Real Training Camp

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by webz, Oct 16, 2006.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Any of you guys managed to catch any of these so far? I don't have NBATV (impossible in UK), but I watched a lot of the Denver one today on nba.com. It went for some 2 and a bit hours. It was very interesting to see the inside of training camp. George Karl was mic'ed up and was running a lot of defensive stuff on that day.
    Seems like he knows what he's doing, I began to wonder what our D would have been like with someone like him. He was riding JR Smith quite a bit. And man, how fast is Earl Boykins?!
    Anyone know if they do one for every team and when the Pistons one might be? Not sure Flip would let himself be mic'ed, people might realise he hasn't got a lot of things to say out there.
    Its well worth a look, its over on nba.com in the videos section. Might check out the Blazers one later.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I saw The Wizards and Nuggets so far... it' interesting stuff, about as close as we can get to behind the scenes strategy.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If he did they'd probably have to invest in some extra padding for the mic. Otherwise the wind transmitted from all that neck twitching he does would make everything he says inaudible.

Or they could hire a lip reader. Although it couldn't be a player, since they're getting too good at tuning him out.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Cool, I will get this on Raptors TV. Very nice.
  6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Roscoe, you will LOVE this. I've been glued to the tv watching these. It's pretty fascinating to watch the head coaches actually coach the individual players and the teams. Alot of you who know basketball really well will really like it. They are teaching and running plays and offensive systems. You get to see how the players respond to tough criticism etc. It's a real fly on the wall experience. Also the coaches seem to not be paying any attention to the camera, so they cuss and yell alot with subsequent bleeps by the network. :pound:
  7. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

The Hornets were fun to watch as they had an entertaining warm up routine almost like a dance performance. The coach was really positive. The Trailblazers were really boring the coach said watch your feet" about 300 times. The Nets had 3 different teams who played against each other and seemed to really enjoy the practice. When will the Pistons be on NBA TV? I'm looking forward to watching Sheed ham it up.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Still no word on the Pistons training camp... they're supposed to have all the teams on by Oct 28th...
    Today is the Raptors
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not seeing it on the NBATV Canada schedule for this week.

I seriously hate not getting League Pass.
  10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

don't fret roscoe, i don't get ANY games on tv let alone something like NBA TV! my NBA coverage is non-existant.

torrents baby, thats where its at. if anyone wants to be pointed in the right direction PM me. (not that I condone it) ;)