pistons vs heat

Discussion in 'October 2012' started by copper, Oct 18, 2012.

1. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Moderated: Detroit vs. Miami

removed video feed links

-slippy
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or you can watch the game on tape delay on Fox Sports Detroit...since FSD is currently covering the Tigers post-game celebrations.
  3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I unfortunately dont get fsd
  4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

tough game to watch, starters arentplayingwell at all. Frank keeps making the same substitutions. I guess he is trying to keep things plain jane until the regular season ( I hope) I would really like to see Gm and AD in there with BK KE and KM
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

circa 2011 Pistons.
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

yeah really rough goin, cant even look forward to watching andre since he has 5 fouls. Hopefully this is again lawrences way of teaching the young fella and not an oversight of him not getting him out on time. I am hoping with the score so one sided we can see some of the other rooks.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As in....they suck.....
  8. copper

copper Bench Warmer

and in comes Austin Dayemissus
  9. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I hope you noticed: lawernce frank introduced his starting lineup.
  10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Yep. The team that started 4-20 was in full view. Although, there was a slight improvement in the third quarter - they went from horrible to merely bad.
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

First game I watched this season. As usual, coach won't even consider working on his rotations. Might interfere with his agenda. Drummond looks very comfortable handling the ball and scoring near the basket - far beyond just being able to dunk. Impressed. I did not pay that much attention - I was prepared to earlier but the Tigers coverage was on. By the way, although back in 89 I quit watching the Tigers for health reasons (not physically being able to handle any losses - which made me literally heartsick) I did watch them in the 2006 World Series and will watch them in this one as well. Go Tigers.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Baseball is extremely stressful, no doubt. Completely understand.

Glad I missed this Pistons game. Looked like a pretty bad showing judging by the box. Tay was -24 in 23 minutes. Not too impressive.
  13. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond had 9 points, 8 boards, and 5 fouls in 19 minutes against a good team, though they didn't have a true center.

He's proving me wrong; I didn't think he would be ready to contribute much, but he's clearly showing that he is - although he'll have to work on that foul issue.
  14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Was kinda watching online while the Tiger game was on the tube.

As an overall observation, the young guys are absolutely out-playing the old guys in the preseason. If the pre-season is about earning a starting spot, Max and Tay are both 3rd stringers at best. I haven't looked at any stats but aside from seeing him actually make a triple, Rodney Stuckey was just sort of 'whatever' out there.
  15. Slippy

I expect to see a lot of games like this. Your key guys a still too young and the rotation vets are marginal at best. The infusion of talent is at the end of the bench. We will improve in increment with high and lows that will bring us fans hope and despair. Despite the pistons generated hype over the draft picks, our real make or break moment is this coming offseason.
    KGREG and roscoe36 like this.
  16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

This infusion of talent needs to be moved from one end of the bench to the other (the end closest to where Frank sits).
    In some cases, this infusion needs to be moved into the actual game for significant minutes.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  17. Slippy

Drummond continues to be an impact player. You don't have to use funky mysticism to extrapolate positive impact. His presence is felt tangibly. There were a lot of rookie mistakes but the overall impact in consistent and obvious. Start? No Start? It doesn't matter yet. He deserves to be the 1st big off the bench if nothing else.

People wanted Flynn to be the next PG to take Bynum's place but damn he sucks. Bynum has been decent and much better than I expected considering the jeers from the peanut gallery.

I like Singler but like Hayward, he's going to need a bit of seasoning before he starts to come into his own.

Stuckey was oddly invisible to me. My feed was choppy and I couldn't tell who was who but I didn't see Rodney doing much that resulted in anything meaningful. I'm sure that will change as the starters get back up to 30 minutes.

Prince didn't stop the ball and back down while I was watching and thats a good thing. Overall we kept moving and attacking and even getting open looks but Miami really took us out of our sets with their defense.

I really like Kim and Khris. And I hope Jerebko finds his mojo this season.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I fully expect Drummond to have plenty of 10 minute 5 foul games this year. As long as he is aggressive and exuberant instead of stupid and reaching I will not care.

He has earned the right to play by his combination of being drafted so high and producing when he has played. Drop the leash, Larry.
  19. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

The only time the Heat players didn't take the ball inside (Lebron, Wade) every time down the floor was when Drummond was in the game. They could get there and find no opposition against Monroe and Maxiell; having Drummond there at least provided that opposition. While I still want him to start to help with the truly atrocious interior defense, bringing him in as the first big off the bench as Slippy mentioned is a good alternative until he proves he can do what he's doing consistently once the games matter.

I've seen nothing special out of Flynn that would warrant keeping him at this point. Same goes for Williams.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Bringing Drummond off the bench would make it easier to let him play with foul trouble.