Rasheed Wallace Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Latinoking90, Apr 2, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think there's enough mutual respect on both sides that if both parties want the same thing, it will get done fairly easily.
  2. raxrets

raxrets Starter

if Sheed is ready to accept his diminishing role in this team, I see no objections why not mid level contract for 2 more years.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm a big supporter of Okur for obvious reasons, but even I can't honestly say that Okur+Milicic would get you another championship. That's a huge stretch. Sheed+Dice in 2005 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Okur+Milicic. If our front court was Okur+Milicic in 2005 we wouldn't have made the finals. If we had, we would've been swept instead of taking it to the last quarter of the 7th game.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I liked when Sheed and Damon Stoudamire were arrested for weed charges driving back from Seattle to Portland after a game and when the police asked if there was any more marijuana in the car Sheed replied, 'Nope, we smoked it all.'

I think it's ironic that all the things that people criticize Sheed for now like not being a 20 ppg scorer are the same things that allowed him to blend in to the 2004 team so quickly. How differently could things have turned out if he balked at something like setting screens for Rip and instead thought it was best for the team if he got the majority of the touches while the guards spotted up outside?

That being said, I hope they leave him in Philadelphia tomorrow where he came from and get someone like KG who will score inside and is not afraid to shoot at the end of close games. It shouldn't be any secret why he's won as often as he has in the league, the guy goes hard.

If that doesn't work out do a sign and trade for one of NJ's bigs. The Nets had close to 100 points in the paint the other night and that's how you win in the NBA, with big men scoring inside.
  5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Lemme get this straight...

Rip gets benched and gets a thread with a wreath and a framed photo, but Sheed might ACTUALLY BE GONE, but we need to reconsider?

That having been said, as much as I love the guy, I refuse to take part in tribute threads.

There....that should make me a better fan and a much better person than just about 75% of you all. :stirthepot:
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It seems like Sheed would be a great candidate for aging star off the bench. Unselfish to a fault. Solid defense without relying on athletic ability. Offensive game focused on the 3-point defense stretcher (Perkins-esque).

Plus, he likes Joe and and has a ship here.

Would love to see him ride this into the sunset as a well paid bench player who can step back into the starting lineup when necessary.
  7. Walter

I haven't been following the Nets, but if they could do that consistently they would be in better shape now. Our paint defense is mediocre at best.

That being said, I've been looking at the last 10 games they had and Lopez seems to be the one consistent contributor. He's averaging 12.9 pts and 8.9 rebounds in his rookie season. Would be a great add, but I don't see a reason why the Nets would give him up.
  8. max

max All-Star

I must admit that this thread has made me feel a little better about Sheed. He is a character but he should not be the main character and maybe thats been part of the problem. Back in 04 when he had one of those games where his emotions were getting the better of him we had Ben Wallace, Okur, Campbell there to pick up the slack. When he was having a great night then you could ride him to a victory.

My main fear about re-signing him is that the new coach will say all the right things about brining him off the bench in a complimentary role but will soon enough start playing him 40 MPG.
  9. Walter

The new coach? Who's that? Do you have insider information and holding out on us? Tellllllllllllll!!!!
    :nailbiting::gaah:
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's already been said he wants to come back and will take a lesser role. I'm not exactly sure if that's the current line of thought by him right now.
  11. max

max All-Star

There will be a new coach.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

PISTONS: Pistons Mailbag
  13. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When Big Ben left, so did a part of Sheed.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, the part that tries.
  15. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

So, so bitter...:tsk:
  16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

[​IMG]
  17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

wow poor guy.... between losing part of himself between sheed and brown.... his heart to the that college of his and I bet a big amount owned by his wife, he just doesn't have to much to himself anymore.
  18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed is a complicated individual. It is so frustrating to be a fan of Sheed. He is so talented at the game, but he is also so disrespectful of so many elements of the game. How can he be a role model for young players when he doesn't even bother to pay attention to the coaches? When things go south for Sheed, he doesn't dig deep. He just bails. I think the bad outweighs the good, at this point.
  19. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Too much attachment to Sheed, Ben, and LB still.

Two of those guys LEFT (LB knew exactly what the hell he was doing) and the other one mentally checks out.

It's not "bitter." We're not bitter at anyone. We're probably underwhelmed and disappointed as fans, but not bitter. You're painting us with WAY too big a brush.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If we can get Sheed for his new market price, then I'm all in favor of keeping him. He is a great interior defender and can still give guys like Dwight Howard a lot of trouble. Also, Sheed's offensive game is totally acceptable if he isn't the focus of the offense. As the 1st big off the bench next year, he'd probably have a lot more energy than he has now. He would also be a pretty good leader for the other bench players, if he embraced the role.

Of course, he is still good enough to start, but I'd like to see how he plays when he knows that he only has to go for 20-25 per night.