the pistons will get 100=, but to win we have to play our game which is defense, if we do that it's a win. 103-94.
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

No way this is a blowout.

Pistons 100
    Cavs 94

First to 100 points wins this one.
  11. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Ben will set the tone after he hoists the hardware for the fans.Maybe not a blowout, 98-87 Pistons.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat is open.
  13. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Got 20 on them already in the 2nd qtr. With 7min left------they ain't got game enuff.
  14. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

If the Cavs keep playing this badly they won't win a game in this series.
  15. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Maybe the close ending will teach the players to stay focused and be humble. Don't want to see a game 3 let down, especially with a couple of days off.
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like our guys lost their concentration and focus and made it interesting in the end. The Pistons were stuck on 92 for over 3.5 minutes, allowing the Cavs to chip away at the lead. If the scubs had been in there we may have lost that whole lead. Then again, maybe they would have played inspired instead of lackdaisical like the starters.

The only person going inside was Sheed and then he started missing like everyone else. CB failed to take over in the end by driving against the defense and picking up the occassional And 1's. We could have kept that lead at 11-15 if he had done that as he would have made his FT's...Rip had 17 pts, 15 from the free throw line..

Both teams will have three days off now to review their mistakes and hopefully the Pistons don't think this one is over and sit back on their laurals. I guarantee the Cavs will look at the 4th quarter comeback as a moral victory even though they came up short. Expect a tough game for the Pistons on Saturday unless they stay focused for 4 qts.

Good production tonight from the starting frontcourt. Not that much from the bench at all with 2 pts each from Delk, Evans, and McDyess.:doh:
  17. justise32

justise32 First Round Draft Pick

As you predicted, Sheed was big offensively tonight with 29 points. Defensively, the Pistons showed up. They scored more than we would have liked, but when it mattered, the defensive stepped up and made plays.
    Actually think the Pistons got bored with this game and almost let the Cavs back in the game.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

FELONIOUS whistles tonight.

'Nuff said.
  19. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Jumpshot jumpshot jumpshot jumpshot jumpshot ...turnover... jumpshot.

Hopefully this will convince the starters to execute and put their feet on the Cavs' necks when they have a chance to put it away on Saturday (Saturday?!). I say the starters because the fourth quarter was mostly their fault, although the contributions from Mc_yess, Hunter, Delk, and Evans were insufficient to say the least.

Credit is due to Flip for the Rip and-1 play call in the final minutes, although it would be nice if he could have inspired the players not to choke the lead away in the first place.

Anyway - Pistons up 2-0. So long as the Pistons didn't awaken some sleeping monster by giving the Cavs hope, that's all that matters.
  20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Good post, Dre. I pointed out in Chat that the Pistons let up on the Cavs late in the second quarter and got the usual "homer" response. The team clearly lost focus in the 4th. No reason for this to happen. Sometimes the pressure is on the better team to perform at their superior capabilities. Despite the Cavs being down 2-0, the pressure is on the Pistons to avoid a Game 3 collapse like they did against the Bucks. This team looked absolutely lost in the final quarter. And why is James allowed to tiptoe into the paint, receive a light foul and then get an FT? Foul the guy hard! Just go for the ball. He's going to get every call anyway. Geez, at least try to prevent the hoop.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.