Preseason Pistons vs Heat ~ October 22nd

Discussion in 'Preseason 2005/6' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I didn't know the heat wpuld look so bad.
  2. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Darko and Shaq

Watching the game now. We were out and I taped the game. For all of you who think Darko will not be able to play with Shaq, just check out between the 5 1/2 and 6 minute remaining mark in the first half. Darko was keeping Shaq from going deep and while doing so, reached around him and batted the ball out so that we got a fast break. Right after that, when Shaq bulldozed him, he came right back and bulldozed Shaq, but of course, got a foul called on him. He played Mourning tough, too.

Not a star but will be competent this year - - - this year!!

The whole Piston team looks more like a team, like ten times more, than Miami. They have a lot of work to do. Bet they don't get it done, either. Detroit wins home court in the east, all the way.

I know this is just a pre-season game. I know. But I think the Pistons will build up a lead and not relinquish it.

Davis is playing well as is Evans. Sheed and Rip. Heck, they all are.
  3. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Sheed

Does Sheed have FatWanes number, :yo: :yo: or what!!

He is flat-out locked down.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

reply to TBird

TBird, you took what I wrote not as I intended. No, decisions are not made on one game. But from what we saw from this game, if that were all we had to go by, then we could leave Hunter off the roster. Miami simply, for this game, looked like no threat at all to us. I meant to say no more than that.
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Lee, using your logic then I guess based on THIS game Miami can leave Wade off the roster too. :crazy:
  6. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

thanks Lee256

Seriously Lee, thanks for the recap. I've got League Pass but it seems that any exhibition game that's not carried by Fox Sports gets blacked out when there's a local (Celtics) game on. Good to read some game action.

Is Delfino going to be running that baseline scam on free throws all season? He was doing it in the early exhibition games and I thought the opponents would eventually catch on. :)
  7. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

8. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

darko showed that he can play shaq and play zo. i was at the game and darko posterized zo on that pick and roll. it was wiped off because of a charge call but it sent a clear message to zo. darko did not back down to shaq or zo. shaq thought he was going to just bowl darko over but darko didn't budge and gave shaq a bit of a hit right back. he just doesn't have the respect right now so he got the call against him. also the shaq didn't have to play darko in the pick and roll. but during the regular season if you put sheed in with darko shaq should have to guard the pick and roll every time down the court. i'm hoping as the season progresses that darko can play the role of shaq stopper that ec played last year.
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Where's Luigi?
  10. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Wow

THat was a great stuff by Delfino on the freethrow putback. :nod:
  11. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I guess we are losing the exciteent of the preseason. We were posting video of the wack games, but as the preseaon progresses we don even get the usual recap and we played the almighty Heat. What gives???
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

What's this "we" stuff? I missed your recap and video contribution. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth bro.
  13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

damn, Diesel becomes more and more fat each year. Been some years he looked like this or am I am wrong?
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I needed to see for myself what the Heat looked like before I could really say what I thought, and I was right. Those were bad trades first of all the Joneses could make the outside shot consistantly, and Antione Walker, Posey, Williams, and Payton can't shoot for crapp. Eddie and Damon are pretty young, and they traded them off and got older. this team has no future except Wade and he can't do it all by himself, Shaq is going to be gone soon so take away those 28 points he had yesterday and look what you have.
    Who did Tay gaurd yesterday? I know he didn't gaurd Wade because Rip did and he did a hell of a job, Rip's getting a lot better on defense.
  15. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think we still had some great recaps of the game. Thanks Lee. I don't know why people keep busting on him for his opinions in this section.

Miami poses some interesting scenarios. They have talent but lack chemisty. Some people expect them to gel later. But how long until SVG get PR's shoe tattoed on his backside? Then they have to adjuct to the coach. I am not going to believe that this team is going to knock themselves out of contention. That would be too easy.
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If the Pistons play as well as they can in my opinion the Heat won't be able to beat them in a 7 game-series.
  17. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Miami Article

That articles sheds some serious insight into the the state of the Heat right now. Reading between the lines, it seems that D Wade is extremely unhappy having to be the 2 guard. The question is, if they do start putting the ball in his hands as the PG, who does that leave at the 2? PAyton and J Will cant shoot, and maybe they throw Posey as the 2 and Walker the 3? Either way, the Pistons should feast on those mismatches.
  18. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

More range for way downtown

Anyway what I really liked last night was the fact that Delfino and our very much slept on FA pick up Evans are going to definitely improve our 3pt shooting. It's no longer just Chauncey alone along with Sheed knocking one down every now and then. This season if Tay can continue to consistently knock some treys down (as he did last night) along with CD and Evans stretching defenses off the bench for us it will no doubt be a good look for Detroit. As much as many of us wanted to pick up a pure shooter over the summer I can truly see now that we didn't acquire an exact pure shooter... But we clearly have improved our overall team range from downtown, perhaps if Delfino was able to make it through the season last year he could of helped us in that dept then as well. Hopefully CA continues to shot the ball when he's open because I do believe he is a decent shooter as well. If he could evolve into a 3 point threat as well our squad would be even that much more dangerous!

BTW that charging call on Delfino was pure BS to say the least. He set up DMC beautifully (pick&roll) for the sweet SLAM over zo, to call a charge on CD well after he's passed the ball and is not even going towards the basket was just a bad call. Nothing worth crying about though, our squad did their thing anyway. GO PISTONS!!!!!!
  19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You guys should of seen shaq on the bench last night he was probably saying " I wasted all this money for this BS." We have a rematch against Dallas this Tuesday.
  20. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Shaq's Money

He got plenty to waste. I wouldn't cry for him.