Pistons vs Heat... Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'October 2006' started by mercury, Oct 2, 2006.

1. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Hey roscoe I will chat with you tonight at game time, its good to be back I miss all the action the last month or so the forum looking good.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This game should be 'bout as vanilla as it gets... no hand tipping this early... look for about 3 basic sets.... these guys already are very familiar with each other
    I'm just lookin' forward to seeing the new guys.
    Tigers & Pistons = split screen

Game Notes PDF
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pistons / Chat Split Monitor Screen, Tigers on the tellie. :D
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

there is a decent chance this will be on P2P TV. i'll be crossing my fingereses
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ITS TIMMMMEEE!!!! Its just good to see the RWB back on the court. I think i can make it through without too many BEN comments. UNTIL..I just got through watching Game 7, Pistons-Heat 2005 on NBATV. I miss the old days. I'll have the game on DVR, but I will join the chat AND EVERY chat this year. Right now, my heart is in Oakland and my spirit is in chicago. This team must earn my trust this year...1.e., Nazr and Murray!:rolleyes: Jeez, we were just throwing these guys under the bus 6 months ago.....love yall!,,,,btw, I am now Darth HQ..please change my name, Roscoe, as my sunshine has gone "Broken Arrow", the dark side....
  6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

So is this like: May the force be down Witcha...my Bruddah? or like something else entirely.
  7. roscoe36

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

What the HELL is that behind him..?:confused:
  9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

That sign is gr8. lol
    Looks like Rodman behind.
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I was thinking more Oliver Miller.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am in Dallas tonight scouting the Mavs, I mean on business, at a hotel that doesn't have NBA TV. Of course so my DVR will do it's job back at home so I will watch the Pistons-Heat game on Thursday. In the mean time I will watch the Tigers in action toninght on FOX and pop into the chat room to see how the Pistons are looking.
  12. roscoe36

JMax eating up the Heat's fouls to give.

I really like this kid. He might never be anything special, but he's just fun to watch and cheer for...
  13. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Sloppy game tonight? 45 turnovers total. Glad to see Delfino got a lot of burn. Hopefully, it'll translate into some regular-season time.
  14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Nazr- B+ (considering who he had to check)
    Delfino B (would have been better if he didn't stray off his assignment)
    Flip- C+ (everything as advertised)
    Jmax- B- (decent ft % would have improved this)
    Amir D (disapeared)
    Blalock C- (nice moves little results)
    Starters incomplete (we know what they bring)

Overall the Heat had a hard time getting inside.. the lanes were quickly closed.
    Nazr looked active on the boards and made Shaq move his feet.
    Flip has a nice cross over this should help us get more inside ops.

As expected sloppy play by both sides... nothing more than a chance to see new/young players in RW&B

Tonights Box score
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Holy crap! I can't believe I forgot about this game!!

I was planning on watching and chatting when I got home from work and then got completely side tracked with family stuff.

Edit to add:
    Was Dupree really a DNP - Coach's Decision?

They played everyone else, including Rickert and some dude I've never heard of before but not Super Dupe? Sup with that? Is he already in Flip's dog house?
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yeah Delfino is obviously holding him back :pound:

Just enjoying the irony... my guess is they'll rotate the bench guys so they can get decent minutes when they do play
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The game was a little sloppy, but not careless. Both teams tried pretty hard for the first preseason game. Most of the turnovers came when the guards threw passes to players who weren't expecting it.

The starters were fine. Dyess wasn't looking for his shot much.

Nazr seemed a little hesitant at first, but he got it going quickly. He has good fundamentals and gives a lot of effort. I am now convinced that given financial considerations, it was the right move to go with him.

Brahma- he should have been working on his FT's all summer long. He needs to convert if he is going to be valuable, b/c he really does get fouled every time he makes a move.

Delfino- Appeared very comfortable. I feel like he has a bit of a swagger from the playing time he got in the FIBA games. To me, he is the true 7th Piston as this point.

Flip Murray- as advertised. I think that he provides a little bit of what Delk did when he was playing well. It is hard to tell if his D is effective from this game.
  18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Where is he having that sign from? Is it true or is somebody really good with photoshop? Do I witness the first "official" nickname that was given by a member from this forum and that translated into the stadium? Will he be the Brahma in the Palace as well?
  19. max

max All-Star

It was a good start. Rust on both sides and the Starters on both sides did not look to do much. Notable exception for Mohammed who appeared determined to get off to a good start. If his religious diet is a problem at this time of year then he certainly did not show it. I liked everything about him except for a few dropped passes in the post. I can see how this was a problem in SAN. Comming from SAN he did play in a pretty good program and you can see that in his D. Very smart defender, not a great one but an opportunistic one. Good at deflections and forcing TO's.

I also liked how Sheed is playing closer to the basket. Kelser said something about that he is expecting to see Sheed play closer since Ben is no longer here to grab his missed 3's. The entire team seemed more focused on the glass so thats a good sign.

It was a battle of the bench for the most part and the Pistons easily won it. Maxiel/Murry provided the spark. Maxiel started off great and tailed off in the 4th quarter. I would definetly stick with the guy as he will get better as the season goes on. Maxiel may even be giving us more than McDyess eventually. He always looks to go inside which is what we need. Points in the paint were always a problem last season.

I am not convinced on Murry being a big part of the rotation. He was able to take advantage this game and is quick on the drive but he never saw a shot that he does not like. This could be a problem. Delfino is the smarter player and can give us everything Murry can plus some added D.

Thought we would see more of Johnson. Not sure why Flip went with that hack over Johnson in the 4th. One thing about the pre-seaon. I would rather see guys who need the time get it than giving chances to players you know do not have a shot in heck of making the team. Just wasting everyones time.

Not a great game by Miami so its tough to tell from this. Miami kind of mucked it up with some sloppy physical play.
  20. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

The second unit looked good which is more than you can say about last year when there was no second unit.