1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Portland Trailblazers Nov. 30th, 3:00 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 24, 2008.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This stat is not surprising. Walter's biggest defensive weakness is when he gets matched up on the perimeter with someone quick. If he can match up with someone a little slower afoot, Walter can stay on the floor.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

My contention is that he is too slow to play at small forward, and at power forward, not enough of a rebounder or shotblocker. In other words, Herrmann at power forward is pretty much playing small ball.

When we get Dyess back, thats Amir, JMAX, Dyess, and Sheed we can choose ahead of Herrmann to play power forward minutes. Not to mention Curry's favorite there this season, Tay.

PS, everyone we have tried with Afflalo, Stuckey, Amir, and JMAX has done quite well in the 2nd quarter. Those four can make anyone look half way ok. Matter of fact, I think we should just start these four, with Sheed. Then, as needed, bring in the old line starters. Again, as needed, and if needed.

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IMO, it matters. If Wade scores 30 and has 0 in the last 4 minutes of a close game that's huge. I fault Fabio, but at the same time i don't understand what MC was thinking with having him out there in the 1st place.

----

LOL, I see where you're coming from with that, but we do have a player that was outplaying a majority of the team (Max) who would have been better in the situation.

I feel Jarvis vibes all over again. Every time Hermann has a game where he scores 15+, i cringe. The thing is Hermann is not completely useless. MC just has to pick and choose when to play him. And that's not in the 4th quarter guarding BR.
    It's really unnerving b/c at first you could say it was Stuck/AA, and just Rip/AI not playing well, but then it was Stuck/Rip and the same thing happened. Any combination - AI went on a huge run.
    You're right. Just the actual act of the post up whether he shoots or not opens up so much. I really dislike this "Princeton" style offense and i don't like how Sheed has to be the one setting the screens and ends up on the 3 pt line all the time b/c he's the only big that can shoot. I'm not intricately familiar with it, but i think that's a product of the offense.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Thank you. It is either that or Times 2 cuz she's the second Slow One.