Round 1 Game 4 - Detroit at Milw 8:30pm Mon May 1

Discussion in '2006 Playoffs' started by roscoe36, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

No ben isn't coaching this team, but ben said that since dice is playing better keep him in and flip agreed.
  2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

More numbers. Drunk as I am, I'm coherent enough not to be impressed or interested, and neither twisting my words nor wildly exaggerating nor excessively using the "p-word" is going to force me to defend or attack any of the players. I'll stick with attacking the coach, and everything Flip Saunders does stinks of fluky gimmicks. He's a born loser, and that's my final word on the Pistons.

I'm not interested in individual wins or points if the team or player doesn't play well and conform to my philosophy of basketball. Larry Brown is in many ways a fool, but he was right on that count.
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Great rebuttal, big man. nothing burns me more than allowing posters who have no knowledge of the game. Its the difference between a person who goes ro see Lebron vs Kobe, instead of Cavs vs Lakers.....Also, 1988 Lakers won back to back to back seven games series in beating the Pistons that year. At this time of year, i dont care how we do it or if Flip's momma is coaching...just get'er done!!!!!
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I like that you are always drunk.

I was a big doubter, but at one point, winning has to be enough.

I'll drink to that. But it takes a sum of individual excellence to add up to a win. You can't win without playing well. Even if it is only on one side of the ball.
  5. roscoe36

Thanks HQ, but AHB is straight. I just wanted to make my point about Evans and to a lesser extent, Hunter.
  6. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

How would you define "well" in the quote above?
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Welll...I'm like Gemini today(see my hockey post)...i am definetly not myself. I've been listening to 1270 all dayon my laptop in my cable truck( i have wireless internet) an:frusty: d its been theraputic to the point of murder:doh: I need game 5 today!:laugh: AHB is cool...not..maybe
  8. roscoe36

I forgot to put this one up.

[​IMG]
  9. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Well, I'm not drinking when my job requires me to actually do something. Luckily, that doesn't happen too often. I walk a fine line between being drunk enough to tolerate lawyers, sober enough to understand what everybody else is saying, and useful enough that they don't stop waiting for me to retire on my own. It's a hard life for an old man. :P

Certainly, but regular season wins are for low rollers. Winning does breed trust, but a ring or two would go a long way toward establishing credibility. Flip's body of work isn't yet that impressive where his name is "enough".

This series is wearing on me, so go Pistons in game 5. (Good work with the last picture, themicrowave) Professor, I could give a couple of definitions for my "well" or the more famous "the right way", but the short ones would be essentially circular and the long ones would be pointless. I guess it comes down to "I know it when I see it." :ohwell:
  10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The bench has been doing its job. Who would have expected consistent points from Hunter and Evans? Ben is in a funk. But he can come out of it. I still worry about Rip because there is an injury involved. If he were healthy, he could miss 20 in a row and I wouldn't worry. We will need a healthier Rip to go all the way. Don't have a clue as to whether that ankle is or will get better as the playoffs go on. Dallas may well be real this year. SA is showing weakness. We will found out soon.
  11. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Fair enough ahb, I imagine you're right.
  12. himat

himat Bench Warmer

ahb, don't start downpaying guys for that Game 3. Everyone played bad that game. lindsey, Tony, and especially maurice have produced great off the bench. Dice is always constant. As for Dale, and Delfino they won't get pt right now. Dale Davis's role is to play minutes on shaq so ben won't get worn out come finals time so that's when he'll start to play, and as for delfino I still have a little bit of hope that he'll be a "secret weapon" come further series:fingerscr. You're not really going to see the pistons shutdown the bucks because right now detroit is in the driver's seat, and milwaukee is fighting to live. The bucks will do anything to stay in it and they score.
  13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You're a fool. i don't know how much more you would expect from flip he's done a close to perfect job. Larry Brown is overrated. I used to think Phil jackson was overrated, but I was clearly wrong. Larry Brown has much more talent, and is playing in the weaker conference and look at the difference between the teams success. Bad charcter? Sure NYC has some bad chemistry, but look what phil jackson has done to the lakers this playoffs and kobe. This has nothing to do withb flip vs lb, but I'm showing you the difference betwen 2 coaches in the exact same position and how succesful one has been over the other. You expect too much out of people.
  14. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

There are many things Dale Davis could do for this team; guarding Shaquille O'Neal effectively is not one of them. He's the team's second-best post defender (after Sheed), third-best interior help defender (Sheed, Ben), and the second-best shotblocker and rebounder (arguably the best when Ben is having one of his disappearing acts).

He can handle Jamaal Magloire, Andrew Bogut, Z, Gooden, Haywood, Krstic, Collins, Mourning, Duncan, or almost any other post-up big the Pistons will face in the future, and in almost any situation a combination of DD and one of the offensive power forwards would help the team much more than the smallball/no defense Dice/Sheed frontcourt would.

But he never was all that great against Shaquille O'Neal, even when he was a great player in Indiana and Portland. Of course, now that Shaq is a slightly bigger Michael Sweetney, that may have changed - but I have absolutely no reason to believe that Flip would use him in that series. Flip hasn't given him the kiss of death yet by promising that he will be used, but most likely he's been forgotten.
  15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:amen:...I'm sure the Knicks fans and all of New York agrees with you...:wacko:...NOT.

What matters most to the world is YOUR philosophy on what is good and right...screw a teams record.:der:

Dude...I'm missing the point of your ranting and rambling.:rant:I guess I'm slow. It's not like we are the Detroit Chauncy's. 4 All Stars...because we play team ball. Best record in the entire NBA. How can you be so critical of the coach? We are leading our first round playoff series by a score of 3 games to 1. What's the problem? What do you want?
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

At this point of his career dale doesn't really care much about the minutes. He's doing what's best for the team and that is be fully rested to stop shaq and to help ben stay fresh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.