1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Post 30for30: Is anyone else thinking about Isiah-GM.. ?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Apr 18, 2014.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Man.

He made a million and one mistakes with the Raptors and the Knicks. But man. He was great in the draft. And maybe he's learned some important lessons? He just still seems so intelligent with regards to the game, the modern game too. And I think he'd want to build the exact kind of team I'd want to see here (the kind Joe used to want to build).

If you got him a great analytics guy (I've heard that the one already in place here is sound). If you got him a great cap/trade execution guy. If you got him a great lead scout. Could it work? It'd definitely excite the fan-base.

Bill Laimbeer as his HC? Hell. I was even thinking that'd be a good idea too. He'd for sure give us the kind of attitude we'd like to see on the court. With some exceptional tactical and positional assistants ('Sheed, Chauncey...perhaps a Battier, if he retires?). Could that work?

Thoughts?

2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

It's a dogfight between Isiah and Sloan for the advanced scouting gig.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  3. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Something we agree on? This is crazy!!!!

I like Zeke. I think he is what this team is about. He is also extremely good at spotting talents in the draft. Pity his trading record is so pathetic. I'd be happy for him to be in the big boy chair.

Laimbeer could work. I like the idea. But he will be about defense and how much defense do we honestly expect out of Jennings/anyone at the SF spot on this team? I think he could do great things with KCP/Smith/Drummond though.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

A few things here:

Was Joe holding the analytics upside down when he signed Smith and Jennings?

Hiring Zeke might be enough to lure Bobby Knight into the fold as the assistant GM.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Larry Brown will be the assistant GM and John Beilein will be the video coordinator.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You're way off. LB was supposed to be the GM. (He has a great relationship with Isiah recently saying, "I don't like the way he (Zeke) treats people.". )

Bob Knight was the assistant-GM and Beilin was going to hand pick the video coordinator for the Pistons.

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  7. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

He did have an eye for talent but I wonder how much those surrounding him affected the bad trades he made. I'm willing to give him a chance because I think he really cares about the Pistons. Also, as a perk I think can be a perfect mentor for Brandon Jennings and Peyton Siva. Can you imagine once Jennings starts playing with discipline? We'd reach the playoffs for sure, even if our roster is mismatched.

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Zeke can't both be the GM and mentor our PGs. He would need to be the coach if you want him to mentor those guys. Which wouldn't be a bad thing IMO. I'd rather see Zeke as coach than GM.