1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Away Portland Trailblazers Monday, November 11, 2013

Discussion in 'November 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Pope should not get another single DNP-CD this whole season. I don't care if he is stinking it up on offense, he is a better defender than anyone else we can stick at the 2.

del, S.J. and linwood like this.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Face it....its the defense....and you are not going to win that many games giving up over 100 points unless you got good shooters where the team averages 10 makes a game. The last three games, losses, the defense has given up 109, 119 and 99.

In terms of three balls, tonight we were 3-14 and they were 11-23. But it wasn't just the 3 point ball that beat us.....they killed us on the inside despite our team winning the points battle in the paint. I wasn't sure if that was Robin Lopez out there or Brook Lopez.... Robin came in the game averaging 6 and 5 and finished tonight with 17 and 10.

Our bigs did not look good stopping theirs in the pivotal 4th quarter where once again Mo seem to hand the game to opposition again with Stuckey, Singler, Bynum and a rusty BoT out there. Bynum did lead the team in assists, (6) but had 2 crucial turnovers that allowed the Blazers to stretch it out.

Josh Smith scored 11 in the first quarter went into the locker room and doesn't appear that he ever came back out.

No foul trouble for Dre tonight and he played what was probably a career high 42 minutes. He got a 16-16, as he and Lopez had a personal battle going on all night including offsetting double techs...

Jennings tried to bring them back in crunch time scoring 9 points in the closing 4 minutes but both he and Monroe missed their last 2 shots a piece and the Pistons fall on the road for their 3rd straight loss. The defense is still not there and this is going to a rough road trip with possibly the only victory coming over the Lakers ...if they can contain their three ball shooters. There will be no Kobe or Steve Nash in this game, so hopefully we pull it out.

S.J. and linwood like this.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I like how scrappy Andre has been. He's really bringing a Detroit attitude to the games.

How awesome is it to have a second year guy averaging a double double?

del, S.J., linwood and 1 other person like this.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm in the same boat. And... we need to make a plan to watch a game together.

Walter likes this.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I have no clever, comedic response to this. Too close to home now.

6. roscoe36

I approve of Walter seeing a game with Linwood. Linwood has the all time Pistons record for most games seen with someone else from PF.com.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Me too, is there a nodding head smiley?

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

This may be un-popular, but the problems with the Pistons D is that they get so many of our favorite points in the paint and offensive rebounds. Without looking I bet that they're probably the only team to be highly ranked in PiP without having a guard being the main reason for that.

They crash the offensive glass at the expense of getting back on D. Count how many times Monroe is diving on the floor to go after an offensive rebound. If he gets it great, but if he doesn't it's 4 on 5 the other way.

Monroe also goes roughly 300 x harder for offensive boards than he does defensive ones. There were a couple of times last night where he had position and the ball was 4-5' from him and he never moved letting the ball bounce on the floor to someone else.

I think they'd be better served playing off of Jennings offensively,

Kyle Singler came in with about 4:30 left in the first and played until there was about that much time left in the 2nd Q. He did not do one thing, not an assist, not a screen, in that time. LBJ is less of a fixture in the Heat lineup.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

How much better off would the Pistons be if the traded Singler instead of Kris Middleton? Middleton can play SF in the NBA.

Another stupid move by Dumards!!!

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

LA Dre and roscoe36 like this.
  10. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Singler is hitting the Sophomore wall or something like that man.
    It really seems that "Buckets" can't score one.

I'm all on favor to give KCP 25 minutes per night.

There has to be a coincidence about being horrible at three point shooting and not having a good shooting guard.
    The word "shooting" repeats.

11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I was at this game...through the 4th quarter the Blazers had 33pts off of 3 pointers (as the Pistons were down 10) and the lion share of those were either wide open or with Singler or Stuckey sprinting back late after hanging out in the paint....AGAIN. Par for the course: Rodney Stuckey was 4-15 and played 34 MINUTES. 34! .....THIRTY-FOUR MINUTES.

Until Mo Cheeks either...
    A) Decides to actually try to defend 3pt shooters
    or
    B) Stops playing Rodney Stuckey
    ...I am off the bandwagon.

BallDon'tLie and BillLaimbeer like this.
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Mo has learned that 2 of teh 3 bigs have to be on the court at all times- GOOD!
    But if you're going to play 2 of the 3 at all times we desperately need a very good SF coming off the bench. I still say Wilson Chandler is the ideal person for that position although I have NO IDEA how to pull that trade off. Tobias Harris would be interesting too.
    We're struggling mightily to defend the 3 pt line.
    Offensively we're OK.
    As has been stated we're struggling on defense. We're the easiest team in the league to pick and roll. Jennings isn't going to fight through or over a screen, Monroe and Drummond can't figure out what they want to do either. Until Mo, Jennings, Monroe and Drummond get this fugured out....it ain't gonna be pretty. I suggest watching tape of how Dyess, Sheed and Ben did it. Ben would hedge, Sheed would cover the pick setter and Ben would recover to either Sheed's man or whoever helped Sheed. The guys have to get on string defensively.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  13. roscoe36

Wilson Chandler.

14. Pwn Toney

Oooooooohhhhhhh!!!! I was all like, "WTF is he talking about???"

15. roscoe36

Honestly, I am not worried. I have been following basketball long enough to know that the best manifestation of a team is rarely shown in November.

16. Pwn Toney

True...I'm likely doubly annoyed because I had to eat crow in front of all my Blazer fan friends. But this team IS horrible defending the 3...laughably bad. ...and Stuckey still sucks....just sayin...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Me with my Tyson Chandler mistake......you eating Crown? I take mine on the rocks with a splash of Cola...never tried to eat it before.

kpaav likes this.
  18. Pwn Toney

I'm a King....that's how we roll!!!

KGREG likes this.
  19. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Just buy TM a case of Natty Light and rock a Sheed throwback for a day.
    ...You'll be awight man.

linwood and Pwn Toney like this.
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I bet Pope didn't miss a play when he got another 48 mins of learning from one of the best spots in the arena. It's hard to get minutes when youth, perimeter defense and above average 3p shooting is considered to be profanities by the coaching staff.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.