Preseason Pistons at Bucks ~ Oct 19th

Discussion in 'Preseason 2005/6' started by Zoso, Oct 19, 2005.

1. max

max All-Star

Alex Acker

13 points ( 4-6 shooting ) and 9 assists in only 22 mins. Why is it that I am the only one impressed by that? Even the Detnews article today there was only a mention of him getting burned for 19 points and 9 assists by Ford but Billups was also on him.

Its only one game but to me rasises a lot of questions on who should be part of the rotation. I am starting to lose patience with Arroyo. Acker could be that elusive 3rd guard that Dumars has been searching for.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yes I believe Acker did great, he at many times knew when to shoot and when not to. Acker did very well against one of their smaller point guards and scored whenever he wanted to.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

hi

MoTown Pride, hey, I am not going to write a book everytime I write a post. You sound like a lawyer. Of course, to make a good pass, first you got to dribble the ball, while under control and ready to make that pass, to the right place from which the pass must be made, all while protecting the ball. You have to know how to arrive at the right place at the right time to make the pass to the right person, just as that person gets to the right position.

Arroyo is a very good passer along with being a decent dribbler. Delfino is a dynamite dribbler with ok passing. Both end up making good passes.
  4. max

max All-Star

Yes

Especially considering it was his 1st NBA appearance in extended mins. Not a bad showing.
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

you don't have to dribble the ball to pass.

not a lawyer but thanks for the compliment. :)
  6. max

max All-Star

Arroyo

Arroyo is one guy with a lucky year. One lucky year in Utah when all the stars alligned for him or whatever. Anyway I have not seen any of the hype realized for this guy.

Would not be so bad if he was making less but 4mil/season? Him and Hunter combining for around 7mil/season? For what?

The future is Alex Acker. Going on a line here but I can see Acker picking up most of the backup mins at the 2 guard positions by sometime mid-season.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Max,

Did you bump your head or something? Just a week or so ago, you thought we should cut Acker and keep Dupree. Now, after 1 preseason game with extended minutes, you want to move him up in the rotation ahead of Hunter AND Arroyo?

What next? Amir Johnson able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!!?! :P