Pistons Vs. Pacers ~ February 23rd, 2006

Discussion in 'February 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Detroit Pistons vs Indiana Pacers
    February 23rd, 2006 ~ 8:00pm
    The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
    TV: TNT
    Radio:WDFN

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your Comments??

GUESS THE SCORE!!

2. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

Okay, I'm gonna start it this time: The Pics of the Pacers starting lineup here is an indication that the bench has a far bigger influence on games than Flip will ever admit. Only Foster and AJ are starting at this point for the Pacers. Pollard, JAX, and Peja fill it out with only the possibility of Tins cracking it by February 23rd. Flip should take notes?
  3. max

max All-Star

Right you are sir. Indy is an example of a platooning team that I was addressing in other threads.

With JO out Indy has one valid NBA starter in Stojakovic and the rest are all bench players. So it really does not matter who plays. RC can simply throw guys in on a hunch and hope for the best.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

Jeff Foster has a really big forehead.
  5. Sycamore Sam

Based, of course, on what we all know is Carlisle's superb recognition of sub patterns and minutes played.
    He's flying by the seat and it might be interesting to see where they are for this game.
  6. Sycamore Sam

And I'd give anything to see this pic of Pollard as the true Pollard. His two ponytails just don't fit the stereotypical NBA starter.:ohwell:
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i WILL be at this game, so it's a win for the stones.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i always think you'll jinx the pistons by saying they'll win whenever you go there, but they actually always do win when your in attendance.
  9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yes, yes. comes in handy for the playoffs.

i forgot how many they lost at home during the playoffs - they did lose one of the times i didn't go heh. what *was* really painful was watching game 5 of the Finals when ____ hit that ____ to win the game.
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

well get tickets to every game then!
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'll be getting tickets to every game, i might sell a couple but i'll be at all the important ones :)
  12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

With all this trade talk this game snuck up on us...
    Revenge game... I'm taking bets on O'Neal backtracking on his statement "uh what I was trying to say was we'll put up a good battle in the first round".
    The game faces should be on tomorrow... gotta box out and keep them out of the paint... Sheed needs to do a better job of helping Ben.
    Hopefully Sheed gets down on the blocks tonight.
  13. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

The bench players are always ready to play and they have benefitted from their starters always being hurt. You can always count on JO to get his back up some minutes.
  14. Sycamore Sam

But, ya know...Granger and Harrison could actually start on most teams. Go figure. Larry Bird has put together something here. Freddie Jones? He'd be 6th man in Detroit.
  15. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Allright, this is the real start of the 2nd half of the season. We have the Pacers in town tonight and this is the future 2nd round of the playoffs match up. This game has alot of emotion splashed all over it.

With the O'neal comments to the lost suffered earlier this month, this game will have a playoffs atmosphere. The game will start off real fast for one of the teams I don't know if it will be the Pistons or the Pacers, but one team will jump out quick take a lead. After the fast start the game will even out go back and forth until the home team burst in front for good and win this game down the stretch.

Detroit has to watch out for the confidence Indiana displays when they play. Indiana believes in their hearts that they can beat this team at anytime, but unfortunately for them it has not come in money time which is the playoffs. Remember this Pacer team is 6-3 in the regular season over the past couple of years. Tonight the Pistons will win this one down the stretch 91-81. It will be a great game to watch. GO PISTONS!!!!
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

It just hasn't been the same since the Warrier got traded away. That old time rivalry just isn't the big deal it once was.

Although the return of Shiney-Skis is making it much better. You can always count on Shine for a real gem. Fred Jones for sixth man! :laugh: Please!

On a serious note, though, the Pacers do have an amazing ability to still be competitve playing a bunch of stock boys from the local farm supply store. Gotta win the board war tonight. I am reallly sick of seeing Jeff Foster outrebound the Pistons front line.
  17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Keys to winning:

1. Rebounds - Definitely should keep the Pacer's offensive rebound at minimal. Ben should get some help from Sheed, Dice and Tay. The 3 of them need to get at least 20 rebounds for the Stones to win most games.

2. Inside Game - Sheed, Dice and Tay should go inside more on the offensive end. If they can get their bigs in foul trouble, the game should be over with 8 minutes left.
  18. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

I agree Fred Jones is a nice sixth man, he will be a frre agent this summer. Tonight Delfino or Evans needs to do a good job on this cat keep him out the lanes and make him a jump shooter.

I would go after Jones in the offseason, I think he is better than Evans but not Delfino
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

20. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

I know the pacers always shot their fair share of treys, however it sort of seems like rc has biten/mimiced some of Flip's style offensively, trying to open up their usually predictable offense. I mean it indeed does make sense with the pick up of peja, but still rather comical to see how they follow our lead like that. As most of us learned from the debacle we gave away in indy, tonight's game is mostly all about who controls the glass. If we rebound effectively we should defeat our wanna be rivals as usual. I really wish that big mouthed clown german oneal was playing tonight, I get so tired of their ready made excuses for everything.

By the way WHY is Mo Evans' defense so SORRY, it's to the point that opponents look to exploit him immediately when he hits the court.... Mo's got to step it up defensively like Delfino CLEARLY has, he's getting the minutes and we need that production and reliability out of him. If not CD seems more than up to the task in my book, pretty much a better all around player anyway actually. Now I'm not going crazy like that guy from flint some of you all know, but just keeping it real folks... Mo's defense SUCKS!