1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Rip Signed to A 3 Year extension

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Nov 3, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Drafting Darko with the 2nd pick, bringing in a coach who lost in the 1st round for 5 straight years.

Just kidding, actually he has hit a couple of home runs today in my book. Sounds like a good price to lock Rip in for.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nice game from Rip tonight. Lots of ball handling, high assists, a bunch of points, and zero turnovers.

Rip's a natural.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Rip was due to make about $11 million next year anyway. A 3 year $34 million dollar extension just means Joe has extended his deal and provided him with financial security through his prime.

He didn't get a raise. In fact, depending on how it is structured, he may have even signed for a hometown discount....

If you read the Det/LBJ article on Yahoo, that might make sense.... :)

4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

THAT article, you know is based on speculations, and speculations based on speculations.( read : typical journalism)

Anyway, ppl maybe do not realize that pistons just got a discount with Rip's deal. SG's with numbers like Rip usually get 15mil per year, even more. ( rookie contracts excluded, of course).

PS. I think, Dice we'll be quietly back after a month or so.

5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Sorry D4E for just getting back to you but I was flying last night (on a plane lol).

Yes my Grandmother and Oak's Grandmother were twin sisters. They both were from Yuba City, Alabama. The families moved to Cleveland, Ohio sometime in the early 50's.

A very nice guy.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

With AI and Rip, we are going to have the 2 best mid range jump shooters in the league in at the same time.

7. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Is this a done deal?

Brown reminds Richardson of Spartans' Izzo - Detroit Pistons Basketball: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com

This was reported after the game, so it's quite recent.

Rip may end up refusing to sign the deal after spending time thinking bout it esp after all the media reports about how he and AI can't co exist and may end up stealing all his thunder in Motown.

8. max

max All-Star

Yes but they did agree on one in principle. Seems odd to happen right after the trade as if the AI deal is what spurred it. Maybe Rip wanted CB out?