Pistons waive Glyniadakis

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Superstarov, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

2. G-man

G-man Starter

Hmmm

We were just posting on Glynny two minutes ago Super. Good timing.
    No surprise on this one.
  3. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

YAHOO posted that at 3:20
  4. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Glynny

Well, the good thing is that this limits somewhat the number of permutations for Lee's rotations. :)

ASB just posted something the other day regarding AG-said he didn't ever see anything in practice that would lead one to believe that Glyniadakis would be an NBA player. He said if he made a squad it would be a really bad one.
  5. G-man

G-man Starter

Permeate..

T-Bird "Well, the good thing is that this limits somewhat the number of permutations for Lee's rotations."

Hear ya bird, that cuts it down to something close to 16,432,651.077 versions! There is a God..:)
  6. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

In a news clip, t was said that theam mates really liked him...as a mascot. Just joking. We all did feel this would be inevitable.
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Joe D.

So much for the theory that Joe was talking him up to increase his trade value (not that I believed that anyway).

Its more likely Joe was just trying to talk him up, knowing full well that he was going to release him, so that another club might give him a tryout.

I think it was just Joe trying to do a nice thing for the kid before sending him packing.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not sure about that either.

Joe can do more with a personal phone call than the media drivel we are fed. I seriously doubt that other GMs scan the headlines to capture Joe's impression of players.
  9. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Why would Joe be talking him up so much one day and then cutting him the next? If you're going to cut the guy, wouldn't you want to stay quiet about him until you actually do release him? It would seem to contridict your previous statement to do so. :confused:

I'm not saying I'm right, it was just a thought, but I don't understand why he would go through the trouble to talk him up just to cut him right after.
  10. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Sounds like Joe is set on his future frontcourt. I think Joe's biggest fear is having another rebuilding time after the starters fade, which is why he spends so much time on guys who never play. But with Darko stepping up, Jmax showing promise, and over the hill veterern 5's a dime a dozen, there doesnt seem to be any reason to keep a center in progress on the team.

Going out on a limb Pistons 5 years from now: Delfino, Amir Johnson, Tay, Jmax, and Darko.
    Joe D aint just making this shot, he's setting up the next.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

sweet now this makes my pistons hat w/his autograph on it worth so much more cause of its rarity!!

err...yeah :P haha