Richard "Rip" Hamilton

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Feb 18, 2010.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Rip has been a large part of our trade discusions.. "gotta get younger"... and so on.
    Maybe he's not the right one to be moved (idea soon to be obsolete with the deadline passing)...
    I mean the guy has always performed over a course of a season... even in the playoffs he's been the one guy that shows (most times).
    Rip has the fire... he's willing to defend and pass the ball.
    The thing that keeps surfacing is his age and the need to move in a youthful direction... AND his boat anchor contract.

Is he too old?... who is the best conditioned athlete on the team?... Ben?... or Rip?... the guy has a workout regiment that is incredible... just maybe he can defy logic and stay on top of his game for two more years... not three but two years as his contract will be the topic of GM's desire in 2011/12.
    We know he's been difficult to move as most teams are looking to build a future (along with the pending uncertainty of the new negotiations)... so possibly BG is the guy that could bring home the bigger prospect.

We can talk about Tay on another thread.. but I'm 100% convinced that Daye will bring everything that Tay does... Tay is obviously the desirable contract to acquire.... it's always best to look at other teams needs first.
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

cleveland has filled their needs now, houston has find partners for TMac trade...Mavs made moves...chances are slim...but trade deadline itself has always been the busiest....
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Jerry Rice
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not sure how they would acquire him, but the Mavs could give themselves a heck of a chance if they got Rip.

That would be mucho $$$ and I'm not even looking for it from the Pistons perspective.
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was hoping someone would start a Rip tribute tread. :good: :MusicBigGrin:
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor