Pistons vs Knicks - Dec 1st 2006

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by roscoe36, Dec 1, 2006.

1. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

http://www.pbase.com/jason_ramon/pistons_vs_knicks

here are some photos from the game. quick and dirty edits but hey it's better than nothing. delfino is the man. hey micro i told you fino could shoot if it's in the flow of the offense. he just often gets stuck with the shot clock running down and he has to take the shot.

jmax looked rusty. maybe there is some truth to the thought process that to get consistency from your bench you have to give them consistent minutes. he was aggressive though and flip pulled him too soon or he should have at least gave him another shot.

flip murray sucks.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Nice picks Jay, thanks. I noticed Steph's foot was on the line. lol

I am sure the NBA referee's union will be emailing you soon to *cough*destroy*cough* that evidence.

Automotion is looking fine, very very fine.

I can't believe the Pistons are propping up this sellout streak. The number of empty seats is embarassing when they announce a sellout. I understand why they do it (sellout streak = more advertising money), but it's getting borderline ridiculous like saying Flip Murray is a PG, or that Nazr Mohammed is a good FT shooter (60%).
  3. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Nice pics.I like the one of Delfino going up with everyone just standing there watching.Oh yah the Automotion ones weren't bad I just glanced at those.:cheerleader: :bigeyes:
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

lol were you at the game (micro)? you did a good job of picking up details. since you put all that stuff very nicely, i'll just add my thoughts...

the knicks are bad. they have the potential to be better than last year, but the pistons didn't take them seriously and you could tell they knew they'd win the game.

eddy curry is mammothly-big. i dunno if he's fat, but i couldn't believe how small nazr looked next to him. he routinely abused nazr early, but by the 2nd half curry was so winded and slow that he was a complete non-factor. reminds me of the current out-of-shape shaq, except curry's gone by the 3rd quarter instead of the 4th. we also played hack-a-curry when the knicks were trying to come back, which worked out perfectly, as the guy was 6/12 from the line, which fits with his career 53% accuracy.

my buddy and i cringe every time delfino shoots a 3 (we were at a couple of his brutal preseason games), and even though he's made so many of them this year, we're both pleasantly surprised when they go in. it's easy to tell when he wants to shoot though (the guy next to me and i called it on a poorly-selected 2-point attempt that was way off).

i'm not as impressed with balkman as micro. he's got some hustle though.

not only is tay aggressive on the court, but in the post-game interview on the floor he was very social and outgoing. maybe he's coming out of his shell in all aspects of life. :D

j-max missed 2 easy shots but it was good that he was able to position himself to get easy shots. i still think the 2nd one was tipped out due to net interference. his 3rd shot was completely ill-advised though, and then he tried to make up for it on the other end and bit on a pump fake. definitely rusty, but still aggressive (got a steal), and tay in the postgame said even though he missed those shots, they really liked the energy he brought.

sheed got 15 rebounds in 33 minutes, tay 6/7 from 3-point range, rip 11/11 from the line, delfino got 16 minutes, mcdyess 9 boards, chauncey 8/9 shooting and 16 assists, some good games all around.

micro thanks for the name of the ref, he single-handedly ruined the game. i'm not even talking about the 2 unnecessary techs (and-1 finger pointing stopped being called 2 weeks ago buddy). i'm talking about the start of the 4th quarter when the pistons got tagged for 2 calls on the first knicks possession, and the knicks were in the bonus after 3½ minutes. the ref called a ridiculous amount of ticky-tack fouls that slowed the game down, removed all flow to it, and allowed the knicks back in the game. mind you, we were getting HAMMERED in the post and that wasn't being called.

this annoys me because by the 3rd quarter we were in a good flow, running smoothly, up by 12, and ready to put the game away, and this one punk @$$ ref decided to make himself bigger than the game and call so much garbage. we woulda been up by 20 in the 4th.

dumars is usually calm but i saw him twiddling his pen very quickly as the rest of us were getting frustrated. har. i dunno if i mentioned this before but he sits in the suite that is half a section over and one row behind me. he also had his glasses on today - he normally goes with contacts. i feel you guys should know these things :O

it seems they do the flames for every game now, regardless if it's on national TV or not. so next time i can take my camera i'll get pics. jay great pics, i'm jealous that you have better seats :O this one is especially funny: http://www.pbase.com/jason_ramon/image/71074205 - looks like the ladies are all checking out the argentina @$$ haha. on a funny note, when carlos makes a shot they often play "don't cry for me argentina", but in a techno-fast-DDR style.
  5. roscoe36

Postgame interviews (audio)

Flip and Zeke

Attached Files:

6. roscoe36

7. max

max All-Star

Warthog - Yes that was a very choppy start to the 4th. It all seemed to happen after Sheeds tech, not sure if Sheed said something and the ref decided to take it out on the whole team. Knicks were in the bonus early and the Pistons did not get a few calls.

Not an incident because we won. Do appreciate the bit about Dumars, composing something to the league?
  8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Micro, thanks for the summary. This is an interesting year after all.
  9. max

max All-Star

Got that info from a non-management regular palace employee. So its not official or anything that can be confirmed at this time. I have no reason to doubt it especially given the sparse crowds at some of the games earlier this year. They have stopped announcing sellouts during the games.