Portland Dec 5 7:30pm

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by max, Dec 2, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Detroit hosts Portland Tuesday Dec 5 7:30pm

tv: tv20
  2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Nazr will definitely have problems defending Randolph. He may even foul out before the 4th quarter, lol...:pound:

Basically, our defensive strategy is stop Randolph and we will stop the Trialblazers. Or maybe we stop everyone else except Randolph???
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Maybe the story is that we let them stay in it in the first half and then they got bold--this happens in a regular season game.

There are potential problems:

We don't make stops like we used too late (Tay on Zack?)

We play a one on one offense without much motion--same as last year. (Portland basically stopped us)

Our bigs were abused as we are often slow and sometimes undersized.

Lets see what the team has this weekend.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Another lower tier team humbles the Pistons...this time on their home floor. Outrebounded, outhustled and out played again. The bench looked good in the first half with 20 pts, but they didn't score in the second half because Flip didn't play them....

7-24 /3 ball attempts...Blazers score more at the FT line than the Pistons attempt, because our bigs don't know how to attack the rim.

What is LB doing these days? We need him, a backup PG and an inside post player to supplement our allstaters... Too late Joe and Mr. D got rid of LB, Arroyo and darko....:stirthepot:
  6. roscoe36

Billups took 9 three pointers, and made one two pointer. He was flat footed, and played an incredibly lazy game. With a chance to win the game, he dribbled around trying to get himself another 3 pointer. Jarret Jack stole his lunch and ate it on the Palace floor.

There are other scapegoats, but Tay and Rip were the only Captains that actually showed up and gave a solid effort.

Very disappointing that we didn't go back to Flip Murray after he played so well. No bench, no energy from the starters, crap result.

Kudos to Sheed for playing a great game. Dice and Nazr weren't great but they weren't horrible. You can only do so much when your perimeter defense allows a free path to the basket.
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I really think the boys will ramp up on the Mavs Thursday.
  8. max

max All-Star

Yep, bad game. Going to read tomorrow on how Billups and co. learned their lesson about taking teams lightly, the same lesson they have had about 500 times in the past few years.

Yikes, how in the heck are they going to beat Dallas and Orlando on a back-back to start their 5 game road trip.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Because they're better and currently have a bad taste in their mouth.
  10. roscoe36

Could there be any better opportunity to play Blalock than a home game against a team with a suspect backcourt?

Or for that matter, playing Amir Johnson, Jason Maxiell or giving Delfino substantial minutes?

We shot 24 three pointers in a grind it out home game. I don't trust Flip to use the hook fast enough, or at all for that matter, but this is beyond ridiculous.

If you think Portland beat us, that would be wrong. We plain beat ourselves playing stupid, lethargic basketball. So much for going to work.

More 3s than free throws!
  11. roscoe36

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't like the strategy for the end of the game tonight.

We were down 1 point with 20 seconds left and we had the ball. You gotta take you chance early so that you can foul if you don't score. Why did Chauncey consciously dribble the clock out? Then when Sheed picked and popped, both defenders followed Billups, but he didn't even look back at Sheed. Instead, he forced it to a fully covered Rip.

Zach Randolph has been a force recently, and there was no doubt that he was going to out muscle us tonight. Tay on Zach? Not a good idea. Who cares if Sheed fouls out with 30 seconds? He would have been the best defender in that situation.

I would rather see Dale Davis start than Nazr at this point. We are a very weak team that relies on the perimeter way too much. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but we need to find out if JMax, Amir, and Blaylock can help... cause if not, then we need to make a deal.
  13. roscoe36

Because Mr. Big Head was trying to get enough separation to jack a big shot. I posted it to chat as it went down. The only # he was calling on that play was his own.

Small ball has been working so well, but this was a tough it out, grind it down game like the playoffs. Slow tempo, lots of half court, and it doesn't suit a small lineup that is geared to transition.

What does it say that I agree and we should start a 37 year old guy over our newly signed (4 year contract) free agent center?

Folks, bad news. There are no trades. We have almost zilch when it comes to tradeable assets. By not completing a BBen S&T this summer, or re-signing Tony Delk, or re-signing Kelvin Cato or keeping Mo Evans instead of dumping him for Samb, that means or core trade assets become Sheed, Dale and Rip plus the kids.
  14. roscoe36

Coaches comments.

Attached Files:

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That is what Joe should be yelling to the choir tomorrow before they board airball one (or whatever it is called ) to Dallas tomorrow. CB even took more 3 ball attempts then he had assists and he is your starting PG!!

Our guys have relied on the jumpers for so long they seem to have forgotten how to attack the rim and when they do, they cannot seem to finish the easy layups or putbacks.

The players need to be called out on this and Flip needs to be put on notice that he needs to call a time out and get in somebody's face when they continue to play lackadasical. Bench those starters CB, Sheed, etc until they can step up and play their game. It makes no since for CB or Prince to dribble/backatheir man down and either get stripped or pass it to fully covered man. Why isn't there ever any weakside help?

If Flip won't play the bench he currently has, then Joe needs to find some players that can produce and more importantly players that Flip can trust.

One thing different from last year team is that they could finish these tight games with a W. This year they already have last second losses to the Hornets, Jazz and now Tblazers that should have been W's in each case.
  16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Can't believe they lost to these clowns. They're gonna have to turn it around really fast, or else it'll be a 4-game losing streak by week's end.
  17. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:laugh: Stop It!:roll:
  18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

at least the starting 4 got their minutes :nerd2:
    FREE THE BENCH!!!
  19. max

max All-Star

He would have made that shot if he was not tired..

Seriously, I am going to wait until the next 2 games before sounding the alarms. So far it looks like good old Piston ball taking 2 teams lightly. Its been going on for years now.

Mohammed does look like a 30mil mistake at this point but the season still is young. Its supposed to be a front court centered around Sheed and when he only scores 5 points its very hard on the team.

Have to put this mostly on Billups if I were to pin a worst performance award. He is supposed to be the team leader as well as starting PG. He jacked up 3's, could not get the offense going. Lackluster games like this seem to start with him so I am sure whats going on there.

1 loss to a bad team is understandable but 2 in a row? Especially before starting a long road trip.
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

More 3's than free throws, and bad defense is are signs of no effort. Pistons sat around for the whole game and they got burned. I thought Jarret Jack was getting bad calls, but that is not the reason for the loss.