Przybilla offer

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by MainManJoeD, Jul 4, 2006.

1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Micro, what can we do with cato? Is he tradeable? Can we make him the starting center? He has a shot but looked slow on D. Still Davis is too old to be a starter. Is there any way to trade for Chandler?

We may have to go after Iverson now but for far different reasons than before.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We can trade for Chandler. But who do we give up? The only single players who will fit are Rip or Sheed. The Bulls might want Sheed so that he stops embarassing Nocioni.

See where I am going with this? Our starting frontcourt in Chi-Town? Kill me now.

We can sign and trade Cato in one single transaction, or sign now and wait until December 15th to trade him.

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Don't see the org paying for Iverson. If they wouldn't pony up the cash to keep Ben from going to division rival, up and coming Chicago, why would they invest $$$ in anyone? :mad:

4. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Thanks Micro. I like Chandler's game in relation to the Pistons. No, I would like to see Sheed in Chicago.

Linwood, where I am going with the Iverson thing is that now our core doesn't fit together. A Billips/Rip backcourt is too slow defensively without Ben backing up. Billips is up after next year. It may be time to act now and make a trade using Chauncey if it is possible. Someone said that he had a no trade clause though.

I worry now that we are stuck and next year we play at a below elite level and then our problems only get worse with Chauncey.

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree with you about the Iverson deal. I would trade Chauncey for Allen if it were possible. I just don't see it as being possible. But, I'm pretty pissed off right now, so maybe in a few days Joe can help restore my faith in the org.

I also agree that our defense doesn't just suffer, it becomes non-existent. And I can't stand teams that don't play D. Forget all this "New NBA" crap. The Heat won the championship this year by playing better D. They held teams to the low 80's and shut down the lane. The Pistons didn't bother. I think the Bulls will be contenders... real contenders next year.

6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Jesus, I guess if you're going to suck you might as well suck all the way and waste your exception on Pryzbilla.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm not so sure it was entirely about the money. I'm not so sure Davidson is cheap...I think he would pay for the right piece to the puzzle.

I was listening to a talk show tonight and what the guy said made sense to me.

He said that this weekend Detroit offered Ben 48 Million. They said "Take it or leave it".

Not "test the market and see what you can get and come back to us".

In essence..."Ben, we don't want you, but we gotta keep up our image because the fans love you, so we will make you this offer, but know it will get beat."

The guy said Detroit went from Champs, to Conference champs, to conference semi finalists. So Detroit thought they needed a shake up, but nothing too big. One important guy.

This makes sense to me. They probably figured they would win it all last year, so at the time they traded Darko, they figured Ben was worth keeping. After Miami beat us, they reconsidered. Problem is...Przybilla?

I remember having Przybilla on my fantasy team last year. He'd get some blocks, but that was about it. He would have a couple good games out of 5 or 6 and a couple of terrible games in there too. I finally dumped him, but only held on to him as long as I did because he had a great 2nd half of the year the previous season. So, I dunno. He has the potential to do well, but I remember him getting the injury bug too.

Anyhow, Ben gave us some great years. Maybe he wore out his welcome refusing to play for Flip that day and demanding to become a bigger part of the offense. Maybe they figured his skills were eroding. I dunno. But apparently, he wasn't wanted any longer.

Chicago...that may be the worst part of this entire thing.

Stevie Y and Big Ben in one day. Ouch!

8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Przybilla (I think it's spelled Pshibilla) would be a good deal- not too expensive, a big center with decent #'s in little time.
    Finally someone with the right height, probably the first true C in this team since Eric Montross :P
    If we really land him, it seems like Joe D's plan totally failed, but he seems to make the best of it at least...

9. linwood

linwood All-Star

We were very successful with Eric Montross. :doh:

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The only difference I can see between Prissy & Glyniadakis is that Glynnie can score and shoot FT's... I'm dead serious ...why waste the MLE?
    Lindsay should just be a player coach (more emphasis on coach) and used when defense is needed... he can't drink from the fountain forever.

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

There is just nothing to make this better. Prissy, Glinny, Chumpo... doens't matter. We had the 4 time DPOY. The heart. The face of the franchise. I can't think of anyone that could replace him.

:frusty:

12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

we can't replace ben so don't waste it on a centre who may or may not be better than a DD/Cato combination 2-headed monster.

get bonzi, he likes to rebound and might get sheed in the mood. (for rebounding hopefully, not the bad stuff)

we have to give our draft picks a chance at some point. J-Max at least and maybe Amir. (even though they aren't centres). we could have a rotating 5 headed monster of sheed, dice, DD, cato and j-max. at least the name sounds cool. Rotating 5-headed monster

13. daveg725

daveg725 First Round Draft Pick

What I will say is this. When we got ben--no one thought he was good. JP MIGHT be the same way. We have a penchant for making players better than they normally are around here.

Also people are talking about his fouls per game--think! He was playing in Portland--their guards play ZERO defense...that leaves him to pick up fouls on penetration. Also--there is a war going on in Portland, bad situation all around.

14. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Przybilla is okay. He'll block shots, hold his own on the boards and work hard. In Portland he was one of the few professionals in a madhouse, and he made himself into a good player after leaving school way too early. Plus he's better offensively than Ben, not that it takes much. People here will like him if they avoid the temptation to punish him for not being Ben.

We need size. Don't be fooled by all that "small ball" talk, just because you saw a few playoff games. If you were howling for the starters to get rest in 2006, figure out how worn-down our front court would be playing out of position against bigger men for 82 games.

15. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Good point about the size/fatigue issue. Pryz @ MLE is likely a tradeable contract anyways if it doesn't work out. We're capped out, so let's add the asset while we can.

I was not comfy about Bonzi. Bonzi + Sheed + Flip = Blazers East. I was willing to try it if we still had Ben, but now, no. We'd need to make other changes anyways, so lets get our slasher elsewhere.

16. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I can't help but wonder if Ben will stay as sharp. Big Money, less talent around him, soured on this coach--could happen again. He'll get paid, but money isn't everything.

17. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

oops---didn't mean to be offtopic here-----should have added that who we might get, even if it's Prys, might be enough.

18. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It sounds like it's going to be long drawn out thing. Maybe down the road, but in the meanwhile Detroit better grab someone before all the "good" ones are gone. They are going faaaaast.:bolt:

20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If Pryzbilla can give us 7ppg, 8rpg, and 2.5 bpg i'll be somewhat happy. I'm more worried about the team not caring next season. In 04 we were not Big threats because we were missing one piece. When Joe found that piece we won. Now we lost a piece and have to find another, and Joe can find it. Will Dice, Sheed, and the rest of the group really care though?

Chicago made a bad move and I think it hurt both teams. The Pistons get nothing in return for there franchise player. Chicago will need to pay up Hinrich and some other players when Ben is taking away 15 million every year. Tyrus Thomas won't be able to be great in 1 year he isn't Chris Paul. Ben is going to get all the fingers pointed at him if they lose. Chicago is going to hate itself if Ben gets injured.

After we lost to Miami and before Ben went to Chicago i didn't want CB, Rip, Sheed, and Tay to make the all star team. Now I do. It will suck if this group had it's last game with Ben sitting on the bench and watching the team die. It would make it great if all 5 of these guys came together one last time and got the East back from a big time deficit. A guy can dream right?