Home Portland Trail Blazers Monday Nov 26 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Portland Trail Blazers

Monday Nov 26 2012 - 7:30 PM EST

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

TV: FS Detroit

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

kaboom

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Aldridge may be sitting for the TBs.
    Aldridge averaged 24 points against the Pistons their last 8 games against us.
    Last time we played them...Stuckey scored 28 points.
    We're at home......Let's see...I predicted 9-11 after 20 games.......we're 3-11 now.......

Piston's by 10.......:)

4. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

If Aldridge gets DNP, we might have a chance.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If Stuckey gets a DNP we might have a chance!

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I can't wait to see THIS tonight!

[​IMG]

Nemo and linwood like this.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I hope they sit Drummond out tonight. I don't want his confidence and aggression shot thinking of all the injuries that Greg Oden, Sam Bowie and Bill Walton suffered C playing for the Blazers. It will overwhelm him.

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons by 17

roscoe36 likes this.
  9. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Ready for the choke?

10. The Panda

Oh my god get fatty charlie bucket off the court.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

BKnight having a career half.. on both the offense and defensive end......lets hope he keeps that up in the second half...

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. LA Dre

pistons finally get their first win over a Western conference team this season and are now 1-8 vs the west and 3-3 vs the east.

Seven players in double figures with Brandon Knight continuing to improve and show Joe and the rest of us that this is HIS team. Delivering big on the offense end withthree treys, some nifty layups and shutting down 19 ppg rookie Damian Lillard in the first half.

Once Knight got in a bit of a foul problem in the third, Stuck came in finally delivered some clutch shots.

Singler continues to deliver at the 2 with his first career double-double and was 3 of 3 from downtown.

Moose also got a double-double, the proverbial 20-10 that we expect from him every game.

Charlie Garbage has replaced JJ in the lineup and has provided some spark...

Our starting forwards in Tay and Max contributed their role player figures with a combined, 21, 9 and 7 stat line.

Dre once again missed a few bunnies around the hoop, but grabbed six boards and added another block. He was plagued with a fouls so played less than 15 mins.

Good game and great win for the Piston faithful.

jzchen, brofmfa, KGREG and 2 others like this.
  13. The Panda

This game was won from beyond the 3 point line.

Having Singler on there is really great for our spacing.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Charlie! Showcase away Larry Frank.

del and KGREG like this.
  15. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

That was a fun game. Here's what stood out for me

Knight- did really well and kept Damian Lillard in check the whole night. Also, I noticed that his ball handling has improved drastically when compared to last year.

Charlie V- Provided some spark, I kinda miss Jerebko though. But if Charlie V can knock down the threes on a consistent basis he'll open up lanes for Stuckey and Drummond.

Singler- Was great and got his first career double double.

Monroe- Solid as always.

brofmfa likes this.
  16. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Good bounce back win for the boys in red, white and blue after the crap game against Carmelo's Knicks yesterday. I was also pleased to see the effort and (for the most part) the poise maintained throughout the game, even when the Blazers cut the 15 point lead to 6 late.

Brandon - had a very good game; the one thing that keeps this from being a great game for him was the ast/to ratio - he needs to do better than 2:5, but still, he played good defense on Lillard, holding the rookie to a dismal shooting percentage while shooting very well himself en route to 26 points. It was also his bucket and FT (followed by Greg's dunk) that ultimately sealed the win.

Greg - He finished right at 50% shooting for the night with 8/16, but got burned on the defensive end by LaMarcus Aldridge (who was pretty awesome) and made successive mistakes late in the game that allowed the Blazers to get closer but redeemed himself a bit by rebounding well at the end, and his passing as a big man is invaluable.

Kyle was awesome. 16 points on 90% shooting, 10 boards, 5 assists and no turnovers in nearly 36 minutes. That's a PF's line right there, from our starting SG. He was pretty much flawless.

Maxiell was fine. He obviously needs to rebound better as a PF, but he scored efficiently and made some nice passes to cutting teammates.

Tay was actually pretty meh to start with but played better at the end.

Rodney - was bad at the start but played better once he came back in when Brandon picked up his fourth foul early in the third, as the backup PG. He also shot well and took care of the basketball. This might be a good role for him going forward.

Andre played ok, though him picking up two quick fouls blunted his aggression quite a bit. He did fine contesting Alridge's jumpers but got burned (like everyone else) once LMA decided to take it to the hoop. He also missed some easy shots trying his softy layups (owes Brandon at least 2 asts); he really needs to just dunk it home. Still, he was our best post defender and he rebounded decently well in his 14 minutes.

