Przybilla offer

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by MainManJoeD, Jul 4, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pryzbilla is from Minnesota.
  2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Roscoe is exactly right about Flip.
    Because he's American? Because the Pistons don't sit their starting centers in the postseason to play smallball? Because he lives in Wisconsin?

Godzilla is dumb as a post and injury prone, but I'm not convinced he won't be almost as effective as Ben was under Flip Saunders (i.e., not very).
  3. booggerg

booggerg First Round Draft Pick

If this rumor holds out to be true, then is it safe to say Joe is not looking to blow up the core players with ben gone?
  4. max

max All-Star

You guys should look for some of the advatages here. Now any Darko talk I am not buying because as talanted as the kidd is he is not right in the head.

If we get Przbilla for the MLE thats a 9 mil/yr savings over what we would have had to pay Ben. Thats 9 mil more to retain Billups with and to not lose any young guys if they work out.

hey it happened, we lost Ben. Nothing we can do about that.

This news actually cheered me up some, I hope we can get it done.
  5. max

max All-Star

Does anyone not agree with this? There still may be some Flip supporters out there but I think its pretty much a concensious that Flip sucks and would have still sucked whether we had Ben or not.

On Prryzbilla - I finally found a shread of good news here to be happy about.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ok, I'll try to keep an open mind... go Prissy... PPPPP Pryzbilla (que Good Humor chime)
  7. max

max All-Star

if you are looking for something he did average slightly more BPG in his limited mins than Ben did last season.

I am not too familiar with him actually. He is supposed to be a defensive minded Center who sometimes is overly aggressive in the paint which leads to foul trouble. Also a knock of being injury prone. Guys agree with that?

You get what you pay for I suppose.
  8. roscoe36

Sorry, I hate to crap on your parade. Good news is hard to come by.

Long term, signing Pryzbilla means that the Pistons are not committed to paying luxury tax. If CB is going to get a new deal, the Pistons will have to get freer with their money, win a title, or start moving other expensive pieces not named McDyess (trade kicker).
  9. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Heres Ben's pre Detroit Stat line:

228 Games total - 113 started

averaging around 20 mpg (not counting rookie yr -- bench sitter)

3.75 ppg, 5.8 rpg

Przybilla:

285 games (206 started)

20 mpg average

4 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.8 bpg

The point being they are very similiar to start. Nevertheless, to say JP will be BigBen is another story.
  10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well if he signs, i guess it's not a terrible consolation prize, but it doesn't exactly excite me
  11. kpaav

if it did you would be a pretty boring person
  12. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

signing Przybilla would be equivalent to when San Antonio signed Rasho to replace David Robinson, except they still had Timmy Duncan and we have Will Blalock.
  13. max

max All-Star

Believe me its no parade. Just kind of relieved that getting Bonzi and trying to become the PHX of the East is not the answer to losing Ben.
  14. roscoe36

Bonzi is a swingman with 3 point range, and a superb rebounder.

Frankly, Pryzbilla fills a need. Bonzi would be the better spin and publicity signing. Besides, do we really feel great about Delfino being Rip and Tay's primary backup?
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

60M for 4 years was Ben's price to move on...
    That is a crippling contract when your owner won't budge

Another source showing the terms
  16. roscoe36

You gotta love how the Chi-town media are thrilled to get Ben, and the local beatniks will try to downplay his contributions.

@AHB - if Pryzbilla is thick as a brick, maybe he won't ask to be part of the offense. :P
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Przybilla the Vanilla Gorilla.

Hmmmm...well, under the circumstances I suppose we could do worse. But is he really better than Darko?
  18. cwolfson

cwolfson First Round Draft Pick

Well, at least the difference between keeping and losing him (60/4 vs 50/4) wasn't a "measly" $4 million (52/4 vs 48/4 as originally suggested). As much difficulty as it creates for the Pistons, they always said they wouldn't pay Ben those kind of dollars (60/4), and I don't blame them. He doesn't score, at all (and please don't tell me about him being more involved in the offense under Larry Brown) and is a joke at the free throw line. If Ben were Bill Russell maybe, but, as good as he is, he isn't Bill Russell.

PS On free throw shooting ... I can't help feeling that any guy, no matter how lousy he is at the free throw line, couldn't make himself at least a 60-65% free throw shooter if he dedicated himself to that improvement over one off season. Can anyone with some actual playing experience offer any insight on this?
  19. kpaav

Yeah, a lot of the bigger guys (SHAQ) claim it is hand size screwing with their rotation
  20. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Sounds fine with me. Przybilla can actually catch passes and go up strong, and he sets hard picks - I remember the Blazers killed us with dunks off the high S/R in one of the games they should have won last season, and with a shooter like Chauncey there's no reason that he shouldn't get a few layups a game (pick-and-roll - imagine that).

I will miss Ben's crazy Dream Shake moves with the ball flying out of his hand, though. :(