Portland Feb. 8th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by Dlev59, Feb 7, 2008.

1. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Me too. I missed this one, but I'm happy the young guys played so well.

Good insightful LeeCap as per usual, too.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I's happy enough...
    4th qtr was attrocious...
    Two years ago, I said Sheed as a 6th man would make us unbeatable, well....
    Dont want to finish 1st in conference, because the top 4 seeds are a lock:
    1. celts
    2, pistons
    3. magic
    4. cavs
    if pistons finish 1st, they will go 1 vs 8, vs 4, vs 2. Or possibly Bulls-Cavs-Celts to get to Finals instead of 2 vs 7, 3-6 and THEN Cavs or celts.

WE'RE NUMBER 2!!! WE'RE NUMBER 2!!
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Well DET won a game but lost the battle of playoff preparation by waiting until there was only 1:17 left to bring in Brezec. If they're not going to play him meaningful minutes, they might as well ship him out for a few second rounders. I'd like to see DET stockpile at least 10 picks for round 2 in 2009.

I too liked the bench play. I too like the unique skills they can offer. I see an exceptionally deep team, but I want more. When I watched the bench play almost all of the second quarter, I saw the reason they don't play more consistently. Flip is not a mix and matcher. If it is going good he won't touch it. If the starters got it going, he's not touching them. The fact that the bench can produce won't matter some nights. Flip has tried some things this year, things that haven't worked out. I am OK with that. I can't help but think though when the teams got it going deep like this, how much more fun the long season could have been.

Watching the 4th this game brought back memories of watching the bench struggle to close out blowouts the last few years. Charlotte is next. DET's bench got sidelined the last time these two met which started the January abyss.
  4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Brezec and the Aryn bomber will both be gone before Oct 1st replaced by our 1st round pick and possibly our 2nd round pick or a mid cap exception signing or possibly via a trade.

:hoops:
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I've been maintaining all season that #2 will be the best seed. I have to re-check the CLE/ORL gap, but if CLE starts gaining and ORL starts choking, then we're in trouble. Until then i have no problem rooting for BOS if need be.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thanks for the props.
  7. raxrets

raxrets Starter

Bench b4 4th q played well - there was absolutely no reason to "mix it" Same with starters. Coaches work isn't mix for keeping fans "excited", their work is to find winning formulas. OK from fans perspective it is nice to think that their teams have plans from A-Y but in a real life players skills are limited and you have to take it into consideration too.

Coaches see their players in practices every day and surely they try there various things. Relax.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

do you know why i'm upset about this game? because after i got home from the palace, i waited for FSN to replay the game so i could tape the 2nd quarter and hear blaha get all excited and everything. i fell asleep and woke up at the start of the 3rd quarter. dangit.

but that was awesome to watch live, the crowd was excited, the pistons were excited, stuckey attacked the basket, afflalo made hard cuts for open layups, hayes played within himself, amir was an animal, chauncey dominated. can you see the advantage now of stuckey being 6'5" ? he can dominate smaller PGs the way chauncey has done over his career. i don't have much else to say - you all saw it. it was the most excited i've been at a pistons game this year.
  9. max

max All-Star

Thats ruff waiting for the FSN re-broadcast at 3am.

Yes it was a very exciting game. Right on the very 1st defensive sequence I knew it was going to be a good game because the starters were all over it. No standing around or slow starts in this one. Starters built up a nice lead which allowed the bench to play extended mins. Props to Saunders for managing the mins so well.

4 of our own draft picks comprise the bench now. Used to be that we did not have a single home grown pick in the rotation, now we have 5.

Great games by really all the subs. Amir started the 1st half great, kind of slowed down in the 2nd half until that ball dive which impressed Saunders. That defiently earned him some PT. He may even surpass Maxiel in the lineup before the end of the season.

Nice plays by Stucky. He gets in to the hoop fairly easily and is just not finishing yet. Imagine when he will, could have had over 20 points last night.

17 1st quarter points by Billups is the season high for a quarter. I am not sure what the all-time record is or if that tied it. Billups did not score since that, I guess he did not need to.

Pistons have quietly established a 7 game winning streak.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Never dance with the devil in the pale moonlight.

I agree. I'm giving up on this team. 7 game winning streaks are meaningless if we can't get Primoz 6 quality minutes every game. :nerd2:
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Don't you mean the next Shaq?
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: pant pant pant :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
  13. buddahfan

There are no such thing as quality minutes as far as Brezec goes in the NBA.

He belongs in Europe where he can play and a make an impact with a second level team.

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like you wrong with that pre-game comment.
  15. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

I don't think he's that limited -- I think a higher tempo full court offense team might find him completely useful, maybe even more than useful.

Heck he might be better in Golden State than Webber will be :nerd2:
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Dude, I corrected it later, before the game started. Sorry if you missed that.
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I just read all of the posts made before the game. I don't see what you're talking about, dude.
  18. buddahfan

He has some ability but that would apply only if he were playing for a lottery team. I don't think he is good enough to be able to play for a playoff team, except maybe the 7th or 8th seed in the East. LOL

19. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

you mean the 2 team in the east that lose the lottery and are forced to be in the playoffs lol scary at some of the records of teams still in the playoff race.
  20. buddahfan

Thats good I like that.