Corey - he was actually pretty bad, mostly with the fouls (especially the 2 in succession when they were in the penalty) and turnovers.

BoT - actually played decently well offensively, living up to being the "stretch four" pretty well. He looked like he tried on defense, but he's an awful defender and that isn't likely to change anytime soon. Still, he had a more positive impact than Jonas had at any point this season.

Bynum - meh. His lack of playing time (and Rodney taking his spot as backup PG in the second half) speaks for itself.

Coach Frank - dude did pretty well. He managed the rotations well and played the hot hand, he also made good use of his timeouts.

A splendid wire to wire victory for the home team. They seem a lot more confident now.

jzchen, brofmfa, basketbills and 2 others like this.
  17. LA Dre

32-10 and 3 steals and 3 blocks for Aldridge, .....and he was game time decision due to back spasms....we would have won by 25 if he had not played...then again if he was really healthy, we may have lost by 15:falloff:

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

K-Sing was cash money!

roscoe36 likes this.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Wow. Where to start. First, a rookie completely outdoing their rookie. Not talking about our rookie from last year. I am talking about this year's rookie. And no, although I was going to be talking about how Drummond was so much better than the guy picked a couple of spots ahead of him - instead I am talking about Singler, a guy picked in the next round. You could put a highlight real of Singler from this game of 40 plays. Easy. His five assists were often of the spectacular variety. Ten bounds. Hit all but a tap back try, including 3 treys. And affected many other plays very positively. Heads up, hustling, flawless play from start to finish in this game - and our starting unit never skipped a beat tonight. A bounce pass after a few dribbles down to the other end to Tay who did not have to do much to convert that perfectly threaded pass. Fast break passing - and finishing, was flawless. Ball fought for, and scrambled for, Singler made the last pass down the floor. Don't think that was an assist, but it was two points from another heads up pass. Cuts in, fights for, and gets bounds. Just doing everything everywhere.

Next, I'll start out negative. Despite excellent play from our starters, we just barely eaked out a 5 point lead at the end of the half. Our bench was still ran by Bynum, a minus 7 in his 5 minutes. Maggette still playing small forward. Stuckey still out of position at shooting guard. JMAX still too short. CV playing no defense. It was not pretty. But coach just flat out nailed the 2nd half. Knight a bit of foul trouble. No problem. In comes Stuckey, and our lead was kept. Singler was in for small forward some there, with Maggette at shooting. Later, Maggette went to small forward, with Stuckey at shooting guard where I keep mentioning - he can't play. But it worked because Maggette was in, and so was CV, so we had our shooters to space the floor. Stuckey played a good, good long stretch at the point. Unsteady at first, but the team and Stuckey kept getting stronger and the lead started building and building. I can't describe just how ecstatic I was to see Stuckey come in to replace Knight.

Can't say much bad about CV tonight. Made a couple of nice passes to Monroe for easy buckets after drawing defenders by driving in. Made some 3's. And made some closer in shots just to prove, yes, they have to guard him when he drives in. Not that bad on defense either - and it was refreshing to at least see a power forward in with some height. (Still has problems, but hey, lets see. I will keep an open mind on how much of an improvment this coach can get out of CV on his defense.)

Monroe 20 - 10 night. Pretty solid. Due to foul trouble on both he and Drummond, we did not see these two get paired up tonight.

JMAX and Tay, as Alexa said, did their part. Nothing great, but they did the job.

Knight just continually drove in and layed the ball in. And made some threes. And shut down that rook I mentioned earlier. Great game. Great to have a real backup too.

Maggette did not do much, but he is a threat to drive in - and he helps space the floor. (PS, I rewatched yesterday's game, and watched in slow mo, over and over, just how far the other team played off Stuckey - what a contrast. Maggette is not perfect, but he is a shooting guard.)

Drummond missed some shots. Not much in his comfort zone though. Hey, Monroe missed a lot of shots out of his comfort zone. Got to miss some to get better. Anyway, nothing wrong with his D or rebounding. He did his job just fine.

Will Stuckey playing backup point carry into next game. Stay tuned for Wednesday's game to find out

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We just fell to 5th in the draft... but I'll take it. Only 4.5 games out of the lead in our division.

On Charlie V, here is what I've been thinking. The dude is made for this opportunity- 2nd to last place, poor offensive team, no pressure, no aspirations. This is where he thrives and we have to let him do his thing. He might be the spark that gets us back to mediocrity.

It's amazing to think how much Singler's trade value would be right now relative to his salary. All of a sudden, a guy who most of here didn't think would crack the rotation, could be paired up with an albatross like Villanueva to make him almost tradeable.

roscoe36 likes this.