Pistons vs. Nets - March 26 @ 7:30

Discussion in 'March 2006 Games' started by roscoe36, Mar 25, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons vs. New Jersey Nets
    Sunday, March 26th @ 7:30PM

TV: FSN / NBALP / ESPN
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your Comments?
    ~~
  2. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The game we lost to the Nets, J Kidd was hot and was firing on all cylinders. J Kidd is like Zeke, both not very good in career FG%, but when they gets hot, they can shoot from anywhere.

So, basically CB just got J Kidd in check. If J Kidd gets or feel kinda hot, Flip should immediately put Hunter on him. Rip and Tay should be able to defend Carter and Jefferson as they did the 3 games they played each other. Our bigs have their ways against this team. Maybe we can finally see Cato in his first game for the Stones.

Hopefully, we can see the bench more again.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

we'll be alright since i'm goin to the game :)
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

oooooooooooooooo laaawwwwwwwd!:doh: have fun bruddah! 106-93!
  5. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

AGH! I thought this game was on at 3:30 and was going nuts because no station had it on! Pistonsbball got it wrong! Man, I've been using that schedule all season without fail.
  6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The Nets will be highly motivated... we have to sustain an early push.
    They haven't seen Hunter yet... he can be a major factor against Kidd.

Dare I say the Pistons are a better defensive team than last year... what would the points per game against be if L.H. had played all year instead of Arroyo?
  7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Well, I'll get ESPN out here so I'll get the full scoop on how much better the Nets are than us because they have "stars"
  8. roscoe36

Chat is open. Information *here*
  9. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Once again they come in thinking they can turn it on any time. How many times must they get behind the 8-ball for Flip and the players to establish a methodical game plan offensively and defensively?

What's up with Chauncey losing possesion late in games? Either he slips or he makes a TO. Don't understand his poor shot selection in general.
  10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Damn Nets got us again. 14 rebounds from Kidd?!?!?!?!?!

Billups looked horrible tonight. 2-10 and 1 for 3 from downtown. He's been Mr. Bad Shot lately.

Sheed's shot was off as well. 1 for 10 and 0 for 5.

Great game from Dice. 18 boards off the bench! Dice was all over the court, looking like the Dice of old.

Nice minutes from Delk as well. He'll be a great weapon off the bench in the playoffs.

Nets snapped our 10 game win streak earlier this season and now stopped our home winning streak @16, plus held us to our lowest point total of the season.

I hate the Nets.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dang, if they are a streak stopper, do we want to see them in the EC finals or the Heat? I don't understand how they can beat us twice and in both games Sheed is a no show. I missed most of the game and now will have to decide if I want to watch it later on my Tivo.

Somebody needs to show the Tivo to Flip that his bench looked well in the second qtr of the last two games and he needs to let them play in the 4th too....especially when your stars are playing lackadasical.

Looks like the defense got us back in the game, but why didn't we pound it inside those last two possessions, instead of going for the kill with a three ball? We could have got this one into OT and had the momentum carry us on to victory. Bad decisions by the CB and the coaching if they called the last play.:doh:
  12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Miami, New Jeresy, Indiana in that order are the top 3 teams I would want to avoid in the Eastern Conference Playoffs.

I agree about the bench needing more 2nd half and early 4th Q minutes. Billups was looking tired the last few minutes. You could really see him breathing more heavily than usual.

Live by the 3, die by the 3.
  13. roscoe36

Forget the way the Pistons played before February 1st. It's a memory.

The offense bogs down in the halfcourt, Sheed and Chauncey are MIA, and worst of all, Ben has been looking for them for a month, and he was supposed to check in daily but we have gone days without hearing from him.

I don't understand how Flip can leave Dice on the bench at the end of the 4th Q when we needed a 3. What is Ben supposed to do out there? Dice was gobbling up boards like Reggie Evans on speed.

I really don't know what can be said. The starters are out of sync, they're winded on a day's rest, the energy level at home is quite frankly, CRAP.

The only bright spot is that the bench played well. I think we could start them and beat Atlanta, Charlotte and New York.

