Pistons vs Heat

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Sep 25, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

1. Chauncey, Hunter, Arroyo vs Jason Williams, Payton: We have more depth at the PG position, and Chauncey will burn up both these guys and Lindsey can create a lot of TO's on these guys especially Williams.
    2. Rip, Acker, Delfino vs Wade, Posey, Shandon Anderson: We probably don't have the advantage here, but Rip will make one of these guys a lot less efficient by running around, and if Delfino turns out to be good like I think he is than this might not turn into a mismatch for the Heat.
    3. Tayshaun, Evans, Dupree, (maybe Amir Johnson too) vs Simien, Dorell Wright, Matt Walsh: I don't even recognize some of these guys, but i checked the Heat's roster and it looks like these are there SF's (Udonis might be a SF, but I think he's a PF). We have a big advantage here
    4. Sheed', Dyess, Maxiell vs Antione Walker, Haslem: We have a huge size, and skill advantage here we need to take these guys into the post.
    5. Ben, Darko, Davis vs Shaq, Alonzo, Doleac: The Heat have the advantage here, but Shaq's getting worse and Ben is only getting better. Plus we might not even see shaq here by the time we get to the playoffs.:evil:
  2. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

You forgot James Posey is their new starting SF. This makes them a lot more dangerous. He's a fierce defender and competitor. I like the guy, but his health issues are infamous and he's known to get moody if he doesn't get his share of the ball.
  3. Big C

Big C First Round Draft Pick

himat

The Heat plan on using D Wade a lot at the point position this year much like they did his rookie season. Posey is a small forward and a fairly good one. Symien is a power forward and was ranked well ahead of Maxiel in all pre-draft prognastications. Read saturdays Hoopshype where an NBA scout said That GP is the best backup guard in the league. Walker is versatile and will play some 3 and 4. I would have to say the teams are almost fairly even in depth, the difference is Heat have two of the top 5 players in the game period. No one else in league can claim that.
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Hmm..really. I would say that Wade being top 5 is debateable. Top 15 is a lock though. Your point still holds unless you rank Nash top 15.

My top 5:
    1. Garnett
    2. Duncan
    3. Shaq
    4. Bryant
    5. Iverson
    6-10

6. James
    7. McGrady
    8. Krilenko
    9. Dirk
    10. Amare
  5. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Heat.

Well, everybody thinks the Heat are the team to beat with the moves they made, but I still think Indiana is our main competition still.

With Posey at small forward it's about as even there. Remember the time when, for a short stretch, Posey went crazy for Memphis and had a lot of people talking? Or was that some other team? Anyway, Posey is a great defender and scorer so he's gonna be a handful.

Toine is a jack-upper. He jacks so many shots that he's bound to score on some of them, but at the PF position we have Sheed, Dyess, Darko, Jmax to battle Toine, Udonis, and whoever they throw so I think it's there that the mismatch is found. I personally think keep Haslem in, Toine off the bench but hey, I don't care what they do with their lineup just as long as we get the win.

At Center, heck that mismatch is all theirs. All we got is Ben and our fouls but hey, never underestimate Ben's heart.

At shooting guard, it's theirs again with Wade there. But Rip can guard him some, so Delfino better grow up fast.

At point it's ours. Chauncey's too strong. I'd like to see Acker get in behind Arroyo, but Hunter is there so I don't know.

All in all, I still like our chances. And Darko better be ready too. This time he will be thrown in there to be up against Shaq. :pray: :eyebrows:
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The Heat are almost done guys, they only have 2-3 years left because than Shaq is gone. I really think that either Shaq won't play good against us because the Heat might of worn him out in the regular season, or the Heat players won't give him the ball a lot down the stretch in a close game.
  7. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Haha

Yeah, it would be bittersweet to see the big man go and not win one for Miami, breaking that promise he made, falling every time to the future back-back-back champs.....Detroit.

:eyebrows:
  8. Big C

motownpride

Id take Wade over anybody on that list from Kobe on down. He was rated best two guard in the league ahead of kobe and tmac. Just my opinion but I dont think AK 47(krilenko) should be within top 10, hell maybe not even top 20.
  9. MotownPride

I dunno...

By who? I would say that's a bit premature and I'm a huge Wade fan.

Well, I guess I can understand that statement based on his health issues last year, but I think you will be singing a different song by the end of this season. ;)
  10. Big C

motownpride

I think it was ESPN that had the rankings. It was posted on the other Forum weeks ago when me and Anthology was going back and forth about Sheed. D Wade was ranked numero uno at the 2. Bosh was like 7th at the four and Carmello was in the top 10 at the three. Another reason why i remember so well because I posted this info and then stated from the looks of the list, Darko is the worst draft pick ever. And that sparked a big fight with me and Cirrus.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

10/22 game

Anybody going to the Pistons/ Heat game tomorrow? Have good seat tix that they want to sell?

I have to travel back to MI this weekend for family, and wanted to catch the game.
  12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

sorry dude our 2 preseason games in the package were for the 2 this week :(
  13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

From todays (Oct 22) Free Press article by Krista Latham:

A GLUE GUY: After losing to Detroit in the conference finals last year, Miami wanted more offensive options to free up O'Neill and Dwyane Wade, who scored half of the team's points last season.

So the Heat signed Gary Payton, Jason Williams and Antoine Walker and let go of Damon Jones and Eddie Jones.

But so far, Miami's scoring has dropped from 101.5 at the end of last year to 90.3 in exhibitions. They're also averaging 21.5 turnovers.

"We need some guys who make it work," coach Stan Van Gundy told reporters in Florida. "Sometimes you just need guys to catch the ball and move the ball and get out of the way and create spacing and things like that. I haven't seen a lot of that so far, of guys really willing to do that."

Yes, it is early. It is ONLY the preseason. BUT... I'm loving it. Are these the first signs of not enough balls to go around? Is this the first sign that this team was made to fit Rileys specifications and not Van Jeremy's? Wouldn't it be just horrible (uh huh, yeah right) if the players were fighting for control of the ball while Stan and Pat fought for the reigns on the team (easy to guess who wins that one, eh?).
  14. MotownPride

That would be too funny and ironic if the Heat fall flat on their face this year.
  15. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Yes I was expecting this team to be high in To's. Now imagine if they take on us or San Antonio put that average up to 30. At least we have a better reason for our TO's we got a whole new system to settle in, Miami was just stupid and got players who throw up too many stupid shots and tO the ball too much.

In the Heats preseason game against memphis in Puerto Rico Jason Williams took only 1 dribble in the back-court, and he got it stolen from him. Horrible, too bad the video is not on nba.com anymore you could of checked for yourself.
  16. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Miami is overated period. Shaq cannot get up and down the floor as he did in previous years. 360 lbs banging on those knee joints. Just four game into preseason and already he is experincing pain in the knees. Miami will have serious chemistry problems this year, the moves they made during the off-season, how much thought was really put into it. What they received was just some guys who are streaky shooters and no defense. More concerned about Indiana than Miami, matter of fact there is no concern regarding Miami. They will be lucky to get the 6 or 7 seed.

Philadelphia and New Jersey is looking to good for Miami to crack the 3rd or 4th playoff spot.
  17. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

shaq

Plus he is already experiencing calf injuries. I know they are probably preseason "rest" injuries, but with that weight and with the carryover from it last year, Shaq will probably miss a lot of games.
  18. MotownPride

yep..yep..yep..

bulking up was not the smartest thing Shaq has ever done. by..by knees or whatever was left of them.