Rotations, part... Joe D: Jennings isn't guaranteed a starter job

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Aug 7, 2013.

1. max

max All-Star

We should offer Drummod + 1st round pick for Amir Johnson and watch the Wins pile up...

brofmfa and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  2. tnt1960

tnt1960 Bench Warmer

You're joking, I hope! LOL

3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Kinda like Jerebko? That makes three Jerebkos for this year. We have Singler Jerebko who can play 2-3, Jonas Jerebko who can play 3-4, and Jorts Jerebko who can play 4-5. They come in all sizes.

We must be the only team in the NBA that has a matryoshka collection of hustle boys without lateral quickness.

S.J., raxrets, BallDon'tLie and 3 others like this.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It looks like the starting lineup is going to be Jennings-Billups-Smith-Moose-Drummond. That's the recurring theme in several articles I read recently and those are the 5 guys you see when you hit the Pistons official site. 2 PGs and 2 PFs and a Center. It would be interesting for sure.

Talent-wise those are the 2 most talented guards and 3 most talented front court players. So, we would be putting our best team on the court, so to speak.

This is a lineup that goes against the grain in today's NBA. It'll either be fantastically disruptive, or depressingly ineffective.

5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I like the Jorts Jerebko nick.

6. max

max All-Star

thats my middle name - Max Jort .....

7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

If the number 8 pick in the draft can't beat out a 70 year old Chauncey Billups coming off an achilles injury, then we need some new people in the Pistons' war room.

8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Trade Kentavious! :mob-smiley2:

While he still has value.

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Shhh, don't let Micro catch you agreeing with a rotation that leaves Bynum out. lol

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

How many current Pistons could be traded straight up for Amir Johnson? In other words, who on our squad would Toronto take to give up Amir? Smith of course. Jennings iffy. I'd say Monroe and Drummond for sure. About it. The problem is, we gave up Amir for virtually nothing. Ditto for Afflalo. Only a few players on our squad right now could be traded for Afflalo. Not many more for Delfino. All gave up for nothing. If you don't like a player, keep it to yourself. Make him look good, and get something in trade. Don't announce you are giving players away for free.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  11. max

max All-Star

And where would Amir be in the rotation if he were here today? 4th off the bench? for what 6,7 mil a year or whatever he makes.

Can make a case for Afflalo. Dumars picked the wrong guy there. Still - not like he is a all-star.

I never like Delfino. He had such as bad attitude when he was here. We were the top team in the East back then - sorry if you could not start and play 40 mins a night Delfino. Good luck else where.

Ernie the Slow Adult and linwood like this.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Basically Delfino, Darko, Mejia, Afflalo, Rodney White (it pleases me to no end that we are still talking about Rodney White), Jorts, Mork from Ork, and Amir all would have been NBA all stars if not for everyone else in the Pistons organization being so bad at everything.

It is truly a wonder that Joe won a title as a GM while being so horribly incompetent.

And before you think I am appealing to Joe's success, let's talk about how amazing Amir has been with Toronto, or Rodney White playing in the Unko Debunkalogo league, or Sammy Mejia's amazing NBA career...

Maybe EVERYONE in the NBA is retarded except for Rodney White (who is not actually in the NBA, an oversight that will be corrected as soon as they make a camera that can capture his amazing hand speed).

As my friend @detteamdetteam might say, food for thot.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    coynejeremy and BallDon'tLie like this.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We need to take Amir out of these conversations.

Gross stats, per minute stats and advanced stats are all really strong and have been for years. He has played less than 20% of his career NBA minutes as a Piston and we got to see him for half his career from 18 to 21 years old. We basically saw his college years only. First season- 39 minutes. Second season- 124 minutes. It's the same as with Darko in that there is no point in drafting somebody that young if you aren't willing to play them or support their development. May as well get a guy like Jorts instead.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Glad you get what I am saying. Drafting young, immature kids, and then not playing them, is quite a waste. White was a nine pick, and Darko of course ever higher. Total waste of lotto picks.

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I really don't think we will have a problem with our starting unit. Its the bench I am really worried about. Really and truly worried. Cause between Dumars being pushy about who he wants to play, and well, he did just resign Bynum, and get two questionable guys from outside the system - and continues to carry guys like JJ and Singler who really just can't play NBA quality D. (Don't even want to mention he is still carrying CV.) Our bench, if Dumars actually has these sorts play, could be truly and utterly horrible.

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What evidence do you have that Dumars ever had input on who plays? He has always been very "hand-off" with his coaches. In fact, most have argued, yourself included, he should step in more.

brofmfa likes this.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Not every lotto pick pans out. Heck, you're still pulling for Mejia who is playing in the Lower Slobovia league.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No, I have argued that he should fire the coaches for playing the wrong guys - or, if he was orchestrating that mess, resign. Yes, there has been plenty of sources that claim Dumars decides who plays, whether he admits it or not. Can I prove any of it. No. So, again, I will say this, if the wrong guys are getting minutes, then either the coach needs to go, or the GM needs to go if the GM is calling the shots.

Of note though, its Dumars who put guys like Gordon, CV, Singler, and JJ on the team. Its Dumars that gives the choices of players that a coach can choose from to a large extent. Seeing guys like I mentioned before who are currently on the squad, but can't play NBA defense, I will continue to doubt Dumars ability to GM. Now, with that said, it goes one step further. What if the owner is hamstringing Dumars? That too, is also possible.

19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:bs:

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dumars certainly hired the guys who chose who plays (and of course subsequently fired them all).