I always give Sheed a pass, but he's playing terrible lately. So many shots off the front of the rim, and he looks kinda chunky for a guy whose minutes are up over last year, particularly this late in the season. Munchies?

They are a playing a little crappier than the Pistons were last year. Problem is, expectations were raised and promises were made. Homecourt. Focus. Get the belts back. What the hell is going wrong?

And no, I'm not panicking. This is no longer a one or two game blip. It's become a trend. Efficiency is down, energy is down and winnable games are slipping away. PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE HOME RECORD! We'll see about the home record after Dallas comes to town.
  14. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We are just jacking up threes. We are not shooting in rythym off of a pass or inside out or spreading the floor like Phoenix. We just jack them up and our offense has become a two man game and a slow one at that. Maybe the guys are bored--who knows. This offense is now producing the same 70 points last year's offense was producing at times with the opposite philosophy. Either extreme is not good. At least Dyss and Tay are playoff ready. We will take Dallas Tuesday.
  15. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

If anyone is worried about HCA, don't. Spurs lost tonight to the Sonics and play the paperclips and lakers this week again. Half of Dallas' team is injured and we are up 2 games with 13 to go.

If Chauncey plays like this the rest of the season, I'd worry. Our biggest concern seems to be ironing itself out, the bench. I think we should take some pride in that. As that grows, and the season ends nears, the starters should get less minutes as to prepare for the playoffs.

I'm really sick of worrying about our starters' minutes every season though.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would say that was probably the best game I have ever seen from Dyess as a Piston. His hands were really quick on some of those boards. If he is saving that kind of effort for the playoffs, we are golden.
  17. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Why does it seem like Chauncey is taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to get into sets lately? Then to add onto that, the rest of them just stand there. This team puts absolutely ZERO pressure on the defense. Chauncey has completely gone away from the penetration and dish, and gone strictly to high pick and rolls with Sheed, Rip off curls, or dumping the ball to Tayshaun about 20 feet from the rim. Far too predictable.

Dice was incredible though. He was "vintage" Ben Wallace but with an offensive game out there. Actually, the entire bench (Delk, Delfino, Hunter) brought a ton of energy and hustle plays. Flip should have made a statement and started them in the 2nd half.

Also, Delfino may not have made a big impact on the boxscore, but he played a total of 6 minutes (the start of the 2nd quarter), and the team was +12 with him in the game. With Tayshaun coming back in, they were even for the final 6 minutes of the 2nd quarter. It's just a different energy level, and that energy is contagious. There was no reason to DNP him in the 2nd half.
  18. roscoe36

[Detroit Bad Boys]

Woeful O; Nets trap Pistons

The Nets came to the Palace for what was supposed to be a relatively easy win for the Pistons."Easy," because despite a comfortable lead in the pathetic Atlantic division, the Pistons were 30-2 at home and Jersey was 16-19 on the road. This one should not have been an L, but the [...]
  19. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed has been more than disappointing. O like a stud, no effort.
    Bright spots were Dyess (18rebs in 26 minutes!!!) as well as Hunter,Fino and Delk- unusually, the bench.
    CB is forcing it too much, maybe he wants to hear the MVP start again- not, if you play like that, CB!
    Extremely weak shooting performance- and this is when you have to go into the paint more-if the shots don't fall, you take it in the middle.
  20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

was @ the game...first loss i've seen at the palace since game 5 of the finals last year. the pistons were not into this one at all in the 1st quarter...just going through the motions (which was unfortunate because the place was packed at the start of the game and the crowd was ready to get into it). they were a step slow and jersey really brought it defensively. sheed was a no-show the entire game - if i was flip i woulda kept him and ben in toward the end of the game...i just don't see how you can take dyess out while he's in the zone.

rip shot too much (9 of 27) and although he didn't get to the line, he had several drives to the basket that went completely unchallenged. he should have been doing that more. chauncey's problem is that he is passing up shots now in the early game, and then he never gets into a rhythm. he needs to jack up a few more shots earlier in the game.

at least san antonio lost. hopefully we can make a statement tuesday against dallas.